Alien 220 or Predator

google turned that one up (Aegis) from China for $43. Thanks
I guess I need a mod just for using my tanks with my own coils and wicks and not risk my good mods.

1 Like

I love my Alien but am looking at the Smok Gpriv 2

3 Likes

that would resolve any leaky tank issues but concerns me about being dropped. It looks sharp though!

2 Likes

My Smok AL85 is a brick now! Eight Vape blew me off and I’m done with them.
With a 1000 mods on the market I’m at a loss on who I’d pick. I just want great temp control with stainless coils and durability. I don’t need mega wattage either.
Guess I’ll troll the web looking for good deals on good mods, not Smok!

1 Like

Seems like your mind is made up on the predator lol it’s a good mod not sure what the tc is like thou never use tc

2 Likes

Alien failed after 3 weeks of use. Too many users are reporting issues with it. Bought 2 Predators that run in the family. They have handled any tank I threw at it with a variety of coil types. Its a great product.

2 Likes

What did u get in the end @craigtalley?

1 Like

The Predator works fine with every tank or rda I have put on it.
TC is a pleasure and batteries last me a long time.
So plus one for the Predator.

2 Likes

I have both the Alien and the Predator. I use both every day. The Predator allows for a bit bigger tank without overhang. The Predator has a power lock to keep from accidentally changing the power. The Alien has shortcut keys to power off and on. The Alien has shortcut keys to switch modes (Watts, TC & Memory). The Alien has Soft, Medium & Hard vape settings that quickly adjust the vape without changing the watts. The Predator allows you to add a custom logo to the screen. The Alien has a bigger screen with more visible information. The power up and down buttons are right inside the screen on the Alien. This causes more wear and tear (scratches) to the screen. I’ve used both mods a lot. I must admit that while I’m vaping I really don’t notice a difference in performance. If I take a tank off of the Alien and put it on the Predator adjust to the same wattage and vape, there’s no difference at all. The Alien feels a bit more solid but I don’t know that it really is.They’re both about the same size and weight and feel the same in the hand. They both have performed well for me. They both have built in battery chargers (not recommended to use). If they’re both dead and I plug both in at the same time, the Alien will fully charge first although it supposedly has the inferior charger. The Alien mod is usually about $5 more than the Predator. That’s fair. I think it’s just slightly better. They’re both OK for around $40 (US).

2 Likes

You do know that eLeaf, Joyetech & Wismec are all the same company? So the same company has tried twice to imitate the Alien. The iKonn is even a more blatant imitation than the Predator. That’s gotta tell you something. I don’t know what, but something.

1 Like

nothing really other then damn smok really hit it out off the park with the alien( eleaf view). Just like every company probably whishes they released the pico

1 Like

I was a bit daunted at all the buttons and settings on my Alien and I still haven’t worked them all out but I’m very satisfied with it so far. Just remember to lock the blessed thing when you pop it in your bag, otherwise your coil get toasted and your tongue gets fried :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well the verdict is in. My Alien is 7 months old and still going strong. My predator is 5 months old and is dead. Most tanks I put on it will say atomizer short. The couple that do work read resistance that is 50 percent higher than the actual ohms in the coil. For me the winner by knockout is Alien. I won’t ever buy anything from the Joyetech eLeaf Wismec group again.

1 Like

If it’s between the alien or predator, I’d hands down go with the alien purely based on the handful of problems u might run into with a predator. If you’re open to other mods, I’d have to agree with @mjag the battlestar is a great value for a solid little device. VERY similar to the wismec reuleaux 2/3 minus the issues that device can have (bad solders that come loose). In fact, it’s almost a carbon copy with a different OLED screen. The battery door is waaay better and again u can’t beat the price. Highly recommended! So my vote is alien, or battlestar if you’re open to a suggestion👍🏻

1 Like

I like!

2 Likes

aspire speeder is an other option

official site

Aspire has in my book always been great quality

Just given up on trying to get help out of Wismec about my predator 228. I bought it from Gearbest and started having SS temperature mode problems straight away. When I tried contacting Gearbest about it they answered, “not us gov talk to Wismec”. After three emails managed to get a very negative reply, so gave up and just used in wattage mode. Then started to get “atomizer short” message when the atomizer worked perfectly on other mods. Tried all the fixes suggest on a number of forums apart from a complete strip down and re soldering the 510 which is a bit to much for me. Three more emails and two Wismec forum posts later I have been told they have no fix but have continually up date the mod ( not much good if you have one of the earlier faulty batch). Suggested I go back to supplier, not much good on account it is now well over three months old and Gearbest have no Interest in customer service anyway.

The Predator was my first and last purchase of a Wismec product. However, and I’m probably just being overly sensitive due to a recent protest in my town, that acronym struck a nerve and thought it could have been left out of your statement. It could be just me, maybe another set of eyes will not see it as I do, @daath .

I saw this thread and have nothing to contribute but I couldn’t resist…

2 Likes

I recently started vaping and started with the smok stick v8, battery gets really hot, really fast, but I like the tank. I have since bought an alien 220 and a kangertech klone. Like both a lot, but, the alien throws a lot of low ohms errors. Goes through coils everyday it seems. Maybe I just got a bad batch of coils. Any way, I do like the alien 220 a lot…