Animal lovers, what furry friends do you have?

Been there. My little Kara had to spend three days at the vet due to surgery. We went crazy without her. Us hoomans were worrying 'cause we weren’t hearing from the vet. The queen was looking for her princess and howling (kinda surprised me since before that they weren’t exactly getting along). It’s amazing how fast an animal can become part of the family.

8 Likes

I have had emergency situations with my children where I acted fast, calm and confident and never broke a sweat. But my pets just frazzle me to no end. I literally panic.

9 Likes

I know what you mean. I think it has to do with communication. A kid can tell you they are sick. Where they are hurt. How bad it feels. An animal can’t do that. That makes it scarier. The increased feeling of helplessness.

Okay I take that back. In theory parrots can communicate that, but you have to teach it the appropriate words.

8 Likes

Actually I have an unnamed little loner guppy… He will now be Xanax!

Sorry to hear about your puppy, TM! :hugs:

7 Likes

Two girl cats (both rescue) called Phoebe and Martha aged roughly 12 and 9, one boy Bichon Friese pup called Henry and aged 6, one budgie (he was our office pet but was getting miserable being on his own at weekends) aged 1, named Sonny.

My little house is turning into a veritable zoo :grimacing:

8 Likes

Two cats, Luna and Happy, who don’t really get along and make my life interesting. LoL.

More here:

5 Likes

Two puttums. Zoe and Bleu. Zoe is a Tuxedo and Bleu is a Norwegian Forest. Act like brother and sister for sure. Zoe is wired and Bleu is mega laid back. One thing they share. They are eating machines.

7 Likes

We are heading down the path of petting zoo too. Dog, pig, cat, kids, and mother in law. All I need new is a barn.

9 Likes

What is a puttum?

2 Likes

What is a budgie?

3 Likes

A variation of putty cat.

4 Likes

I probably should’ve known that but in my defense, my wife is the cat person, not I. If I let her, she would be one of those ladies that has 15 cats.

4 Likes

It is a parakeet (I think)

5 Likes

This is Sonny the budgie sat on my head :grin:

27 Likes

Even though I got the movie reference, my first thought was deuce because it shits everywhere.

6 Likes

I don’t have pets or furry friends. I have my 2 girls though :grin:

23 Likes

Love the pig name, that’s awesome! Dated a girl with a pot bellied pig for a time (she had the pig, not me and the pig dating the girl together. That would be weird.). The pig’s name was Persephone and she ruled the entire household, including a 200lb Mastiff.
Now I have a black lab, Boston terrier and a good old American terrier mutt.

9 Likes

Actually, he hasn’t shit in the house once. An amazing feat considering he’s only six weeks old. Even outside, he has one spot where he shits every single time.

5 Likes

I can’t resist. These are my two very best friends…mrpipes and Kiah.I wouldn’t take all the tea in China for either one of them.

19 Likes

Sleepy dog photo-bomb/selfie. She was sleeping, I owed her one (or 100) lol.

14 Likes