After One week mixing

I would love to pick your brain on mixing. You have quite the talent.

3 Likes

Thankyou so much for trying my mix @Joy ā€¦ Bavarian cream at 2% sounds delight. I still havenā€™t recieved my VG and Nic River shipment. Hopefully next week. Had to call FedEx yesterday to find out whatā€™s going on. There are 8 people on the case now lol. I havenā€™t mixed in a month. 4 litres coming as well as more flavours and just went on Amazon an ordered some 30 ml bottles. Iā€™ll hopefully be mixing again next week.

You all are so kind. I try to contribute in my own way here. I am so thankful for this abundance of information. I grabbed onto the recipes by Open Source Vapor that were made public by Anonymiss Here: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/?filter=65031
They are all Medicine Flower and very simple. Perhaps they would be useful to newbies for shake+vape or ideas. I will use them with MF since Iā€™ve got 28 flavors. Boy that was a big expense. If you ask meā€¦ is it worth it to pay $15 or $22 instead of $4 or $6 for an extract, Iā€™d say yes if youā€™ve got it to spend. if you donā€™t have it to invest, then youā€™re not really missing that much and so you are okay. Hope your package comes soon DD69.

3 Likes

@Joy Iā€™m using your method in my Tfv4 Smok tank ā€¦ using separate bottle as base with 3.5 % vanilla swirl and 3.5 MM as baseā€¦ added separete bilberry to tank mmmm! Still a little week on flavoursā€¦ I hate to say it but maybe TPA stevia will boost all ā€¦ either that or will have to boost all flavā€™s to beyond recommended percentagesā€¦ there is a lacking punch to my mixes. I think it might be sweetness.

The Strawberry ripe in previous comment really accentuated the forest mix since ripe is a weak strawberryā€¦ I felt the forest fruit lacked punch as I call it. So the mix isnā€™t perfect but both explode a wee bit better together. IMO. I will still be experimenting with FF. I only have about 30 flaves now so I can only do what I have at hand but man am I obsessed and having fun. Thank you @Joy for ideas and helpā€¦ I ramble on so everyoneā€™s patience is appreciated. I brain storm by talking and my wife hates this. Thank you everyone. And Thankyou everyone here for the guidance

P.S. @Joy how did those older MF flavourā€™s taste?

Ok ā€¦ vanilla swirl and Marshmallow at both 3.5 if I could mention is a fluff creation. No Real extreme flavour but big sweet fluffy cloud. Not long steep maybe 3 weeks. Sorry for boring people but maybe more rookies like myself might learn. I think to add favourite flavour next ā€¦ then as @Joy says 2% Bavarian Cream. Would ice this base. Iā€™m using no pg just VG for cloud. Not a big throat hit guy since I quit smoking only 3 months ago ā€¦ my lungs are still tender and still chunks of black coming up. VG is smoooth

I am pleased and shocked. I must have guessed right. Storing the MF flavors in PG only truly preserved them.
I believe their strength is equal to when you open a new bottle and use them. PG is a flavor carrier as they say. Now I have some of each flavor preserved, and I will use it when I run out of the main bottles.

The study concludes:
I have experienced a very obvious weakening of flavor over time in 30 ml glass dropper bottles that I access quite often. Iā€™ve seen the flavors fade in approx. 4 months.
I see NO weakening of flavor in the MF concentrates that I stored unopened in PG only for 10 months. And those were plastic bottles!

2 Likes

I know exactly what you are talking aboutā€¦ Something missing in a mix.
One suggestion is to use EM ethyl maltol but add it just before you vape. I do it all the time. Itā€™s a sweetener but can cause flavors to fade over time. So I donā€™t add it to my mixes, but I add it to my tank.
Also buy some Vape Wizard. That will help your mixes a lot. Also Toasted Marshmello is great.
When you make a homemade blueberry pie, they say add cinnamon. Homemade apple pie = add lemon juice or orange juice. I often put EM or cotton candy in my tank. I donā€™t put it in my mixes though. Best advice to get a feel is to look at some popular recipes and notice how they have a fruit, a cream and a cake in them. That makes it well rounded. You could get some Vape Wizard. Itā€™s great stuff. The bilberry add a nice concistency to mixes when itā€™s flavor suits. Toasted almond or toasted marshmello are great too.

Thanks @Joy, I just mixed up 8 Super Concentrates from RF todayā€¦ finally received my VG. All single flavours. All at 2%. In 30ml. Actually one of them is Cotton Candy. I guess I can use that to add to my tanks or drippers. I guess RF will work ? Hmm
Going to be mixing this weekend to replenish my favourite mixes like that bilberry vanilla custard mix but going to add more custard and put Bavarian cream at 2% instead of creams I used. I also mixed vanilla ice cream today from RF. maybe add that as well. Happy mixing.