A Sad Day for Cloudage in the LSquared House

My original Joyetech eVic VT (not the VTC Mini) finally gave up the ghost.:cry:

This was my first Joytech VW device and lasted well over two years. I havent used it too much for the last year cause the battery was not lasting as long but I still used it a couple times a week. There is just something special about that device. Anyway I thought about getting a vTwo in that sexy burgandy color but after looking online I realise that the only places that still carry it are way too expensive. Sad day indeed.

5 Likes

Put a new battery pack in it!

1 Like

I checked that first but the board is fried. I bought it in march of 2015 so I really canā€™t complain.

4 Likes

Is it the board or surface mount components?

1 Like

It looks like the inductor popped. I could probably replace it but finding the right parts would likely be difficult. I will most like just try and find a used one instead.

2 Likes

can you pull the numbers off of it?

1 Like

There are none.

Joyetech Super Secret Chinesium Components. :laughing: Hahahah

3 Likes

Well shit! Good luck finding parts bro!

3 Likes

https://www.efun.top/evic-vtc-mini-with-tron.html

If you donā€™t like the color they send youā€¦ rip the guts out of one of these and stick it in your old mod! For $15 you canā€™t beat this dealā€¦

I bought 2 like the above link shows, not long ago, and both of them sent were blackā€¦ luck me. I threw away the atomizers which came with them. :smirk:

I use the EVic mini as an every day work horse myselfā€¦ I feel your pain with your loss! :pensive:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a great deal but Iā€™m looking for the Evic VT or VTwo full size. I have two of the VTC Minis that are still going strong.

3 Likes

My apologiesā€¦ I completely overlooked/missed what was in parentheses! My bad! :pensive:

1 Like

???

https://www.efun.top/joyetech-evic-vt-vw-box-mod-5000mah.html

3 Likes

Is this it?

3 Likes

Well youā€™ve got me beat!

2 Likes

Bury it in the back yard and visit it once a year.

5 Likes

Feel for ya brother. That happened to my RX200 and I was bummed as well. Bought an RX 2/3 to replace it and was very disappointed.

2 Likes

I had a wife like that. Worked fine for 20 years then decided to boogie. I was very fortunate. The new model is much nicer.

4 Likes

Been there/done that. For a while there I thought I was hosting a give-away. Just say ā€œI doā€ and walk away with cash and prizes. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yup, sometimes you have to read a bad book to appreciate a good one.

2 Likes

Malwarebytes has been halting efuntop website for me. Noticed it a few days ago.

No derail -

I loved my Evic till I dropped it and knocked the usb port off the board. I tried to fix it but my old eyes wouldnā€™t let me see good enough to do a decent soldering job. Then I got into all my dual coil, big wire builds and now itā€™s not worth it.

@louiesquared are you in the US? If so, and if I can find my old mod, Iā€™ll send it to you so you can make repairs on yours. Lemme know.

4 Likes