$12 Bottle Mixer

Hi All !

… one of the first things I came up against when starting out on exploring a batch of test mixes for my DIY -NET creations was how to get them mixed properly. I came up with this, and I have searched the forum for other soulitions, not seeing any, I thought the group might be interested in this.

The motor must be 30RPM, anything faster will not really work well. The Black bottle holder is just a piece of strapping I cut from an old backpack, but anything will work. The holes in the shaft as shipped needed to be drilled out larger to pass the zip tie.

the link to the sync motor on Amazon:
Amazon Link for Motor

7 Likes

Great idea, thanx for sharing

Love the idea but does it actually mix well? I just think it looks abit tame, or maybe thats just me?

Love the idea but does it actually mix well? I just think it looks abit tame, or maybe thats just me?

Well, you guys are the experts. You tell me ! I think it works very well. I previously tried using the drive from a old orbital sander, but did not like the inclusion of all the Oxygen when it ‘shook-the-hell’ out of it. I also considered medical hand held homogenizers, but same issue, too much O2 inclusion…

2 Likes

I also probably forgot to mention that I have a little protocol when using this. Time is cheap( at least for me, I am retired :grinning: ) so I let the mix spin for 10- 15 minutes. Then I store the new mix in the fridge overnight. Next morning I retrieve the tray of these mixes from Yesterdays experimentation, let them warm up on the counter, then spin them again for 10 more minutes.

Keep in mind, I am a Cigar / Tobacco NET guy, so my mixes have a much less requirement for flavor micro-infusion. NETS mix readily with VG, as the flavor base is not altered as to respect specific gravity and surface tension issues like the flavor and aroma molecules you find in ‘cream-custard-pie’ and sweeteners.

2 Likes

@50YearsOfCigars I only wish I was an expert sir! If you say it mixes well after 10 minutes I might try building one myself. Its an awesome & creative idea though :smiley: and what are “nets” :flushed:??

natural extracted teas/tobaccos

2 Likes

i love the creative aspect of this , personally i use a mag mixer for everything 30ml and above but this is cool, no doubt about that

1 Like