Add notes to Shopping List?

I think an excellent addition would be a simple Notes text area added to the shopping list. Such a place could be used to add a reminder for items that aren’t flavors, like bottles or pipettes. It would also be useful for times when you want to order a specific flavor in a larger size.

6 Likes

Or for flavours for a particular recipe.

2 Likes

I thought about similar things. Currently I switch to another tab in my browser linked to my Vendor “Wishlist” and add them there. Then when I’m ready to buy I can just add to cart. My notes are a file on my PC (.doc). This may seem like extra steps, but not when it’s time to order.

If all my info was on here (flavor wish list) I would still have to export (cut/paste) and enter into my Vendor site anyway …that would be duplication of effort. I am sure @JoJo will be along shortly with more details on how best to use what’s in place. I like having my info portable on my local PC (and ready to pop on my Vendor site), but I can definitely see what you mean. Also understand your current “Notes” populate a searchable database used by others, and how many bottles or pipettes you desire would not have the same value as a shared resource

4 Likes

I think that would be nice. A place to write where you plan to get stuff, how much you want to buy, other stuff (like you said).

@jhmiller If you’re saying the ability to add flavors to the shopping list from a recipe, I believe that’s on daath’s list of to-dos as well as transferring from shopping list to flavor stash easily. :slight_smile:

@BoDarc I don’t think there’s much I can add to that. :stuck_out_tongue: I keep a spreadsheet with flavors I want to buy and it has notes on where I should get it, how much, etc. Flavor notes are public, like you said. I think a notes section on the shopping list would be private if added.

4 Likes

Yeah I was definitely thinking of a Notes section personal to each user. I wouldn’t care if it’s searchable by others.

I find that there’s ALWAYS 1 or 2 flavors that my preferred vendor doesn’t have, so I usually bounce between 3 until I find whichever vendor has all - or at least most - of the flavors in stock. Thus I don’t keep a single Wishlist going at any single site, so duplicating 3 Wishlists would be more of a pain. For me. And keeping the notes in a separate doc also duplicates the effort.

I guess there’s always a chance of duplicating effort, if one vendor doesn’t have a particular flavor.

I get what you’re saying though. There’s probably no perfect way. I just liked the idea of having all my DIY stuff to get in one place.

4 Likes

It is for when i see a recipe that i like the look of and have most flavours apart from 1 or 2 so i add them to the shopping list then when it’s time to order i forget what recipe i wanted the flavour for.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s a good point, too. So something like private notes on specific flavors in the shopping list as well as an additional ‘notes’ section. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

[quote=“jhmiller, post:6, topic:72286”]
so i add them to the shopping list then when it’s time to order i forget what recipe i wanted the flavour for.[/quote]
LOL. I do that all the time. Every package I get has a flavor that I have no idea why I bought. I then have to search by flavor stash and see if I can find the one I wanted to make. I don’t think I’m always successful in finding the original recipe. Old age sucks.

1 Like

Is there a way to make a flavor go from stash to shopping list ?

Click on the flavor in your stash. Then in the upper-right-hand corner there will be a link for Add To Shopping List.

1 Like

I do that as well, my three are Nicotine River favorite, Bull City Vapor and Wizard labs tie for second. But lately I find if I whine to Grant at Nicotine River he starts carrying it for me.:grin:

1 Like

Thank’s I did not see that DUH

Excellent idea. I would use this feature and find it extremely useful.

1 Like

So I’m seriously necro-ing this thread, I know, apologies. This has been implemented since the topic was started, but rather than start a new topic on this I figured I’d just put it here.

Ability to edit the shopping list notes? I use a system when I add things to my shopping list that tells me how desperately I need something. If I decide I need to increase the priority, I have to remove the flavor from the list and re-add with the new note. It works, but it kinda stinks to have to do that.

Alternatively, a sortable priority system. High Med Low, stars, something like that. :slight_smile:

WARNING: Zombie @Jojo posts have been spotted out in these woods! …nothing to see here …stay calm …still not sure why this popped up under my “Suggested Topics” but clearly I have poor impulse control. If you see this post stay away …resist …replying only makes it worse. Maybe an Admin can poke it in the brain pan with a pointy stick

2 Likes