24/25mm RTA SHOWDOWN | 2016 | 16 Tanks-1 Winner

What is a series deck. I don’t think I own one… any photos?

1 Like

I’ve made what I would call a series coil. So on a mandrel, by hand, I wound like 6 wraps then another wrap that was widely spaced. Then another 6 wraps so that there are 2 coils on 1 wire. But for the life of me I can’t remember how that ohmed out. Not my idea, I saw it on a YT vid maybe last year. Can’t find it now though.

3 Likes

I don’t own one, but the Rafale X is one…the Modfather makes one…there’s another called the Neutron I think.
Several companies offer it…I’m building, so i can’t look it up (or won’t, lol).

3 Likes

I am lost as last years Easter egg as well . I understand the concept but I don’t own any series decks at this time. I must admit , it does sound interesting!:grinning:

2 Likes

So a series coil is actually dbl the wire on a single +/- connection. Seems like it would dbl the ohms. Sounds like an easy way to build a dual coil without building it too low.

1 Like

Ive been through many tanks over the last 18 months trying to find the “perfect” one for me. Everything from the Goblin mini to the new Wismec Cylin. And, for me, the best tank out there is the Griffin 25 Plus. This tank is amazing to put it simply. Build deck is huge, air flow options are a plenty, it wicks just like an RDA and zero leaking. Right now Im vaping it with triple 28g twisted and Im vaping Fried Ice Cream (DIYorDIE’s recipe) and the flavor off of it is great. Ive had fused claptopns, helix wire, claptons and twists on this thing and never a less then great flavorful hit and never a dry hit. In my humble opinion, Best tank of 2016: Griffin 25 Plus, hands down.

Yup…it doubles the ohms versus halving the ohms like usual. I’ve always wanted to know if the deep water build would be as satisfying to you guys…

2 Likes

That would be awesome to try and see if a Deep Water would be compatible with a PWM. :grinning:

2 Likes

not tryna get you guys started on another “new tank crusade”, but has anyone tried the Modfather RTA? If ya’ll recall, i cant vape the larger tanks anymore, but i bought one for the Queen and she said it out performs the Boreas all day long…
I brought this up, because the MF has the optional series deck.

3 Likes

I haven’tbeen bothered with any new tanks or mods lately. After trying so many, you begin to realise, they’re all much of a muchness in the same class.

I’m getting a Cleito 120 from Santa :smiley: and that’s the only one I want for now. My old Cleito with the RTA section and my Mage RTA are all I have been using for months now [with an old Velocity clone for juice testing] , without any issues.

1 Like

I have to agree. I have focused more on matching coiling and wicking with attys and mods and tweaked my way to a singular coupla pairs that deliver it just how I like. Subjectivity rules here, and I’m not sure any review could deliver to everyone …may not be possible. Frugal tinkering to get here has been much fun and satisfying, and I am positioned to spend the money saved on some stuff I really need (ok want). @uncaged Enjoy your gifts!

3 Likes

Loving the Cleito 120 - BUT … my ruddy Alien decided to die on me :frowning: The LCD just went on the blink, it still fires but I can’t tell the settings. I have been on to the supplier and they said to send it back, so hopefully they either fix it or replace it. I have a Smoant Battlestar ordered from gearbest just in case. I have to have at least one dual battery mod. I still use y old Evic mini tc and Tesla nano 60w and also an old battered Cuboid mini - which I have the 120 on for the moment. As it’s the highest watt mod I got. looks funny, but works nicely :slight_smile:

The Cleito 120 with the rba section is now my favorite ‘RTA’. It’s the same thing, but bigger.

IJoy Exo RTA Tank. I’m so surprised on how great the tank is. Highly recommend it. The tank does not leak, great flavor, two decks, short and extended mode, a breeze to build on and a great price. Definitely my favorite RTA.