All my flavours taste muted

i would also check the hardware setup too, especially your coils.
do you change to a fresh coil head (or you dry-burn, clean and re-wick your coils if you’re using rebuildable) when you change juice?

the megamelon recipe is strong and it can stick to the coil cotton and mute everything else. what i do is set up a different tank for “similar juices” - for example, in one tank, i’ll use strawberry-based juices, another for melon-based, another for minty …and so on. this way, the flavors don’t shift that much if i’m too lazy to re-wick (i only use RTAs/RDTA’s)

also have a tank with a strong icy flavor to “wash-away” between flavors. it helps bring back my taste buds

hope you get your flavors back - cheers,
TVS

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply! I have tried upping and lowering percentages, however, the flavour doesn’t feel like it’s changing! I’m quite careful when it comes adding more flavouring, as I have muted flavours before by adding too much. I’ve added a few more drops of strawberry to a strawberry fog recipe I found on here (which tasted horrible to me), I’ll let it steep and see how it goes!

Is it possible that I’ve vaped strawberry too much that I can’t taste it anymore?? Hopefully that isn’t the case, but my friends have trouble tasting the strawberry too! The strawberry is TPA strawberry ripe, I have normal TPA strawberry too.

I thought my concentrates were off! No they’re not from leisure liquids, I bought mine from rainbow vapes. Strangely, my recipes started tasting bad when I made my order off theecigshop.com. I tasted a drop of dragonfruit from theecigshop and a drop of dragonfruit from vapable, the one from theecigshop tasted different and bitter as anything, whilst the one from vapable tasted normal. Is there a chance my concentrates can be off?

I mix both strawberry ripe and strawberry to compensate for the weakness of strawberry ripe, I also added in some sucrolose. This was for the unicorn milk recipe. Can you recommend any strong strawberry concentrates?

I know others have said it, but Strawberry Ripe is notorious for being a difficult flavor by itself. Try adding another strawberry to it and see if that improves it. I like using either Inawera’s strawberry Shisha or Flavorah’s Strawberry. I use Cap’s Sweet Strawberry sometimes too. Here’s a thread on the many woes of the strawberry vaper. :wink:

I like to think it is vapours tongue, however I don’t think I have vaped that much of one flavour to get it!! Also I taste pineapple and melon flavours nicely, so I’m not sure if that rules out vapours tongue…

I use an avocado 24mm with a dual Clapton for when I’m out and about and a mini freakshow when I taste flavours. I rewick every 1-2 days.

What I don’t understand about strawberry ripe is, why is everyone enjoying it and I’m not😟My friends find it difficult to taste the strawberry too, could it be the concentrate itself? Thank you for the link!

Yeah I’d say it’s possible for sure. Strawberry is usually not a strong flavor to begin with so I could see it being pretty easy for your tongue to get used to it and not recognize it anymore. Honestly, I get vaper’s tongue with just about any flavor that I vape more than a tank or two. I just try to switch to something different (like cheesecake or ice cream instead of fruit) for another tank or two and then when I go back to it the flavor is usually there again.

have to agree here… that’s exactly what i’m doing now as we speak… enjoying a SB Cheesecake (it’s really a simple recipe of SB Ripe and CC), but if i vape it too long, like for few minutes, i would only get the cheese :slight_smile: - so i got some strong icy mango + pineapple to break the chain … then back,

strange you mentioned your SB concentrates are different - you may need to check that further, also check your mix tools - i had a situation recently where my measurements were off, and i was using 75% more of the flavor concentrates, which had a reverse effect … yucky one.
cheers,

also one note, i stopped using my RDA for batch testing. i had a good Velocity clone for that - then i found the flavor tastes much stronger when it’s in the final tank. the RDA (though dual clapton) doesn’t have the chance to soak in the juice like an RTA does when the wick is always getting fed

1 Like

Thank you for all the help people!! I know taste is subjective, but I am yet to find a recipe which is “in your face” like premium liquids. Is there any trick behind it? Mostly all my concentrates are TPA.
Lastly, there’s 1 thing I can’t get my head around. When I first started vaping on box mods (my first was a smok m80 and smok vct tank) I used to buy diy eliquids off a guy I met at a vapour shop. His liquids tasted better than premium liquids!! He measured by drops and sometimes measured by mls. Everything he made tasted strong and on point, even with concentrates he’d never tried before. The concentrates he used were chefs vapour- his most common, cupcake world (he wasn’t a fan of cupcake world) and gold standard. Unfortunately, I can not get hold of him anymore. Does anyone know his trick?

1 Like

I’ll definetly give it a go. Fortunately, I do notice that I can taste flavours when I first fill my avocado up, however, by the end of it, it gets difficult!

1 Like

it’s so interesting to compare your taste to a vaping buddy. my v buddy finds all my favorites juices muted (i like Kilo Kiberry Yogurt and Dewberry Cream) and he buys 5 or 6 Mega Melons and vapes that all the time - i can’t vape it or i end up feeling like peppery tongue and heart burn.

maybe try that one. it;s a very “in your face” one - the recipe is here on ELR and it’s really an easy one, all TPAs (Mango + Papaya + Cantaloupe) at 5 or 6% each - and doesn’t take much steeping since all fruits

i may invest into buying a rebuildable deck for my uwell crown that’s been unused for months, see if the flavour is any different!
The mega melons recipe is DELICIOUS, one of my favourite!

That could be part of the problem. TPA is much less concentrated than others like FA and Inawera. Have you tried other brands of the same flavors that you enjoy? FA Red Touch (strawberry) changed my whole strawberry game when I tried it. I swapped it out in a recipe that I had originally used CAP sweet strawberry in. The original was 2% CAP SSB and I just replaced it with FA Red Touch at 2%. The difference was night and day.

Oh Gosh, I got that a lot when I started vaping.

It’s not fair but vape mouth can hit you at any time. I’ve had it 6 or 7 times. I think you have vape mouth. That Unicorn Milk Recipe is delicious. I just made 240 mg of it…take it from me (The Strawberry Head) too much strawberry will do that, especially if you are mixing with 2-3 different kind of Strawberries. It is very acidic.

It’s times like these when you need to mix it up a bit and throw some flavors at your taste buds they aren’t used to sensing. Try some Gingerbread, Fuji Apple, Cinnamon or Chai. You may need to knock some sense into your taste buds.

OK. so that tells a lot about your flavor preference. i don’t think light creams and strawberries will impress you. i suggest you stay close to tropical fruits with strong flavors like MegaMelon and its variants. there are great ones to enjoy and you can customize the flavor as you need. for example, i mixed the MegaMelon for my buddy increasing the cantaloupe by 2%, so it was 6, 6, 8 … or you can try substituting with another fruit you like - say Kiwi. beside the great suggestions here from the folks :slight_smile:

Flavor tank, i won’t go for the Crown RBA. it’s so “restricted” - it’s a great tank, but IMHO, it’s not for flavor - more of a general purpose, and high quality finishing- if it’s an invest, go for something like the TF-RDTA or the Aromamizer Supreme or something similar to these. so it’s a move up from the Avocado

cheers,
TVS

I’ve looked into flavour art liquids, are they worth the money? I’m seeing them for £3.20 for 10ml minimum, that’s double how much I’m paying for TPA. Regardless, I’m going to buy the FA red touch and see how I do.

1 Like