Another mad scientist is born

Yep, that’s the one!

2 Likes

Welcome to the never ending insanity Bikerdude. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome, nice job on mixing by weight its really easier. Watch New Amsterdam vape video two parts on mixing by weight…this is how I learned and I am only 2 months in and … wow Pugs, nice lab. I work out of a card board box my eliquids came in and now just graduate to using my IPhone instead of printing every recipe lol.

two part video…hope it helps people who are confused or want to learn mixing by weight.

3 Likes

I second this. You did good bro! Not far off from my setup.

4 Likes

Thanks @LordVapor! I have to know where did you get those flavor racks? I have GOT to get me some of them! Thanks for the vid link @DiezelDawg69, I’m going to check them out right now. Thanks @SthrnMixer for the link to your post as well, I intend to study it fully. @Shelley_12 I got my mixers used on ebay. I got lucky on them and picked the pair up for $65 and both work but one sounds like the spinner motor bearing needs a bit of marvel mystery oil and the other has a sticky speed control rheostat. No big deal for me, a 30+ year mechanic but there are a few on ebay that don’t need any putzing with as well and if I had the $100 to spare I might have bought a new one like you are looking at.

3 Likes

The actual ones I bought are not available on Amazon currently. But this is the same one, just $8 more than I paid for mine: http://a.co/94E7Gie

3 Likes

I have the same ones but from ebay for $19 au ($14.50usd) but it was au stock maybe you can find a similar cheap price on your local ebay search for 6 Tier Nail Polish Organizer

1 Like

I originally was looking at the nail varnish racks but they wouldnt go in my fridge so I opted for a load of the flat ones, they work really well on a shelf, im on my phone so havent got a link but they’re in the ‘accesories’ category in my shop on my site…(blatent plug :wink:)

2 Likes

When I start looking for that type of mixer what type would be good?

A lot of people swear by the Corning brand stirrers and my 2 work nicely despite being a few decades old. @ozo would be the one to ask though, he’s been using magnetic stirrers for 50+ years. His tutorial is a must-read for anyone thinking about magnetic stirrers and how to use them.

2 Likes

Here’s another interesting storage unit I found while browsing Amazon for nail polish racks.

1 Like

Looks interesting… Until you look at the dimensions :wink:

I was thinking of stirrer magnet, pipette storage and misc. type storage. It is pretty small though!

I bought that same rack, 2 in fact. They are small but they serve the purpose. They are more for VERY new beginners and will quickly be outgrown, but for a small amount of cash and for the brand new beginning mad chemists, they serve the purpose fairly well

2 Likes

Ha ha another mad scientists born made me smile well done I’m new to this mixing but so excited

6 Likes

I use syringes, and have not used a scale. Mine have always turned out fairly wwe… Hope your does.

1 Like

Thanks, I hope so too. When I was doing research before I decided to try mixing it seemed like the 2 different ways had different sets of equipment so I thought I should choose one way so I only had to buy one set of equipment. I did like the idea, at first, of mixing in the bottle which pushed me towards mixing by weight but once I decided to go with mixing by weight I discovered magnetic stirrers and that nixed my mixing in the bottle idea. I think we can both get great results no matter which method we use. One of the best features of DIY is that we are free to develop our own methods and find what works best. I’m glad you enjoy mixing and that syringes work for you so keep up the good work!

1 Like

WOW! Nice!

Still kickin’ it old school. As far as racks go, i built one of wood and working on one for a drawer with angled dividers where the bottles lay so u can read the labels. I don’t have a seperate area for mixing , I do it at my desk near the computer and the Tv otherwise i may really become that mad scientist. I only mix for myself and a lil for my brother so i only make small batches and try them but i get bored of same ol’ same ol’ and am always experimenting w/ what flavors i have.
http://imgur.com/3dSRAVR

1 Like

Ya you keep telling yourself that hahaha - it will grow and grow (but only a little at a time) one day you will walk in and say HTF did this happen.

4 Likes