Amoretti Flavorings

Hello All. Here are the notes located in my flavor stash on the Natural French Vanilla (Organic Compliant) concentrate. These are only my opinions on the flavor. If you have similar or different experiences, please let me know.

Thank you kindly

Natural French Vanilla (Amoretti)

“French Vanilla: The name refers not to a vanilla variety but to the classic French way of making ice cream
using an egg-custard base.Craig Nielsen, CEO of Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, said the eggs give French
vanilla a “richer, deeper note” than what’s found in plain vanilla.”

★★★ Mixing %'s similar to CAP, FW, & TFA ★★★

----Water Soluble | Organic Compliant----
https://amoretti.com/products/organic-compliant-natural-french-vanilla-extract-ws?
variant=37337546695

8/30/2017
Single Flavor Test 5%
70/30 | 0 Nic

► Initial observations
• Very Thick Concentrate - Molasses / Pancake Syrup in thickness & Dark in Color
• Aroma: Very Overpowering Cheese / Sour Cheese Milk Upfront with a Hint of Vanilla & Cream (shaking concentrate intensifies cheesy aroma)

• Knuckle: Creamy Sweet Swiss / Brie Cheese with Vanilla | Moderately Sweet

9/17/2017 - (2.4 Week Steep :heavy_check_mark:)

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Lighter Cheese / Egg Notes • Creamy Egg’ish / Cheese Vanilla
• A Lighter Vanilla flavor with mild Egg’ish notes • Creamy
• Moderately dense mouth feel

► Notes
• Not tart | astringent or floral | Reminds me of a Vanilla Custard
• 2 week steep time (min)

9/27/2017 - (4 Week Steep :heavy_check_mark:) FINAL
Wasp Nano | 316L SS Fused Clapton | Org. Jap Cotton | 40W

► Smell / Taste / Feel

• Tester Bottle Aroma: Noticeable ↓ in Intensity of Egg Aroma / Cheese | Overall Pleasant French Vanilla Aroma! | Med. Aroma Intensity

• Knuckle: Sweeter & Creamier Dairy Flavor with light Vanilla/Egg Note

• Vape: ★Overall Pleasant★ Milky Smooth Cream / Custard Flavor | Eggy-ness = Lighter with hint of Vanilla | Mod. Flavor Intensity
--------- Full, Rounded & Heavy Mouth Feel

► Notes
• Faint Hint of Cheese & Tart /Dry note (not off putting & barely noticeable)
• Very Noticeable Amber Golden Color to Cotton = Added Sweetener?
• Flavor Has Developed Substantially = ★4 Week Steep Time (Min) | May develop furtherafter 4 weeks +

► Usage: 1.5 - 2.5% min | 3.5 - 5% med | 6 - 7% max
Mix: 3.5 - 4%

■ Sub:

2 Likes

I e used it to make e juice recipes only sweet corn water soluble though

i will replay to you directly.

1 Like

I somehow missed this thread when it was active. Recently I found that a juice I’ve worked to try and clone is using Amoretti flavors so I went to the website and loaded 4 flavors. $114 - and I just ain’t feelin it. Anyone know where to get smaller bottles of these extracts? I wouldn’t mind spending the money if I knew for sure that the flavors are what I’m after, but I don’t want to buy 2 oz of any flavor just to learn if I like it.

2 Likes

If you PM the Amoretti gent here, I’m sure he’ll hook you up with some test samples. He was super friendly, and very kind in providing me with some awhile back.

I would exercise due diligence, and caution though. I had experienced multiple “issues” even acquiring the samples that were so kindly, and willingly provided gratis. A couple of times.

All in all, it took three separate shipments to get the correct flavors, and more than a handful of PM exchanges to get the necessary info understood (both on my part, and his).

Some had separation (one was oil based as I recall), another had crystals at the bottom, and basically, between the frustration of trying to get the correct and suitable product for the application from the Amoretti team member who’s supposed to be the expert in these flavors (and is assumingly assigned to represent the company to vapers)… Well, I’ll simply say that I wasn’t instilled with enough confidence to ever risk repeating the process. ESPECIALLY at their prices. YMMV.

He bent over backwards (in trying to help, and that was impressive. And shipping and processing was always fast. But I still had a unmistakable, and undeniable level of unease after the whole thing was said and done. And that’s something I couldn’t ignore.

I wish you the best of luck though (and anyone else who decides to try them), should you decide to give them a go.

7 Likes

I’m assuming this is where we’ll dump our SF test results ?? If so, setting this up now in prep.

Sweet Corn (Amoretti) 10% (2-5-19) – I was anxious to try this one, having only one good corn in my arsenal. Smelled quite “kernely” in the bottle, and the initial vape continued that, wherein you could almost taste the kernel, not the Freetos effect. This one however was a bit harsh, and almost salty. Not sweet at all that I could tell. I continued vaping just to make sure I got it right, and then the somewhat salty harshness did the rest of the tester in. It does have some very good corn kernel taste(s), but there is little to no sweetness, and the salty-ish harshness leaves me wondering where, if at all, it could be used, at least for vaping. Other uses might be better. 2/10.

Marshmallow (Amoretti) 10% (2-5-19) – Although this smelled out of this world in the bottle, it was obviously TOO thick to be used as a vaping flavor. Heating it up thinned it just a bit, but with the remaining thickness, and grainy nature, this was better suited for cooking or beverages. Amoretti was kind enough to offer a Toasted Marshmallow as a replacement. No rating given.

