24/25mm RTA SHOWDOWN | 2016 | 16 Tanks-1 Winner

Thank you for the info , I hope you can find a good easy working solution to your problem! Much Love and Best Wishes!

3 Likes

Itā€™s same with anything though, like camera gear for example. If you spent over $1000 on a starter photography set up, youā€™re going to make it work, and your Canon/Nikon/Sony will be teh bestest camera ever! Iā€™ve been there :smiley: [Nikon are the best, of course] And spent a lot more over time.

On tanks, I own a good bunch of them, and only really use 3 regular. That tells me theyā€™re the better ones, for ME. Others may well not share the same enthusiasm, who cares?

Iā€™m not shy about being brutal about gear I bought either. I slammed the Bellus RTA all over the place after buying it, because it was pissing juice and I found it impossible to build on. Iā€™ve since figured it all out though, and love that RTA now, but I wouldnā€™t recommend it to a beginner, thatā€™s for sure.Other tanks I slated were the Herakles plus because of leaking, the Triton - just hated it, the darkhorse RDA, the Cubis, not really gone on the Melo III either ā€¦ and I bought all of those. No problem down voting them for whatever reasons.

3 Likes

One of my favorite carry combosā€¦itā€™s only 5.25 inches tall, from top of drip tip to the bottom, weighing in at 246 grams:

7 Likes

I love the Moonshot. Itā€™s the one I grab when Iā€™m out the door for a quick run to the store and back. Otherwise it sits on the little cabinet in my bathroom next to my old H.O.G. and Pipes and Tobaccos magazines. Juice capacity is the con here - otherwise itā€™s 5 stars IMO.

Iā€™m with @Pro_Vapes on this one. The best Iā€™ve tried to date is the Boreas. Where I feel it may be less than Vapocalypse worthy is all the bloody o-rings. I think itā€™s more a tank for the semi-advanced builder though. There are a number of things you can do wrong that will result in a less than stellar vape experience. Still itā€™s my absolute fave and Iā€™m never without one loaded and running. Flavor is A+ contrary to what Iā€™ve heard.

The Theorem - hasnā€™t lived up to the hype for me although I do find it a really good vape - for a few minutes anyway. Big con is that glass. I have strong hands and most times when re-wicking I feel like I could break the glass trying to get it off. Iā€™ve tried wetting the o-rings with some vg before assembly but a couple times itā€™s been very hard to remove. The last time the bottom o-ring rolled up and coupled with the top one. What a bitch to remove! If it ever happens again weā€™re through! This was my first (and last) Genesis style. Never again.

As for Vapinā€™ Heathen - love his reviews. Opinionated but humble. I donā€™t agree with 100% of what the man says but he seems to give honest opinions rather than a simple sales pitch. He and Busardo would make a good team.

6 Likes

But itā€™s back to ā€œI agree because itā€™s the best Iā€™ve triedā€ - i.e, you cannot compare it to many others you havenā€™t. Thatā€™s no different to what I was stating. If weā€™re all only allowed go by what weā€™ve tried, then there never will be a best and itā€™s all a load of nonsense. I say The Avocado 24 and Cleito RBA are better than most others out there atm, because I have them, and theyā€™re great ā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah the Cleito RBA is great!

3 Likes

If someone is saying a tank or mod is the best or worst and they havenā€™t tried them, then why listen to themā€¦or better yet, why are they even talking? :slight_smile:

None of us can make a sound assessment of a tank weā€™ve not vaped on, so ā€œthe best Iā€™ve triedā€ is letting people know, I havenā€™t tried them all. Frankly I canā€™t see myself getting them all. I donā€™t have that kind of time or money!

8 Likes

BOREAS is best RTA Iā€™ve tried, thatā€™s my story and Iā€™m sticking to it. :innocent::innocent:

6 Likes

The reviewers I tend to trust donā€™t bullshit, plain simple. I like straight up critics/reviewers, the ones who have yet to steer me wrong. Itā€™s nonsense to not research and look up reviews on something before buying. Iā€™ll take non-bias decent reviewers word before people over hyping in forums, just being honest mind.

Donā€™t think anyone here has spewed any ā€œworst everā€ comments about any of these tanks - but I think itā€™s reasonable to say ā€˜not for meā€™ without even trying it. I think Iā€™ve said 3 times now I donā€™t like larger capacity tanks. that alone is a good reason for me not to bother with the likes of the Boreas.

3 Likes

Is it better than the Avocado 24?

1 Like

for sure itā€™s not only how it vapes, but itā€™s how it comes apart and goes back together without leaking

2 Likes

Hey @BoDarc, do you have the TF-RTA and if so, what are your pros/cons?

No but itā€™s likely my next purchase

1 Like

also notice in the review his models (TF-RTA) have the wide chimney like the Griffin. There is an older model without that ā€¦almost same designation TF-RDTA ā€¦$1.00 cheaper

His review shows the one I linked way up top

3 Likes

Actually the RDTA is the newer model. Juice and air flow are totally different between them, too. Itā€™s the RDTA that he scored highest in the video.

1 Like

Holy sh*t the RTA tied for #2 you are correct sir RDTA was #1

1 Like

Just had one of those light bulb ideasā€¦some on line Vape guru should offer these RTA kit for a hell of a dealā€¦ All 18 tanks.
How much would yā€™all be willing to pay for The RTA Tank Showdown Bundle?

Iā€™d give $200
Never gonna happen but maybe.

3 Likes

You got that right and and anyone who has friends that donā€™t agree needs to find better friends!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Couple more and youā€™ll have a bakers dozen :male_detective:
Sweet set ups.

2 Likes

Thanks , I do like them.They fit my vape style better than anything I have found to date.

2 Likes