Advice Needed.. Looking to run TC mode on my VT75

I know when I first got into using TC it was a learning curve for sure.

I started with the IPV 4 then the RX200 and Evic VTC mini then to the VT133. It wasn’t until I got my first DNA that I experienced truly flawless TC function.

I will tell you this much, for TC to work properly on any mod the Atty and build quality must be 100% rock solid.

1 Like

All good troubleshooting is a process of elimination starting with the most likely culprit and working from there. Here’s what I would try…

1. Take out batteries, wait a minute then reinstall batteries. Set to the proper profile for your TC wire, attach atty and press fire quickly. Does it read ohm’s correctly? If not, see step 2. If it does, try re-wicking and dry-firing. Does it get hot, scorch or burn the cotton? If so, again to step 2. If not it may be fixed.
  2. Check the build integrity. Spaced coils not touching, contact coils looking good. Coils tight in the mounting posts, not touching the deck or cap of the atty. Atty center pin tight and overall solid all around with nothing loose.
  3. Mod hung up? I can’t remember…think it was a DNA but maybe another mod. I had to change to another wire type, fire, then back to my original wire and it worked again. This shouldn’t happen and it only happened to me once. If 1 or 2 doesn’t fix it you can try this.
  4. If all else fails you can do a factory reset from within Escribe.

I have a feeling you will find the problem in step 1 or 2. But if not, you could just skip step 4 and rebuild the atty. Especially if there’s any chance in hell you may have confused the wire you built with.

Let us know if you find the problem…and good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks!

I noticed that when the coil went red it went from the legs first, so i retightened the screws and tried again, same thing, tried resetting the profile, same thing…

It worked fine when i had it plugged in, didnt glow, just heated up, as soon as i unplugged it, it went wrong again and the screen showed 5 digits! :astonished:

I’ll try a full reset via escribe when i recover from my toxic inhalation

Man that sounds like some experience.

Hopscotched you can get to the bottom of it and I don’t know just work through the issue. Geez I know I’d be feeling a bit uncomfortable about hopping back on that horse.

Here’s hoping you and those with the know can work it out.

Keep your chin up and cough those lungs clean good luck.

Did you try pulling the batteries and putting back in?

If it was working well while plugged up and changed suddenly when you disconnected the USB, sounds like something went sideways. If pulling the batteries doesn’t “reset” it to working condition, then that factory reset would be a logical next step.

1 Like

Yeah, I pulled the battery, same thing, im feeling pretty ill to be honest, that was the worst hit ive ever had…

I have had my cold ohms lowered the next day due to the mod sitting for so long but that only ever gives me a weaker vape… Hope you are ok dude that sounds brutal :frowning:

was that with 400F .45 coil 50W?

1 Like

We need some kind of sacrificial vaping machine to test a setup or issue for us

1 Like

OK so not even trying to do it I had this same thing happen today. I was test firing a Lemo tank I had just pulled off of the shelf after about 6 months sitting there. Cleaned it out re-wicked it and filled it with a new juice to try out.

Put the tank on one of my VT133’s and hit tapped fire button to get it to read the ohms. The screen read new coil yes .44 no .41. This puzzled me because on my ohm reader I had just checked it with read .31. I knew something was wrong so I decided to answer new to see what happened. I pressed the fire button while looking at the screen and saw it flash OFF then display 12460F with the temp set to 460F. I heard sizzling but I did not hold the fire button long enough to hurt anything.

The cure… Fix the bad connection in the bottom of the build deck. Now it is vaping just like it always did in the past.

That brings me to this post @SthrnMixer put up in another thread that everyone having issues with TC should go read.

2 Likes

Thats exactly what I had!!!

Thanks for posting this, i thought i was going crazy, I will clean the tank, check the coil and wick and try again.

Awesome, thanks again :smile:

1 Like

@grubby once I was using a Dark Horse RDA. I had a build on it that I knew was reading too high on my ohm meter. Everything was tight, build was good, connection was good. I couldn’t figure out what the problem was. So I took the build off and tested resistance of the atty with no coils installed. I was surprised to see it had a resistance of…well, I can’t really remember now, but it was something like 0.35 ohms. I didn’t see a problem, but went ahead and took the center pin and peek insulator out, cleaned, reassembled. Then it was perfect. I never discovered the problem and have only ever thought perhaps a tiny piece of wire made it’s way into the 510 or whatever. Something was causing a short to ground.

As for @wvsanta issue, I also had a problem with the Lemo 2. Terrible design with that two-piece base section. I did come up with a fix for that if you care to look.

2 Likes

I remember you posting that but all I had to do was tighten both the inner and outer screws and all was good again. Working without issue all day today.

2 Likes

Well I was having a hard time believing what I was seeing. That was the first time I have had a problem like that ever with my DNA mods.

1 Like