Maraschino “Bing” Cherry (Amoretti) 8% (2-5-19) – This flavor was completely white, and opaque when shaken. Was unsure whether or not to proceed, but continued testing anyway. Out of the bottle, smelled like one of the best Cherries I have smelled. After 2 week steeping however, the bloom came off the rose. The 8% was a tad milky/cloudy in the bottle, and the great cherry was there, but it was tempered by a fairly dry, acrid-ness, that did not present well. This one did not appear to be too heavy @ 8%, cloying, or medicinal, but my recommendation would be NOT for vaping. 1/10. Really good mixer for drinks though !!!

Toasted Coconut (Amoretti) 10% (2-5-19) –

Natural Graham Cracker (Amoretti) 10% (2-5-19) – First tester on deck with almost 2 weeks steep. At first I kept getting a somewhat heavy coconut off of this one, which subsided while vaping. At 10% was nicely full, rich, somewhat sweet, with a nice lower end. It was in the park for a GC, but didn’t scream it, much like TFA’s GCC. Actually it might be MORE of a GC than TFA’s GCC. Had a very slight salt undertone, but in no way was it overpowering, or off putting. Not as sharp as CAP’s GC, but not as subdued as TFA’s, sat right in the middle of the two. The coconut continued to peek out from time to time, but not consistently. As far as a natural GC goes, it sits on the high side of the middle @ 6.5/10.

5 Likes

:+1: I was thinking earlier @Sprkslfly will prob want to do the natural water soluble as (Amoretti)(Natural)(Water Soluble) since i noticed they sometimes have Natural, unnatural? water soluble and oil solubles

5 Likes

Honestly… (and while I very much appreciate the thought) there’s almost as many identifiers and subgroups with Amoretti as there are with NF. chuckles

Given that, I think the easiest way to to go with these are to just use the following:

Flavor Name (extract, or natural, etc) ID Number (Amoretti)

Personally, even the “extract” etc could be skipped, as there shouldn’t be a way to confuse the numbers. But I’m sure someone out there will prefer to know (at a glance) if it’s an extract etc. /shrugs

There are several examples already though (back before I got massively in depth with the flavor situation) should one look up Amoretti.

8 Likes

This statement is on point , i could see this company and thwir customers get things confused , maybe it will be us here on ELR that gets them moving in the right direction

6 Likes

Ok mixed up my testers and thankfully i checked the ingredients 2 were PG based , 2 were VG based and 1 was Alcohol based…be careful to check so when entering you can change your base preferences

8 Likes

Bahh, got cut off…http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/285194 and ill be reporting some mistakes in dup checker, sry bud.

6 Likes

Wowzer that one helluva long title for a flavor lol , cant we just put Blueberry Natural #1262 (Amoretti) ?? The ones we use should all be WS and as farvas the carrier we set those in the description part

6 Likes

Is too long so i dropped the i.d. number. The number is an awesome idea but recalling searching thru the flavor list when i didn’t actually have the flavor and an i.d number would do nothing for me while a description would be better. Whatever the syntax ends up being is fine w/ me. I failed at trying to being helpful. had hell of a time at 6am trying to enter just 2 and ended up w/ 4 or 5 mistakes. I was fighting w/ that auto correct after i entered one w/o capitalizing but i made sure i got that shit right to make ya happy @fidalgo_vapes :laughing:

5 Likes

Your the greatest!!! lmao that drove me nuts last night , i tried and tried to enter the key lime another way …

5 Likes

Natural Graham Cracker (Amoretti) 10% (2-5-19) – First tester on deck with almost 2 weeks steep. At first I kept getting a somewhat heavy coconut off of this one, which subsided while vaping. At 10% was nicely full, rich, somewhat sweet, with a nice lower end. It was in the park for a GC, but didn’t scream it, much like TFA’s GCC. Actually it might be MORE of a GC than TFA’s GCC. Had a very slight salt undertone, but in no way was it overpowering, or off putting. Not as sharp as CAP’s GC, but not as subdued as TFA’s, sat right in the middle of the two. The coconut continued to peek out from time to time, but not consistently. As far as a natural GC goes, it sits on the high side of the middle @ 6.5/10.

12 Likes

Ty … Did you make any lower percntage testers??

5 Likes

I was wondering as well!

6 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes, @Plunderdrum the first round was all done @ 10%, with the exception of the Mara Cherry @ 8%. After this round I may re-test lower depending on what they seem like. @ 10% the GC was not cloying or overpowering IMO.

7 Likes

Maraschino “Bing” Cherry (Amoretti) 8% (2-5-19) – This flavor was completely white, and opaque when shaken. Was unsure whether or not to proceed, but continued testing anyway. Out of the bottle, smelled like one of the best Cherries I have smelled. After 2 week steeping however, the bloom came off the rose. The 8% was a tad milky/cloudy in the bottle, and the great cherry was there, but it was tempered by a fairly dry, acrid-ness, that did not present well. This one did not appear to be too heavy @ 8%, cloying, or medicinal, but my recommendation would be NOT for vaping. 1/10. Really good mixer for drinks though !!!

10 Likes

Sweet Corn (Amoretti) 10% (2-5-19) – I was anxious to try this one, having only one good corn in my arsenal. Smelled quite “kernely” in the bottle, and the initial vape continued that, wherein you could almost taste the kernel, not the Freetos effect. This one however was a bit harsh, and almost salty. Not sweet at all that I could tell. I continued vaping just to make sure I got it right, and then the somewhat salty harshness did the rest of the tester in. It does have some very good corn kernel taste(s), but there is little to no sweetness, and the salty-ish harshness leaves me wondering where, if at all, it could be used, at least for vaping. Other uses might be better. 2/10.

7 Likes