Anyone else vape unflavored?

So I started mixing my own liquids about 13 months ago. Started on the wrong foot trying to make complicated mixtures and got frustrated. I needed some liquid one day about 6 weeks into expiramenting and I just made my base with no flavor added. It wasn’t bad and the wife thought it was o.k. too so that’s what I used for the past 10 or 11 months… I still like my unflavored it’s simple and quick. Does anyone else vape unflavored? Its great for stealth vape. I have been mixing it 100% vg. I use distilled water to thin. I like the taste of vg because it’s sweet and I think pg is nasty tasting without flavor. I have it sometimes that the sweetness of the vg really comes out but other times it just doesn’t taste like anything… Any ideas on bringing out the sweetness but leaving no odor? Don’t get me wrong I’m not against flavors, in fact I just recently started mixing some flavors again about a week ago but now I want to revise my unflavored base to make it a bit more appealing.

5 Likes

I have vaped unflavored… normally if I want to just clean out a tank.
Palm based VG is suppose to be sweeter than some of the other plain vg’s you can get… I believe that is what @Nicotine_River sells.
EDIT: If you just want to vape plain juice without flavorings… there isn’t anything wrong with it[quote=“Jayrell, post:1, topic:98255”]
Don’t get me wrong I’m not against flavors
[/quote]

There are a lot of people that do so… or so I’ve heard.

2 Likes

Yes I vape unflavored a few times a week. The way I see it, it’s like how we sometimes drink water rather than coffee soda, etc. Anyway about the sweetness, I’ve only had VG from Essential Depot and Nude Nic. Both seem the same to me. I’ve noticed an illusion of a difference in the sweetness of my unflavored but this happens even within the same day with the same tank of the same juice. I think it’s related to what else I’ve been eating drinking or vaping before reaching for the unflavored vape. If your whole particular batch seems off maybe you can try a drop or two of sweetener, Pyure or some other additive to perk it up. Real Flavors has VG based flavors that people rave about. I’m only now beginning to play with the PG versions so I can’t really advise about that.

1 Like

Exactly!!! So it’s not just me I notice the same thing with it. I am trying to research some sweeteners… EM is not what I thought it would be…

What are you all’s unflavored mix? 50/50 80/20? Hi nic?

I have 70/30 0 nic which can seem almost too sweet to me at times but is very soothing on my throat. The big bottle I make is 65/35 1mg nic that I use to vape most of the time and I use this if accidentally get a flavor too strong to try and tame it down a bit.

~Edit for EM: To me EM seems dry and not really as sweet as I thought it would be but in small doses for something that won’t have to steep more than a week or two, it’s helped me to calm down some really harsh fruit mixes.

2 Likes

My fiance’ vapes just base as well 60 pg / 40 vg but he hates the sweetness of vg so I have to use bitter wizard FA when I’m running low on pg. I agree w/ ya pg is nasty tasting.

@ringling vapes base as well if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Yep, I vape no flavor as well. For 3+ years it has been my vape. I don’t necessarily do No Flavor for the same reasons as you do though. Allergies will not allow me to consistently vape flavored juice. Kinda sad since I’m not bad at mixing the juices. I get to taste them, just can’t vape them much. Truth be told, I doubt I could have stuck with any other flavor for 3+ years. I’m perfectly happy with the taste of No Flavor juice…

2 Likes

I do 60/40 at 3mg nic…

2 Likes

I have some year old pg that I purchased and barely used I might try to mix some again with a little pg just to try it out again…

Here’s a question I wonder if anyone can answer. We’ve all been told that vaping is dehydrating and you should drink lots of water. Can anyone tell me whether this is from the VG or the PG? Or is it just from the act of vaping? Wouldn’t think the act of vaping would be the cause since no one complained of dehydration from smoking cigarette…

1 Like

PG bonds with the water molecules so I guess it sucks it straight out of your tissues too. Not sure about the sucking part that’s just how it feels when I don’t drink enough.

