24/25mm RTA SHOWDOWN | 2016 | 16 Tanks-1 Winner

Some dumb s&*$ being said in here :smiley:

Such a great tank you have to put safety bands on them … I haven’t used one of those pugly things in over a year, and never broken glass.

I guess you’re trying to make the tanks look better? because let’s face it, the Boreas is one ugly SOB :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well my BOREAS can whoop your BOREAS ass any time! So there…:tongue:

5 Likes

Crazy shit…

4 Likes

Joking aside though, is the Boreas not a bit … awkward to use for flavour testing? With that huge capacity?

2 Likes

No, just drip down drip tip. It’s a drip per in there. :grin:

2 Likes

You can do that with the Avocado too. But I prefer to use an actual RBA, like the Velocity, if needed it takes like 30 seconds to re-wick on the spot too.

3 Likes

I broke my first glass about a three weeks ago , sad to say.I had only used bands on one tank before that , the Ohmega Alpha BFT to use as an air flow adjustment like the Aromamizer.Now I use them on all tanks to protect from my clumsiness and to help promote the forum.I actually took the pic to show my appreciation to member @Whiterose0818 in the ELR vape bands thread.He came up with an idea to promote ELR with vape bands. I also decided the pic should be in this thread to show the Boreas , the best tank ever!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’ve never broken a glass by dropping or knocking over but I’ve broken plenty by just taking an atty apart… ejuice turns into super glue it seems :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d actually rather break the very odd tank than use vape bands personally. I just think they look naff, no matter what’s written on them. In 3 years I have broken the glass of a tank … ONCE. I’m not even exaggerating. And I’m a clumsy oaf.

1 Like

Different strokes for different folks. I sometimes use a vape band and sometimes I don’t.

2 Likes

That’s what makes the world go round…varying opinions. I love the vape bands @Whiterose0818 had made for us. Got plenty of others but only ever used them just for looks, but this one, I think the looks are awesome and it gives me a lot of pride to sport them around. Now pull those cuckleburs out of your shorts! LOL :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Precisely, makes me wonder why I was jumped all over for saying the Boreas is pugly. See how it goes lads? :wink: All you’re doing is disagreeing with me, same thing, no big deal.

I have a bunch of vape bands that say all kinds of dumb crap, like “Fog machine” or “It’s not smoke, it’s vape” yawn - I did use them one time, for glass protection. But always thought they looked a bit … silly. Tanks look better without them almost always.

1 Like

Same way I feel about a fanny pack. Yet there are dudes out there who love them. Go figure.

8 Likes

I just like representing the forum and DIY. Especially
When out and about and someone asks about the logo and ELR…
I say yup…
Do you wanna learn how to mix by weight?
Receive puzzled look.
Do you want to learn what FA INW and cap stands for?
Another puzzled look recieved.
Would you rather spend 1-5 dollars for 30mls of ejuice for ever?
Answer is always yes.

Then I show pictures of my mixing set with scale, explain the importance of reading, and hand out my card. Then let them know it’s free.

4 Likes

I really like the Boreas. It does exactly what I want and is suited to my style of vaping. I actually like the looks too… simple plain Jane. Like @SthrnMixer said… varying opinions… that’s what makes the world go round. I don’t use vape bands all that much but when I saw @Whiterose0818 offering I saw an opportunity to show support for ELR. This is a very nice place filled with real people that are nice and very knowledgeable. Unlike some of the vape bros over on Reddit. You can’t even ask a simple question there without assholes coming out of the woodwork with smartass comments and the usual “read the sidebar”.

5 Likes

I think the very fact Americans call asses ‘fanny’ to begin with is hilarious :smiley:

3 Likes

Should we call it our bum? or arse? :smiley:

1 Like

From the British Slang Dictionary:
fanny: n female genitalia. This is another word which could leave you abroad and in dire straits. In the U.S., your fanny is your posterior and a “fanny pack” is what Brits decided to call a “bum bag” instead. There’s a neoprene belt sold in the U.S. that is designed to stop snow from entering your ski jacket during a fall. It is marketed under the name “Fanny Flaps.” It is not for sale in the U.K.

6 Likes

Arse when in Ireland, Bum in the UK, fanny is as it says up there ^ I guess same as p*y. SO to us, when you say fanny pack, we hear "Psy pack" lol.

4 Likes

Well it should be! :slight_smile:

And what’s wrong with packing one of those? :laughing:

Are we having fun yet?

4 Likes