A New WHAT thread, What are you COOKING!

#carnivore breakfast: 1# of 93% lean burger baked in the oven, topped with 2g of morton lite salt, 33g of sour cream, a tsp of franks and 3 slices of boar’s head simplicity uncured bacon. Not pictured was the 2 oz’s of BH lite liverwurst I ate after this. I need to head out and buy some more liverwurst asap.

4 Likes

@Fozzy71 What the hell is that !!! ???

I don’t think I have ever tried hamburger with sour cream. I’m not 100% sure, but I think I’m excited now !!!

1 Like

haha, i dont think I had ever done it before either but i have done sour cream and franks with HB eggs before. I kinda forgot about the combo as I took a couple month break from dairy but I have been eating it again (goat cheese is my new fave thing). I got the idea of putting it on gr beef from another #carnivore I follow on twitter this morning and gave it a try, it was great. I normally just eat it plain or with a little franks and mustard together.

edit: cream cheese and franks is great together too.

2 Likes

Looks like someone went keto! :+1:

2 Likes

You nailed it!!!

2 Likes

Oh that is cruelty to an Ogre!!! I love Cajun! I love Shrimp! I think I’m in love with everything on that plate!

2 Likes

I went strict #carnivore (i.e. ‘zero-carb’) 8+ months ago after a year or two of keto. Never going back.

3 Likes

Fixing some steak tacos …

8 Likes

Looks like a tasty filling and has reminded me that I promised to make tortelloni tomorrow.

5 Likes

I normally throw stuff together to see what comes out. Main seasoning I use is garlic (lots of it, don’t care about other people… lol), italian herbs and chili or cheyanne pepper. Mainly protein based as on max 50g of carbs a day.

6 Likes

A very rustic tortelloni: Perfect for a lazy bank holiday.

3 Likes

Oh I go mad with garlic. Garlic mash and roasted garlic to spread (it takes on a butter like quality after a long roast) on steaks when when are resting being two personal favourites.

4 Likes

@SquirrelSmash I get it! I’d use garlic for deodorant or mix it with my laundry soap, or make a vape with it if I could.

3 Likes

Well, being as pale as me does require extra steps to show that I am not a literary vampire.

3 Likes

Extra steps aside, I’m still not convinced you’re not a literary vampire.

2 Likes

Big batch of dirty rice today :yum:

5 Likes

Not “cooking” but I’ve added green smoothies into my daily food for the past week. I struggle getting enough veggies, including leafy green ones, into my diet. Make them from scratch with lots of greens (kale, spinach and other mixed greens with a bit of fruit, yogurt, avocado (a fruit), ginger, turmeric, chia and moringa powder, flax oil and either walnuts or almonds. So far I’m enjoying them and have had more greens and veggies in the last week than in the last 6 months. Gonna keep it up for 30 days to see if it positively affects my blood pressure and blood sugar. Gotta say, they are refreshing in the warmer weather.

5 Likes

Soon this evening having some fresh caught Spanish Mackerel :drooling_face:

5 Likes

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer looking fantastically delicious!

3 Likes