Any suggestions recipe wise for these flavors

You might have the best luck looking for recipes with individual flavors you like by clicking the Search by flavor stash tool, find a recipe you like and purchase any missing flavors.

You can try mixing single flavors (SF) of your existing flavors and try blending 2 SF together to see if anything is compatible.

5 Likes

Are these concentrates or e-juice?

Not real sure about this one?
Others have mentioned real good tips here as well. I’m fairly new to DIY but it looks like you may have some ejuice mixed with your flavorings!

2 Likes

some interesting flavorings for sure

3 Likes

Their website describes this as a “one shot” Mix it with your pg/vg, nic base @ 10% (web starting %) let it steep 3-5 days and try it!
Your two VV flavorings could be good mixed with your creams or yogurt, Have no idea as to what starting percentages though!
Have fun!

2 Likes

Yes some of the flavors are flavor mixes for replicating the makers juice. My first order included these to keep me going while I sourced all the other things I needed to start diy. I thought these may be useful still in terms of adding your own spin. They all (well nearly all) were within the flavor stash lists. Halo whisper is a SF though I believe?

I have had some good suggestions from this and other forums and have logged all the ideas as recipes here. I definitely need some top note flavours though and have just opened an account with flavourart Italy to order some. Overall I am pleased with my first purchase as I think I have some good mediumto low notes which should enable me to make (hopefully) some good ejuice when I get some top notes in.

3 Likes

Yep already tried the glazed popcorn and its great but you’re right it definitely needed a steep…just kept getting better and better.

3 Likes

nothing wrong w/ helping along a one shot and whoever uses them will be grateful for any work u do! gl to u!

4 Likes

Everyone here have put in great advice. If I may add, since you already have creams, milk, and yogurt, even if you hate vaping fruit flavor, get at least one fruit flavor. or two. or three. or eleven. I’m not judging.
When i first joined this forum, I came across this thread : A Beginner’s Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes
I wish i read that first before I started building my stash.

1 Like

This is brilliant advice. Thank you. Now a bit of background. I first started vaping in 2014 and I had to have tobacco flavours with a strong throat hit. Couldn’t stand vanilla and every fruit I tried made me feel sick. :nauseated_face: winding forward after 2 years I decided to try jazzy boba and I absolutely loved it. Then I started smoking again until last month when I decided to go DIY. After quite a bit of research I noticed that there was lots of fruit and toffee like flavors as favourites. I was still sceptical about fruit but decided to try and get the ingredients for a jazzy boba clone and at the same time try some one shot flavours such as the butterscotch custard and glazed popcorn… I loved
them!! So long story short I am going to top up my flavour list with a selection of fruits etc from flavor art Italy. I already have 1ltr of PG and VG, scales, 500ml nic @ 100mg/ml, syringes etc. I’ve read the suggested thread and it confirms what I was already thinking. I have a 38 bottle wish list on flavor art but I’ll probably get just a selection to start. Everyone has been so helpful… Many thanks again.

2 Likes

Flavor Art have some great fruit flavors, some are stronger than some others.
Their Bilberry is strong, most people only needed 2 - 2,5% for a single flavor Vape, while their watermelon is weaker at about 5 - 6% for most people. Whatever the result is, good luck and have fun!

1 Like

Thanks again…just one more question? Is the strength difference why you often see recipes using flavors from different suppliers eg 5% bavarian cream FA, 2% sweet cream CAP, Strawberry ripe etc. etc.
Obviously, it probably makes sense to get the stronger flavors so it reduces usage…or is that not correct???
Obviously some flavors are different in their tastes although I see a lot of substitution going on amongst diy ers.

1 Like

No different suppliers is because they all have good and bad flavors.If you limit yourself to one flavor maker you will miss out on a ton of great flavors.They all make some great must have flavors.They highly concentrated flavors let you use less but aren’t usually purchased for that reason.You just buy the flavors that you like or sound good.In the beginning its just best to get flavors for recipes you think you would like.

3 Likes

Not always. for instance, strawberry (ripe) is still considered as one of the best today, even though it was released a few years ago and it’s not as strong as, say, strawberry Red Touch from FA.
The substitution is of course abundant, since not all mixers have the same flavors. For instance, it’s very hard for me to get Inawera where I live, and I could only get some Flavorah flavors, not all.

2 Likes

Yep agreed. I’ve been looking for a while now and we have some good stockists for most flavour companies. The trick is trying to find one supplier who ticks all the boxes including nic etc. For example although I have lots of sources for FA stockists not one of them had jasmine which is why I ended up going direct.

2 Likes

If you don’t want to see single flavor recipes…you select the hide single flavor recipes and it should pull up what you can make with what you have. GOOD LUCK

1 Like

Yes I know. Already tried the flavor stash route and that’s why I asked the question here if that makes sense. Thanks for responding :slight_smile:

I use it at 0.65-1% as single flavor, above 1 it’s super floral and unpleasant to me.

I also use that at 1-2.5%. I have yet to find a FA flavor that can be used above 4% and trust me I’m not a huge FA fan, however most of them have extreme off notes at higher percentage. As well as most of them being potent. Not flavorah potent but definitely more than cap/tpa and other brands.

Is it? I think lots of people moved on, it’s definitely correct to say that strawberry ripe is always recommended and a good beginner strawberry if used correctly.

1 Like

This is interesting information. I have always been sensitive to fruit flavors in exactly that way… Eg. Unpleasant floral notes.
I am guessing that the addition of creams into the right percentage mixtures of fruit flavors is what is going to make them more palatable for me (I hope). My wife vapes a litchi by novavapes and I hate it for the same reason as above… Nasty floral notes.

It has always been clear to me in the past that a liquid that you like the smell of is not necessarily one you like to vape. I think I will start all my experimental mixes at reasonably low percentages to start.

Thanks for giving some helpful info here… Every little helps a new mixer😀

3 Likes

Is a good indicator of over flavouring for some fruits

2 Likes

With all the advice and research I’ve been doing since deciding to go DIY I definitely have decided that small quantities are better to start a mix. When you get the ratio right it probably will only effect the strength of flavour up to the point that it becomes over flavoured and unpleasant.

2 Likes