Amoretti Flavorings

I agree…fast shipping, nice large 2 Oz bottles, great opportunity!

1 Like

I used the guava and it is super good guava taste. It is a natural taste.

I received mine today and simply tasted them from the bottle, ill mix them later.

These are my thoughts on a finger taste test.

Natural Birthday Cake
Ever had 7-Up cake? My granny used to make it for me all the time and i loved it! Nice lemon/citrus notes (both taste and smell) in a yellow cake with sugar glaze drizzle. I find this to be the cake flavor that i have been looking for since i started mixing. I just want to vape it straight.

Natural Watermelon
For years i have not liked watermelon, i dont know why but i hated it. Recently the wife bought one and i realized that i had just been being stupid, nothing new there. This is a fantastic and realistic watermelon, sweet/juicy with just a dash of the white part of the rind. Tastes just like the watermelon i had a few weeks ago. Very pleasant.

Sweet Potato
So im sure you are thinking, “Seriously d00d?”. Yep, and its pretty damn good on first tasting. As @Amy2 mentioned, creamy, sweet, with earthy notes that arent overpowering. This is exactly what i wanted and have some plans for this, sweet potato pie, sweet potato with butter and cinnamon/sugar and of course a sweet potato custard.

As i havent vaped them yet i wont assign any ratings to them but on first impression they are very good, Ill get them into some VG a little later night.

Thank you Amoretti for sending these to us and if you should feel the need dont hesitate to send some of the others, hehe. Im kidding of course, i know they are expensive and appreciate you sending these. :smile:

5 Likes

Thank you for nailing that 7-up cake for me…I couldn’t figure out, then you said that! Thats it!

2 Likes

Glad i could be helpful. :slight_smile:

Getting everything ready to drop it in some VG, i cant wait to vape it!

I finger tasted the Orange Blossom I just got, earlier, it is delicious. Light hint of orangey sweetness with a flowery air to it… Quite nice, but doesn’t seem overpowering… I would still start low with it to be safe though, as the recommended % on bottle says 1% for food, and .01% for beverage…

1 Like

I’ve been following this thread and viewing their website. I was really hoping these would compete with MF since they say these are extracts…

Highly concentrated extractions and essential oils
Flavor chocolate, cheesecake, mousse, cake batter, ice cream, gelato and etc
Cold pressed and virtually alcohol free
Kosher
Bake-proof and freeze-thaw-stable

From the usage% and the notes they don’t sound any different than most vendors.

1 Like

you’re probably right, but it does offer us some more variety. i just hope something can be done about the prices. they are pretty high!

1 Like

Yesterday i mixed up 20ml Natural BDay Cake @ 8% for a tester. After mixing i brought it up to 100*F for 1 minute just to shake it up a bit, I did the same with Sweet Potato and Natural Watermelon but havent vape tested them yet. I shook them well and let them sit overnight on the curing shelf. I wanted to let them sit for a week but i had to taste test NBC one more time for the reason mentioned above.

As i said this is a nearly spot on 7-UP cake, not so much a traditional plain yellow cake mix. The citrus notes from 7-Up are there as are the nice cake notes and the sweet powdered sugar glaze. If you think of this as a 7-UP cake and not a Bday cake it is fantastic. Even the moistosity (yeah i made it up) of my favorite cake ever made is there.

I did not vape a lot of it, just a couple ml, but i am quite happy with it. Not sure exactly how i will proceed with it, i was thinking of adding just a bit of Sweetened Condensed Milk (RF) and perhaps some type of butter. Oddly custard never entered my mind, i think i may have had a stroke or something…

A quick finger test of Sweet Potato makes me think 8% may be just a bit high for my taste, the flavor really lingers on the tongue. I think ill give it a quick vape test tomorrow.

EDIT TO ADD: In case you dont know wtf i mean by 7-UP cake here is a link with a pic, this is nearly identical to my grannys recipe.

7-UP Cake

1 Like

I will have to revisit the birthday cake with the 7-UP cake in mind…when I tried it I got a strange resemblance to the sweet potato in the end of the cream, but on initial inhale I did feel like it was a lemon- lime confectioners sugary bakery but wasn’t exactly sure of what to reference it too, this just may of saved this flavor for me as I have been scratching my head what to use it as. I have a lemon icing cake I would love to revamp since evil FW did that dirty trick with the corn syrup…I may have some work ahead of me with balancing the profiles but a big thank you to you Ken as I hate to waste flavors !!!

1 Like

Hopefully some of the notes will help you out. I am now angry with myself, as soon as i finished typing that all out i had to go grab the bottle and start vaping it again. Im going to mix another 30ml and see if i can let it sit because this 20ml wont last the next few hours, hehe.

If you end up not liking it i am sure i can find something to trade you tho i hope you find use for it. I would like to try some more of their flavorings but i spent Aprils vudget in March, lol.

1 Like

Recipe test #1

7-UP Cake (Natural Birthday Cake - Amoretti)

Ingredient %
Natural birthday cake (Amoretti) 8
Sweetened Condensed Milk (Real Flavors) 1

Flavor total: 9%

I already have some other thoughts on where to go with this flavoring, but i could vape it as is and i probably will. It is already quite a complex flavoring.

3 Likes

I am glad more ppl are trying them. I didn’t get birthday cake from it sure happy your grandma made 7-up cake because I would still be lost as to what flavor that is I’m getting when I vape it.

I will remake it but I think I’ll add something else to it as well and see how it performs excited ! But first I must go to work tonight eh only an 8 hour shift d’oh !

Btw hilarious who is nick naming us it’s adorable !!!

1 Like

If it were me i would rename it to something close to 7-UP cake, i agree that bday cake isnt the best name for it.

Hope your shift goes smooth!

As to who is renaming us:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I talked to terence earlier today via email. Really looking forward to testing the samples they’re sending!

2 Likes

This is not a criticism just an observation from my own mixing with Vg for the past 4 years.

I mix Max Vg/Ag and I personally have never found a flavour that is really a shake and vape using this base, Many flavours take at least a week to blend some upto 6 weeks for me.

I know everybody tastebuds are different and you can probably judge a flavour after 24 hours. But it would give me and maybe others a more accurate idea if you re-tested it say after 10-14 day steep to see if the flavour has improved over that time, compared to the shake and vape?.

Obviously you are giving your own time up for the mixing and supply the reviews, but I certainly would be interested to see how these flavours develop over a longer period of steeping if possible.

4 Likes

I mixed one on the 3-20-16… I’m hoping for success, because it is a really, really good cake.

WIP

7Up Cake

Ingredient%
Cream Cheese Icing (LA)1.5
Lemon (MF)0.6
Lemon Sicily (FA)1.5
Lime (Flavorah)0.3
Marshmallow (FA)1
Nonna's Cake (FA)3
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)3

Flavor total: 10.9%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes

Sounds nice, never heard of it personally. But another concentrate that may work well with this is Lemon Cake( (INW) nice lemon slightly yellow cake type flavour?

1 Like

I hate to get of topic from this thread, but I didn’t know INW had a lemon cake flavor.

Maybe if you post this recipe in Private Recipe Stash thread as well?