Alien 220 or Predator

I like the trigger mod and my AL85 runs circles around my Kanger TC 120s
I’ve read good about both the predator and alien 220. I’m using single and double rda with 28ga SS for TC mode. The Baby Alien seems more forgiving of my coil builds that just blink the ohms setting 3 times 999 on the Kanger too. No clue on why that is.
What’s your choice and why?
Which is most durable in your experience, Predator or Alien 220?

3 Likes

I’m one who loves my alien even though I have already fried 2 of them. I had a tank from the UK that leaked like crazy from the 510 that fried 2 mods. I still have 2 alien mods I use daily.

I have a predator that I used for a week or so and it ended up in my vapocolypse box. It started firing when I wasn’t touching the mod. I’ve also read and seen videos on how terrible the 510 is.

I’d go with the alien. I have 2 aliens and 2 alien 85s that I use daily and have for months and haven’t had any problems. There’s a new alien pro mod I think it’s called. It’s like the updated version of the Alien. It looks a little different as well. I don’t own one but have thought about picking one up.

5 Likes

i have 3 aliens well had i dropped one last week , they have been great for me , no paint probs no issues to think of , id buy them again but my next mods will be smoant battlestar and the charon that @mjag just did a review on the battlestar is in the alien price range

6 Likes

I got unlucky with my Alien, the paint chipped only a few days in and the fire bar got worse and worse the more I used it. I am sure I got the one that was made on a Friday right after a 3 drink lunch as that is not the norm. Based on that experience I never ordered another one.

I was pretty happy with the Predator when I first got it until a lot of people’s 510 started falling out including a friend of mine. I actually tried to rip out the 510 on my Predator with no success and it still works fine to this day but it seems I am one of the lucky ones.

I recently did a review on the Smoant Charon and took it apart to see how well it is made: Smoant Charon TC 218 Mod Review by Mjag I was pretty impressed and all in all feel it is a superior mod over the Alien and Predator. I have had a Copper Smoant Battlestar since it first came out and it still looks like new even though I used it everyday for awhile. I have since bought 3 more Battlestars and there all excellent values and can be picked up for $35 or under during sales, great bargain for a great mod. None of my Battlestars have had the paint chip and it is a mod I take on the road with me a lot due to the size. the last one I got is the Digital Camo which has a satin feel to it, I love that color the most.

9 Likes

Based on what I’ve read, I’d go Alien…or maybe something different altogether.

I love my Alien, despite it being an early one with paint issues. It’s had extensive daily use since last November and is still going strong.

Is there any reason you are considering just those two, or are you open to other suggestions?

7 Likes

both predator and alien 220 had problems in the past… though al85 as far i know is using the same chipset with alien 220… in the last months i personally know 1 case that al85 screen died and 4 cases alien 220 that went completely bricked or screen died (probably there was a large batch from smok that didn’t produced as they should…) while predator as far i know has some issues too with the 510thread mostly… so it’s kinda hard to honestly suggest you one… i am a type of person that if something seems going wrong i just don’t choose it… probably it’s because here i live that kind of devices are kinda expensive here (usually double price than fasttech or gearbest or most known sites) so i wouldn’t give like 70 or 80 euros for one one of them while there are known issues atm…

personally i have found great battery life on those
Vaporesso Revenger (220W)
Vaporesso Tarot Pro (160W)

as @mjag suggested i haven’t found any problems with Smoant Charon at alll… while Smoant Battlestar works wonders too… all the feedback i have from some friends and the internet for those two is that it’s about for 2 very good devices…

in general there are many great choices out there… :slight_smile: i am sure you could find some other devices that work very well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This ^

over both the Alien and the Predator, I’ve had both, the Alien lasted longer but they are both very dead, The predator lasted 2 weeks…avoid that one if I were you.

5 Likes

Yes the revenger is great! I got one when they were running them for $40 on ecig.com. I do wish it had the fire bar like the Alien though :roll_eyes: it’s a great mod though and super quick to fire!

5 Likes

I had the Predator it lasted 4 days before I had problems with it and exchanged it for the Vaporesso Revenger which I really like

2 Likes

Mine lasted 4 days!

3 Likes

Is just the trigger bar amd fast heat with rapid cycling in tc mode. I’m open to better ones of course!

1 Like

indeed! I’m looking into those that compare in price.

2 Likes

seriously my purpose isn’t to discourage you from buying one or the other… thing is that there is a big variety of good mods out there in affordable prices, i am sure you can find one that you like…

if you really like the alien220 so much in terms of design etc… i would suggest you make a search in general for eLeaf iKonn 220W… Tbh they look almost the same, i have never used it and i don’t know someone owning it… though i haven’t found any issues about it… if someone knows anything more about it i will feel also happy to learn about it :slight_smile:

gl and hf :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you sincerely for the encouragement. I can live without the trigger bar as I use both my kangers everyday with legacy coils in mtl mode.
I really want reliability and performance over wattage or odd features that may be added just to induce a purchase. I’m open to anything that’s under $45. I do shop Eight Vape mostly because of prices and service. I don’t really enjoy using Google-fu to to hunt down deals.

2 Likes

I will 3rd the Revenger recommendation by @Steampugs and @juice_junkie_lover , solid mod for sure, a fingerprint magnet though, one of the only real cons if your OCD about that stuff.

4 Likes

it’s the TC that failed

2 Likes

My tuppance is the alien good mod however the paint on mine is shocking you’ll know that from the al85 mine looks about 5 years old and it’s only a couple of months or try something completely different the teslacoil steampunk for example…

3 Likes

Well I jinxed my AL85! I’m pretty sure the leaky tank problems gummed up the switches and the like. Less than 30 days old and it’s toast. Hope I can get a refund! Oy vey, now It’s neither mod! I need one that’s not going to die when a tank leaks.
Im going to look for something else. Ideas on water
proof mods?

1 Like

Depends what tank your using never use the tanks that come shipped with mods because in the past I’ve had leaking problems running a kylin on my alien an fingers crossed everything seems to be alright as for waterproof mods there’s one at the top of my head I’ll give a quick search an find it

2 Likes

Geek vape aegis maybe instead but personally I still reckon the alien with a decent tank that’s not prime to leakage

2 Likes