Another exploding ecig, but no info that could actually help

Agreed, much like some of the Samsung phones. Another more recent example is the Hcigar VT75C. If a 26650 that is too long is used the upper portion of the battery sled can me damaged and the battery can go into thermal runaway.

4 Likes

ā€œEven all of my mech mods have venting.ā€

Not sure if someone covered this or not. If the venting holes get covered by the very-quickly-getting-extremely-hot battery wrap, they donā€™t vent very well and Ka-boom. At least thats how ot was explained to me.
You WOULD think the heat would be a give away thoughā€¦ Hope I never find out.
I am waiting for delivery of a NC1as we speak. I didnā€™t really research it Before I ordered it ($2 and all), but I sure as hell have been reading up on it lately! Iā€™ve never owned a mec mod before (always regulated) and honestly, Iā€™m a little nervous. It will probably be mostly a novelty Iā€™m sure. The thought of blowing my face off does not a relaxing vape make! Lol. Thats even with my understanding of ohms law, quality genuine batteries and a properly protruding 510 pin. Not sure how it could be ā€œbetterā€ enough to risk it. Maybe some of you old-school mecā€™ers could enlighten me. Peace.

2 Likes

@Brandolf Nc1 is a ripper little mech there are a few things you have to remember

• The button is a crap (you can buy upgrades) so keep it clean.
  • It is 8.4 v so built accordingly.
  • You mentioned quality batteries - yes but also make sure you look up the tested specs according to mooch and build accordingly.
  • Check you battery wraps regularly.
  • Do not over drain you batteries when the vape feels a little weaker change em out (you will learn where the sweet spot is)
  • Properly protruding 510 pin
    hybrid_safety

There are definitely more tips to be had but they are the ones that spring to mind - I have probably missed something really important lol.

9 Likes

Be nervous and be cautious. Use an ohms law calculator. This device is not made for low ohm builds. Remember this is a series mod so a fresh set of batteries is pushing 8.4 volts.

Example:
A 0.15 ohm build at 8.4 volts will give you 56 amps and 470 watts of power to your vape hole. Imagine sucking on the tail pipe of a car that has just come off the interstate.

Example:
A 0.65 ohm build will put you at 13 amps and 108 watts. This would be a much more comfortable vape than the tail pipe scenario.

Keep the fire button clean. If the fire button sticks, throw it as far as you can.

Recommendations:
Go to this site

Scroll down to the Noisy Cricket Upgrade Kit. Yes, it is probably more than you paid for the mod itself, but this will help with vaping safely. The Jumper Kit below it is not necessary but not bad to have for an additional $3.50.

Hope that helps.

5 Likes

Exactly all these things are the reasons Iā€™m still asking myself WHY EVEN F-AROUND WITH THESE? Is the vape That much better? Am I entering a cloud-comp soon? Am I tired of my old face?
Understand. I do enjoy living life a little dangerously, keeps it fun. The first (and last) time I throw a venting mec into the farthest corner of my room and tell my wife to cover her eyes is gonna be the last! I feel rather confident that I can build and proceed safely enough (barring mechanical malfunction) but still keep asking myself ā€œwhyā€ when an old eleaf 100w is down to $10.

4 Likes

Well to be quite truthful nc1 is probably not the ideal choice for a first mech - but that said

WHY EVEN F-AROUND WITH THESE?

Because everything on them is fixable - no electrics to die/burn out, they are super light weight and deliver massive power in a simple small package.

5 Likes

Lmao. Reminds me of my first (and only) experience with a battery venting, i quickly dumped into into my garburator and braced for the bang! No bang tho it just fizzledā€¦

5 Likes

@TheTinMan1 is right. The kit works great and keeping the NC clean is very important. Use quality batteries and the NC delivers a great vape.

3 Likes

We bought that piece for the Noisy Cricket, it supplemented pretty well. The button was pretty smooth functioning.

3 Likes

I have a few tube mechs just because they exist. I like variety and I like trying new things. I also like the feel of the tube in my hand and like the fact that the batteries are removable. Beyond that, no, I donā€™t get any better vape than a regulated mod. Just something to toy with. Right now there are quite a few originally $100+ tube mechs that are being sold for $10 to $20 to purge inventory. If nothing else a piece of history and a conversation piece.

2 Likes

Its the newest one outā€¦ Take a hit! :unamused:

pipe-bomb

1 Like

I love it!!! I have a leaded in hand grenade Iā€™m thinking seriously of making into a mod. But then, just posting this Iā€™m sure Smok will beat me to it.

2 Likes

What do you think?

6 Likes

Might get yourself in trouble walking about with it in public :laughing:

3 Likes

ā€œHow do i fire this mod?ā€
ā€œJust pull that pin dudeā€ :laughing:

3 Likes

Yup! Itā€™s a one vape wonder!!!

3 Likes

@Brandolf

You will enjoy the Nc1, I sure did.I really havenā€™t had a device capable of matching it but after getting what Iā€™m absolutely certain weā€™re counterfeit batteries and having a ā€œslow ventā€ Iā€™ve retired mine. My math was sound so the vendor probably got sold some knock offs and sold them without knowing. I no longer buy batteries from anywhere that doesnā€™t deal strictly in batteries, itā€™s just much safer that way.

My only real issue with the NC1 was the damn button, I kept it super clean but it had a tendency to misfire. I never had it get stuck but I had to press the button just right to get it to fire. I bought the ā€œsafety upgradeā€ purely for the button and seemed to be a semi-viable workaround . I tried the ā€œsafeā€ 510 and it didnā€™t seem to hit as hard but that could have just been in my head.

My main purpose for posting is to say if you want the ā€œsafety upgrade kitā€ and can pay a couple bucks shipping itā€™s yours. Iā€™ve put ā€œsafety upgradeā€ in quotes because ultimately itā€™s up to you to use common sense and sound math to avoid catastrophe.

2 Likes