Additives for Tobacco/Cigarette mixes

For the past few years I’ve been experimenting with tobacco and cigarette style mixes, all in an effort to offer those smokers I meet with, something a little closer or representative of the flavor/experience.

We’re all aware that cigarettes have a lot of common and or enjoyable tasting additives. By adding some of these to either our tobacco or cigarette mixes, I believe we get just a tad closer; if not offering a richer vape with a little more character.

The most common additives I use are as follows -
Coffee, Chocolate, Oak Wood, Nuts, Vinegar, Rum, Vanillin, Sour, Creams and AP. One must mix a batch larger than 30 ml however, generally I do a 50 or 120 ml batch.

Experiment with these flavors and remember to start out low. Anywhere from 0.25 %.

For those that wish to read the whole post on the site - additives-for-cigarette-tobacco-mixes/

7 Likes

Good stuff there Charles. I use several of the flavorings you suggest on your blog and am just beginning to experiment with vinegar. Yes, I remain a tobacco man, just one who no longer finds combustion to be user friendly. As a former pipe smoker with an almost embarrassing large stash of cellared tobacco, I make my own NET concentrates in a myriad of varieties, so what you are advocating of course fits that process well. Onward, toward the grail!

3 Likes

Thanks jimmyd, Hope someone with less experience gets some benefit. That’s some heavy duty mixing you’re into, good for you!

2 Likes

The Vapers Table was one of those sites I hit a couple of years back myself… soooo much good info there; it really helped me out in the pairing department! :sunglasses:

I’m in the same boat as @jimmyd, however, on occasion I do mix a hybrid with synth flavors to bring out a top coat dressing on a cased tobacco and make it :boom:pop​:boom: a bit more.

Good reading for anyone, actually! :wink: Kudos to you and Megan for creating such a wonderful resource!

2 Likes

I haven’t made any tobacco juices, but had planned on it awhile back. One product I purchased (but never tried) was DNB I believe it was suppose to provide that ashy taste that tobacco smoking gives.

1 Like

I just started mixing 2 months ago. I made 10ml batches of Burley (FA) Cowboy Blend (FA) Desert Ship (FA) and Western (Cowboy) (TPA) at the median % single flavor. I did a 10 minute sonic cleaner, cheap weak $20 machine, daily. At 4 weeks they all tasted like perfume. The burley tasted most like tobacco. I added 0.5% AP and they all actually lost that perfume taste. Not spectacular on their own but I was encouraged.
I then tried adding Black Fire (FA) or Dark Vapure (FA), at median recipe %. They were like licking an ashtray. Then the one nobody uses, Flash (FA). Having learned my lesson on recommended %s, I started with 1 drop per 10ml. It added that peppery bite that was missing.
Now for the successes. I use the tobaccos at a total of 90% of the median single flavor. If I want a 3/4 Western and !/4 burley blend, thats 3/4 the 90% and 1/4 the 90% respectively. I like the Nut mix because it just gives a nutty impression where the specific nuts even in weak amounts seem to dominate the flavor. Coconut works really well too, and seems to blend a little better with the creams. For the creaminess I like Catalan Cream (FA), you get creamy, a little spice, and some tart citrus bite. If a flavor is overpowering the others I add smooth or vape wizard and give it another week and re-taste it before i change the mix.
I’m still looking for something better to add the peppery bite.

3 Likes

Thank you Kinnikinnick for your kind words.

2 Likes