A Beginner's Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes

Sweeter and smoother could easily be the effects of VG. Give a 50/50 batch a try.

2 Likes

I might try a 10mil just out of curiosity but I like my version better now. Is that conceited or a common side effect of trying to DIY clone stuff?

5 Likes

Personally, it’s a common side effect.

I’ve recently learned that the one I’ve been trying to clone for the last few months actually turned out better than the retail offering. (Either that, or they’ve monkeyed with their recipe since I last bought it. lol)

Either way, I’m happy with the results as well as the experience gained as my journey has progressed! =)

3 Likes

I think it’s common for DIY. Since people who DIY have the ability to tweak the flavors to their own tastes, they frequently do so. I rarely make the a recipe exactly the same twice, since I will often reduce one flavor a tiny amount and/or increase another, adjusting something based on my tasting notes. And then, once I’ve perfected it, I find that differences in aging time can make a difference, too. And changing the PG/VG ratio. Or changing to a different tank. With DIY, many adjustments can be made, so they often are made.

6 Likes

i’m still confuse bout mixing pg+flavour
i want to create simple liquid on 20ml 40/60 PG/VG
please tell me how % one by one on this table :

PG
VG
strawberry (redbell),
caramel (k. h. robert),
sorbitol
EM

and how to mix’it,… please tel me step by step,… tx before

1 Like

You probably should take a look at this thread:

In particular, the 2nd link: “Intro to DIY Video”

1 Like

ok ic tx sir,

1 Like

Here is another handy URL you need to use… http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

1 Like

Now what about magnetic stirrers w/ hot plate what tem is usually best

1 Like

Searching for “magnetic stirrers” brings up many threads devoted to that subject.
http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?q=magnetic%20stirrers

2 Likes

I wish I had found this post, indeed, this site before I had placed my first order! :slight_smile: Great information & I’m sure the other links will be just as informative & helpful! Thanks a heap! :smile:

6 Likes

Just feeling grateful to be here. Registered yesterday and found this post and other awesome tutorial. Hope will try some recipes in few days…Thank you for this great work mate…

9 Likes

Welcome to ELR, hope you will enjoy it here and all the good people. :thumbsup:

5 Likes

From a newbie myself. That is a question I had too. I hope to learn how much of a difference it makes on the ratio of PG vs VG. Thank you.

2 Likes

Great job and well thought out, I could not think of a better way to introduce your topic.

4 Likes

I just signed up to this site but have been using for about 3 months. I thought it was just a calculator but I then find out you have thousands of recipes :scream: I cannot wait to get mixing now.

I do have one question though. Is there a way to search recipes with what flavours I have at home?

1 Like

There sure is. Take a look at The Guide
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/guide

Read up until 2.2, so you understand the Flavor Stash, and 2.2 will explain how to search using your Flavor Stash and the “What Can I Make” feature.

2 Likes

Oh, and don’t forget, you need to save up for your flavors… You can’t be cheap about it like me. I even have a wholesale account at Capela’s and they still rape me on the shipping. It’s 13 bucks for them to ship you a 13ml bottle of flavor… that’s jacked up, especially when you buy 4 4oz bottles and a half dozen 13ml bottles and the shipping is STILL 13 bucks. Robbery.

2 Likes

LOL well its a lot more for me to get shipped to the uk hahahha

4 Likes

not for noobs, i think here is too many info to do anyting usually but that a pity for me. the great parfumer diying in me :blush:

1 Like