Alien 220 or G-priv 220

Once you’re familiar with eScribe I’d agree with you. When you were first learning it wasn’t a 10 minute task. And you really can spend a lot more time in there if you truly want to customize the experience. Things like messing around to nail your wattage and preheat variables along with configuring your batteries for proper readout aren’t really 10 minute beginner tasks. Yes you can alter several of these on the mod after, but really getting your base profiles down can take a bit of tweaking.

1 Like

Misthub has it for $60.

Learn to vapecrawler? Back to you. :wink:

Off to work.

2 Likes

All true. You can’t do that with the Alien can you?

Learn to vapecrawler? I don’t know…you’ll have to explain what that is. Maybe I do and don’t know it. Or maybe I don’t and want to…or not want to LOL What is it?

I hear DNA this and that all the time… Never decided to pull the trigger on one until possibly now… But now you guys are giving me a complex talking about all this set up in escribe lol… So any tutorials on tweaking the. DNA200?

That was kind of my point. Alien just works when you pull it out of the box with no hassles. DNA are great but they can be perceived as complex and not be for everybody.

http://www.vapecrawler.com

Good place to do some price comparison shopping.

1 Like

Not trying to scare you off from DNA. Just need to be aware what you’re getting into or you might get frustrated. Here’s the eScribe training link.

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/escribe/guide/story_html5.html

1 Like

Plenty of web help and also here on the forums. If you freak out over anything techy maybe avoid the DNA. I always figure if I can get it anyone can. I’m as they say not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Yes, you’re correct sir. And I hope I’ve not come across argumentative. Just a different opinion. Much love brother.

1 Like

I like the H Priv myself.

I work for a software dev company, so no I won’t freak out over the tech stuff lol. But I also don’t want to spend hours and hours adjusting before I can get a good vape from it lol

Hours? No way. At the most when you first get it I could see 1 hour tops - but to set up we’re really talking about just a few minutes. There’s not that much to do. The software comes preloaded with TCR profiles unlike when I got my first one. Had to import them.

So you need to have your TCR profiles and your batteries configured. Minutes.

1 Like

i love my alien 220 i have had zero problems with it

2 Likes

That sounds good I might have to bite the bullet on this one… All of my long time vape friends have a DNA mod and swear by them I’m the only one who hasn’t pulled the trigger on one yet lol

1 Like

If it didn’t die on me because of no fault of my own I did like it. Still might jump on another one though the DNA mod is sounding more appealing at the moment… Just trying to consider if I might be happier with something else so all opinions are very helpful thanks!

1 Like

@JoJo do you have Any Input on this topic? I do value our lovely moderators opinion!! Lol

I agree. I haven’t had a need to buy a mod or tank in months.

1 Like

Apologies if that sounded argumentative. I misread this and thought you meant $80 for the Alien. Sorry for the confusion.

I love my DNAs, too. I actually love the fact that I can use eScribe and tweak everything about the mod. Some people that scares though. Doesn’t sound like @Jayrell is one of them. ;-). Carry on.

2 Likes

i got myself a new Alien, a silver one. agree it’s super sexy and lighter for a dual battery mod (vs the cuboid for example), nicer to hold - but, TC performance is not good. it “pulses” at a slow rate that makes you hate the whole TC experience and you just switch back to direct watts. i tested against the cuboid, Releaux and the VTC mini - annoying since i only vape SS coils :frowning:

i can’t upgrade or change the firmware, as my mod has one of these v B1.0.2 versions (possibly a beta with an updated board) and the current upgrade software doesn’t recognize (known issue in many forums - possibly associated with the new color)

suggest before buying an Alien, to be aware of this issue. if you like Temp Control, do some homework and check the reviews on Alien TC handling and possible firmware upgrade issues. if you want the looks and handling, it’s a brilliant device.

Just a different point of view, I’m TC ing SS fused Clapton 0.178 ohm, rayon wick on my alien right now, and it’s working great for me. 260°c and 80w. Not as experienced as you though I would assume. So may not be able to pick up the details as you would. But I love the alien in all modes.

Hard to beat the form factor for a dual battery mod, love the screen, the button mechanism, solid 510, I love the shape of it in my hand, unforunately the menu system is clunky and for me needs to be on the other side. would have liked some air channels too on the face of the connection, but I just screw out the RDA a little bit of a turn.

Nitpicking love to see more mods with upgrade/charge port on the inside, paint chips (no biggy though for me), i don’t like the way the logo and model is printed on it, from a design point of view definitely could have been done better. The screws also are SS and would rather had black ones for the black mod.

I have not used g-priv so have no feedback for you in comparison. Alien is a more than solid unit & I think good value. Enjoy whatever you get.

2 Likes

100% with you on these… don’t get me wrong, it’s the mod i enjoy best to hold among the ones i have / had.

on TC performance, i think the firmware has a lot to do with that. what version firmware is your Alien? from what i searched, those who had the v1.2.1 said they’re happy with TC, but not the (latest available now) v1.2.2 and not the ones (like me) who have the v"B" 1.0.x versions (beta releases?)

quick note: someone found out that the original ISP firmware tool (from NuMicro) can recognize the B version mods, but i’m afraid to use it and brick my mod, so will just wait for SMOK to release an update that hopefully address these issues people reported

Did you take the batteries out then connect to pc?
I did read somewhere that holding down the fire key while the firmware d/l was another thing to try.
Did you try to go into download mode from the settings?