Any tips on wicking Griffin 25 Rta? Top airflow version

Any tips or tricks on wicking Griffin 25 top airflow

2 Likes

That is so hard to do with words. I have mine wicked with cotton that is fluffed up quite a bit. (What the hell is quite a bit?) The cotton covers the vertical wicking shafts but it is not packed or stuffed. It is fairly loose. Looking from the side of the build deck, my cotton does not extend to the bottom of the juice ports. It barely extends beyond the ring on the top of the build deck.

2 Likes

If you look down into the juice channel, you can see that it is narrower at the mouth (where the juice comes in from the tank). Then looking from the side, you can see a seam that aligns to the two separate widths. For each channel, I

• Fluff
  • Trim to the bottom of the mouth opening
  • Thin the cotton from the seam to the bottom of the mouth
  • Insert the longer cotton from the thinned part first to load the narrow portion of the channel
  • Insert the remaining cotton to the wider portion

This gives me a tail of cotton in the bottom portion while the top portion is filled.

1 Like

Maybe there is something useful here

1 Like

i have the G25 in rotation all the time. here are couple of quick tips you can try if they work for you and produce better results
1 - if you want more flavor close the top air flow completely - i use only 2 clicks (around 1/3) of the lower air flow
2 - wick and fluff the ends of the cotton - the amount of cotton inside the coil shouldn’t be too much or too loose. outside the coil area, you can fluff then take away around 30% of that cotton.
3 - cut the cotton edges to the length as others mentioned above, then wet with juice before you insert into the juice channels. this way can control this part of the process a lot easier, and you can see exactly where your wicks will end.

the G25 is an awesome tank for flavor, just make sure you build the right coils (not too large and not too small) - my best set up are ID 2.5mm (of whatever you build with, can use single, twisted or claptons, best stay around the 2.3- to 2.5 mm iD) then place them around 3mm above the air flow. too close or too far and the flavor would not be ideal. how many wraps? i use 6 or 7 depends on the wire gauge, but enough to cover all the airflow holes …

hope this helps. there are great vids on UT for wicking the G25 - it’s very forgiving once you do it couple of times… key thing, don’t pack the wicks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use the Griffin as my ADV tank. In the past I only had the cotton stuffed (packed) until it was poking out of the bottom of the retaining ring. Last time I re-wicked I used tweezers and pulled the wick material down and it is the length of the juice channel. Still wicks like a champ, no dry hits or leaks.