1 Like

I agree with @Mizzz_Z_Hobbit. If I vape anything with pg I get super thirsty. With My base being all vg with di water I can vape a lot longer without feeling like an alligator

1 Like

Here’s some very interesting info on VG Pay close attention to the 5th paragraph…

Glycerin, also called glycerol, is a thick, colorless and odorless liquid derived from fats and oils used in making soap. It’s used in various industries and products, such as antifreeze, sweeteners, dynamite, cosmetics, inks and lubricants. Glycerin is frequently found in skin care products, although there are prescription formulations for specialized health procedures and diseases. Although over-the-counter products containing glycerin are generally safe, prescription glycerin products shouldn’t be used if you have difficulty passing urine or are dehydrated, or have fluid in the lungs or congestive heart failure.

Cerebral Edema

Glycerin is given to patients intravenously to relieve pressure in the brain due to conditions such as stroke, meningitis, encephalitis, Reye’s syndrome and tumors. The treatment has been well studied through the years; a report in the March 1982 Journal of Neurosurgery found glycerol to be effective and safe when used to treat intracranial hypertension, without the dehydrating effects of other methods.

Constipation

Glycerin suppositories are often prescribed for the short-term treatment of constipation. They work by lubricating and mildly irritating the lining of the intestines, causing the muscles to contract, while pulling water from the intestines into the stool to make it easier for the stools to pass. Side effects from this treatment can include nausea, vomiting, fecal impaction, intestinal obstruction and abdominal pain.

Glaucoma

Glycerin has been used since the 1960s as an oral supplement to treat glaucoma and other eye conditions where there is increased pressure. One of the first studies, published in the British Journal of Ophthalmology in 1965, discovered that oral glycerol brought the tension of acute glaucomatous eyes down to normal levels within an hour. Hyperglycemia has been reported after treatment by oral glycerol and it should therefore be used with caution in treating diabetics. Other side effects may include nausea, diarrhea and headaches.

Humectant

Glycerin is a natural humectant, meaning it easily absorbs water from other sources, particularly useful in treating dry skin. However, when used in its pure form, glycerin can actually increase water loss by attracting water from the lower layers of skin to the surface, where the water is easily be lost into the environment. This is why glycerin and humectants are combined with other ingredients to soften skin,

Physical Endurance

A study at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Albuquerque in 1996 found that glycerol supplements given to athletes prior to exercise prolonged endurance time and lowered heart rates during exercise activity. A separate, earlier study at the University of New Mexico had already established that giving glycerol to athletes in high-heat conditions reduced urine volume and rectal temperature and increased the sweat rate. This led the researchers to conclude that giving athletes glycerol prior to exercise increases hydration within cells, allowing tissues to remain hydrated during prolonged endurance.

Skin Disease

The same humectant qualities glycerin possesses may have a therapeutic benefit for skin diseases. Researchers at the Medical College of Georgia showed that glycerol helps skin cells mature properly, allowing the youngest cells to move up from the deepest layer and eventually grow to mature surface cells that emit lipids to protect the skin. The research, published in the December, 2003 issue of The Journal of Investigative Dermatology, concluded that glycerin may be able to help patients with conditions such as psoriasis and non-melanoma skin cancers that result from the abnormal proliferation and maturation of skin cells.

What I gather from that 5th paragraph is the VG absorbs moisture however it could by the sounds of things possibly absorb our body moisture and we blow all our moisture out on exhale. Wonder if we could find something on the PG about this subject…

5 Likes

I have that! I’m gonna try using VG. I hate the stupid cream stuff. It burnses. :frowning:

Interesting info. Glycerin is so useful :smiley: Good thing we’ve always got plenty layin’ around, eh? LoL.

4 Likes

That we do…lol

2 Likes

Back in the 70s my grandmother would mix a table spoon of regular kitchen glycerin with a teaspoon of Menthol Eucalyptus and rub this on her hands and knees. She used the glycerin for a lot of herbal rubs and medicines that she would make us use too. The VG we vape seems just the same to me. Based on this article, I don’t know if the VG is adding moisture to the surface of the mouth, throat etc or if it’s going to pull any moisture from deeper layers but I know it feels smoother and moister to vape higher VG.

2 Likes

Great info @ringling thanks. And Thank you all for the comments! I agree the vg does make things smoother and feel better on the vape side but yea maybe it Does pull moisture from us… Interesting… anyway keep em coming!

1 Like

nice to know that glycerol reduces rectal temperature as there is nothing worse than a red hot rectum!

3 Likes

Don’t say that too loud @CosmicTruth might join in on this tread and want to start probing people… you know how those aliens like their probes…

5 Likes