Advken OHM EGA

@quitter1 I wonder if the first run had issues aside from the juice fill holes. Here’s an update, and @Pro_Vapes I know you just took delivery of yours so I would love to hear your thoughts.

1. Leaking. I don’t have any leaking out of the air channels. It’s from the bottom where the ring is that you turn for the air intake. I have the same issue with one of my eGo One Mega tanks which has a very similar ring. This is annoying but also if left on the mod too long will allow juice to seep into the 510 connector.
  2. Air ring. When I tighten down the tank it puts pressure on the ring making it nearly impossible to move. I have to loosen it to move the air ring. It wouldn’t be such a big deal if it weren’t for the fact you need to close that air off when refilling. I tried without doing that and did get some leaking from the air intake.

Those two issues are really the only problems I’ve had. I can’t help but think they are related, but that ring doesn’t seem like a serviceable part, so I haven’t gotten into it. I have to admit I’m a good bit disappointed and have shelved this thing for now.

1 Like

I get no leaking at all and for the afc ring I didn’t tighten the top down too tight that it stops the afc ring I picked up on this before I started to use it so I haven’t had any issue at all…i got another coming my other one should be in hand by by Wednesday!!!

Mine only started doing it. Been less than a week since I got it so I’m wondering if because when it was new and everything was bone dry if that somehow is related? I think I’ll give it a thorough cleaning and see. Initially I could hardly get the thing apart and now it’s like as soon as I start to move anything the glass spins, so I know those o-rings are all lubed up with juice. Will report back.

1 Like

I have noticed my airflow ring is locked when I tighten things down as well. I never adjust it unless I am filling so I just loosen the tank slightly and turn it. I actually don’t mind this at all. I did however move back to using my TFV4 more though. It’s less trouble, but I still love my Ohmega. My preference are going to be further realized when my TF-V2’s and Titanium wire arrives. If you figure out how to get the airflow ring off @SthrnMixer let us know. I haven’t bothered tearing mine down since putting it in action.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a big deck!
(That’s what she said…)

2 Likes

I’ve been running the Omega head to head with the Aromamizer and I like the Omega more. This tank has outstanding flavor. I made sure to double check everything on the Aromamizer and installed a fresh wick, so it was hitting on all cylinders. There hasn’t been much chatter about Omega… but It’s tops in my rotation right now with a dual 22g Ti contact coil build. This build works perfectly on my DNA 200s, but it wouldn’t read on the exCube 2.:unamused:

1 Like

it’s in my ad rotation… always on top of my koopor plus but I might move it to the evic mini for a smaller setup… but I can’t get enough of it!!!

1 Like

Do you think it won’t read on the cube because of closed coil? Cubes working fine with the spaced set up. :thinking:

2 Likes

That’s probably the case. Plus I wasn’t lucky enough to get one of the good ones.

2 Likes

Thought that was it. Cheers mate. How you finding those lipo’s? Heard various things about them and I’m torn between the triple 18650 and a liop version of the dna200.
Like the shape of the vt but the idear of the 18650’s

1 Like

I’m not having any problems with them. I’m getting though a 12hr shift on a single charge. That’s about the same as I got with my dual 18650 TCMs. These DNAs run a lot more efficient than my other mods. I run the DNAs on less wattage and temp than the dual 18650s. It all balance out for me.

1 Like

Good to know thanks mate. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Exactly what @Pro_Vapes said re the LiPo. I love the setup, it’s small, hits way harder, and seems to be more efficient. All of my settings are turned down and the temperature regulation is very smooth.

It’s really a night and day difference from anything else. I also believe the LiPo has very low ESR (equivalent series resistance) which should let it hit the sub 0.1 ohm builds without heating the battery as much. Mine has never even been warm.

1 Like

thats great!
i just checked my usual spots to get one and they dont have it…where did you get yours? i got to have that now!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Advken-Ohmega-RTA-Omega-RBA-Unique-design-Huge-Vapor-USA-Seller-/191687516680

2 Likes

@Pro_Vapes, how high do you keep your coils off the deck? My wicks seem super long

so

I turned one coil 90 degrees and ran it between the posts. 20ga Ti, 3.5mm ID, 10 turns spaced came out to 0.146 Ohms. I separated the wick and ran it to all 4 channels. I’m getting huge clouds, but I’m still not digging on the flavor. I was getting more from the Crius. I may have a screw loose though,the resistance has started jumping around.

We all may well suffer from that malady! :slight_smile:

As you may know, I traded off my first Ohmega but a buddy sent me one for a Christmas gift. I figured with all the attention this thing has received I might as well try again.

So I did something different this time. I tried using a thinner gauge wire. I stuck with the 2.5mm ID spaced Titanium, this time rather using 24ga duals as opposed to 22. This is actually working far better for me and I’m running it on the eVic VT 60w so there’s a bit of lag time while the coil heats up from cold, but once I’ve hit it a few seconds I can chain vape the hell out of it and flavor is seriously on point. Unlike my past experience I’m getting no leaking from this one.

Now I realize your question was to PV, but I’ll weigh in. I’m keeping my coil where, when having built the thing and holding it at eye level, the post holes dissect the coil. I’m also using … well I suppose now its the Sushi Roll method … and my wicks are only slightly down the channels with the rest as flush as possible to the deck and covering the channels so that they act as a bit of a stopper, but only in as much as the wick end fibers remain in line with the channels.

This new build/wicking method has given me a fresh appreciation for the Ohmega. It’s still a bit finicky, but a far better enjoyment now as opposed to my first round with it.

1 Like

I’m running the 22g Ti, 10 wraps contact coils 1.0 - 1.2 ohms. Flavor is very good for me. Its wicking good with a lot of vapor. It’s right there with my faves.

1 Like

Yeah, my first build was with 24g, I still dont have 22, but the wicks were kinda long and a little pinched due to my coil size. I’m through my third tank on the new 1-coil build and it still just lacks flavor. I’ve been all through the heat range. I was originally on the 'tardCube as it seems to work better (sometimes) with higher resistances, but the slow pulsing was REALLY noticeable with all of the metal in this 20ga coil so I switched to the IPV3 Li. Ha, and I gave a moments thought to buying the 3 coil TFV4 RBA deck. . .

I broke down and put Japanese cotton in my billow and the new stuff I have doesnt have a taste, so maybe I will try that in this tank. I dont know, it just isnt making flavor for me. I’m going to try one more juice and then ima set this tank down for awhile. I definitely dont have a wicking problem per se as I can fog the room with this sombitch.

1 Like

Oh you know what? I think I just boo booed and confused my tanks. The Ohmega is the one with the shared post holes.

Ok, the build I mentioned is what I’m doing…24g spaced Ti. I’ve tried the contact coils and don’t care for it. I find I’m getting way more flavor with spaced, but then again maybe I was doing something wrong on my contact attempts.

So, the coil height is where I confused this with another tank. And I’m keeping my coils where the top of the coil is about even with the bottom of the post holes. This is a good bit closer to the air intake than what you have pictured here. I’m sure that can make a difference in flavor, but definitely in wicking. Juices has farther to travel and at the same time having longer tails on your wick means there’s more room for them to move around when screwing down your chimney. I think that may have been part of my problem the first time where I was getting leaking. tomorrow I’ll try to post a photo of what I’m doing. I think PV has already posted several of his.

1 Like