Any substitute for vanilla shisha?

Want to do a sweet creamy cake but vanilla shisha is too expensive, any replacements? Please let me know, thank you!

4 Likes

FA has some pretty good vanillas, but they are more expensive than CAP, TPA and FW. I’m guessing you’re looking for a good/great cheap Vanilla, but none from the cheaper concentrate brands ever made the cut for me.

If you decide to loosen your purse string a little, then I highly recommend Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) as being one of the best Vanillas available.

11 Likes

I’ll second it on the Holy Vanilla, that stuff is just plain hands down delicious!

6 Likes

Is this a typo? Because shisha vanilla is not a cake and if that’s all you want to do, there’s a lot of other flavors. A creamy cake doesn’t necessarily need vanilla, especially if you have no vanilla around. I still would suggest getting vanillas since they help out a lot.

Shisha vanilla is also not necessarily creamy, it’s smooth and velvety for sure But not creamy on its own. (Inw) vanilla cream would be the one you’re most likely looking for, since it has both - the cream and the vanilla.

But there’s a lot of options, as pro_vapes pointed out, that could even work better.

If you’re looking at cheaper flavors, still on the “better” side than cap and tpa and “creamy” take a look at (WF) vanilla cream extra (sc) or their (wf) tahitian vanilla.

I actually prefer this instead of FA, even so (FA) vanilla classic isn’t bad. The other flavour art vanillas are a bit trickier to work with. Also classic would be closer to shisha, but yet not even similar if that makes sense but a good alternative.

I admit never was a fan of holy vanilla. I did fall in love with (flv) vanilla bean and smooth vanilla so, unfortunately these are even more expensive than shisha vanilla.

It’s many different vanilla categories we’re looking at here, and there’s plenty of options, after you decide if you want a vanilla that alters your recipe overall, or one that works only with specific applications, one that only pushes/boosts existing vanilla nuances, include creams if so what kind of cream … I mean I could go on. Vanilla are my favorite and every one of them has a specific category and application lol… I better get out of here, for everyone’s sanity :rofl:

6 Likes

Since it is also highly concentrated it will work out cheaper in the end.
The ‘cheaper’ brands usually call for a much higher percentage, which can make them more expensive in the long run.

14 Likes

Upgrade to something better with either Holy Vanilla or MB Creamy Vanilla.

3 Likes

@HawaiiVaper I cannot agree with @Pro_Vapes more on this.

4 Likes

If you do insist on getting a cheaper one, I suggest looking at TPA French Vanilla Deluxe. It’s stronger than their French Vanilla or French Vanilla Creme.

4 Likes

You should stop looking at the price per ml for concentrates because it doesn’t say much about how expensive it is. You should look at how many ml’s of e-juice you can make with your tiny bottle of Shisha… and it’ll be plenty because it’s pretty potent.

Shisha Vanilla INW is a very creamy vanilla. I don’t really think there is a direct replacement for it. Vanilla DIYFS is indeed one of the best vanillas, but it’s a completely different profile IMO, a much darker flavor than INW. If you want to create a similar effect, you’re likely going to need both a lighter vanilla and a cream that is not too heavy (no custard or even VBIC, probably more something like Vienna Cream).

6 Likes

I always pair Holy Vanilla with FLV Cream or OOO Milky Undertone, usually both as I’m not a big bakery guy or anything heavy and more towards the Ice cream or FLV Pudding profile.

5 Likes

I love that flavor, although it doesn’t have much body to it. I wish there was something similar that could be used as a standalone. German Flavors supposedly has a great alternative but I’m still not sure where to get it.

5 Likes

If you use it as a primary you have to bump it up to the 3-4% range to really come through. I always add it with LB VIC which I’m sure everybody knows now the combo for Fresh03’s custard is 4% LBVIC and .50% FLV Pudding. The other combo is to use it with HS French Vanilla Ice Cream to lift it.

I found what you’re looking for and it must be 100% legit because not a lot of people post comments there and it has a ton: http://www.vaperstek.org/custard-vanilla-pudding-flavor/ — Get this one too: http://www.vaperstek.org/creamy-vanilla-1/

7 Likes

DIYVS (DIY Vapor Supply) has them, but I know that’s not help for your neck of the woods…
Perhaps some of our other EU/UK folks could provide some suggestions. (They’re not exactly common to find for “us” either) :wink:

3 Likes

I know, I can get them straight from Germany, they sell them on germanflavours.de, but shipping costs for 1 concentrate? :slight_smile:
I usually buy in bulk from the known sites so I can reduce int shipping to a minimum. I’m silently praying that Chefs or Vapable will come to their senses and include German Flavours to their menu.

5 Likes

LMAO. Not really a valid point :crazy_face: as that’s the case anywhere. Even if you drive locally, it’s still more (unless they sell FLV or MF (which no one near me does) in gas…

5 Likes

I know, it’s mental

4 Likes

Chefs has a flat international rate of 5 pounds - They have a lot of stuff you can pick up too like OOO Miky - Holy Vanilla - Devon Cream - DV Absinthe - Holy RY4 - Heisenberg - Red Astaire - FA Premium Custard - TONS of FA flavors you’ve never seen before.

Cup Cake World (devon cream) along with Flavor Express under Xpress so you can pick up hands down the best lemon in the world in FE Lemon and Sticky Rice so you can make Shyndo’s Mango Sticky Rice.

One shots too where you don’t have to use it single and use it in a mix like the famous Red Astaire and btw Heisenberg is probably the most famous juice in the world, especially in Europe and

Blue lush, Green Lush With Envy, Welsh custard etc… From their own one shot line. You can get 10ml instead of 30ml for 3 pounds instead to try them out.

5 Likes

Are you saying that shipping across the Atlantic costs half the price of the Channel?
I placed this order last Saturday, ÂŁ10.15

3 Likes

If you get tracked option it is ÂŁ10.15 to Australia as well but if you get untracked it is ÂŁ5

5 Likes

Yeah, I just see the issue here.
If you’re ordering a smaller amount of flavors, I do indeed get the cheaper option. Definitely something I’ll keep in mind next time. Once I hit the £40 mark, the option for untracked mail disappears.

So tip: break up your orders to save a few £ if you don’t care about tracking :slight_smile:
I’m cheap, always go for the cheapest shipping method but if the option isn’t given it’s difficult to select. Usually my orders are over £50 so I never saw that untracked option before.

4 Likes