Anyone put off by the aftertaste / off taste in some Capella flavors?

I have had an off taste bad aftertaste experience with one of Capella’s flavorings. Peanut Butter V2, it tasted like burning tires extinguished with piss and vomit. It made me piss myself and vomit, eeewwww…

5 Likes

I threw away all my V2s aka safer flavor choices. When I bought them I thought they were new improved versions. IMO these are knockoffs of some flavors that are already subpar to a lot of premiums.

5 Likes

I’ve looked at what’s in some of TPA concentrates and for me it’s like it’s written in Chinese. I’m no chemist and I have no understanding what’s in them. If someone can break it it down to me in plain english I’d surely appreciate it. The one and only judgement I can make is how it taste to me. In comparison to 90% of other vendors offerings I’ve tried, they fail to deliver a better option for me.

2 Likes

The Good Scents Company has a pretty good description/chemical makeup of each ingredient. If you search Furfural for example, scroll down the list on a Google Search and the Good Scents Company will list the uses for a certain ingredient and how it is commonly used and what it is derived from.

http://www.thegoodscentscompany.com/data/rw1008441.html

5 Likes

I took a brief look around and is this info from a flavor or safety aspect? This seems to be about manufactured flavors/scents rather than extracts and piecing these individual chemicals to a single flavor is a daunting task. I’m sure some are really particular about what they are ingesting, but so far my interest has been mostly about how a flavor taste or vapes.

You are definitely viewing flavors from a level I know nothing about. I can appreciate TPA’s transparency, but for me, did they get the flavor profile right? I don’t like a lot of their concentrates and they don’t fit the flavor profile that’s appealing to me. Oh how I wish they did because it would save me a ton of $$$. A lot of their flavors taste generic and are far from center of what I expect that flavor to be.

3 Likes

Let me explain better, I don’t really mind what’s in the concentrates, it doesn’t bother me. The only reason I ever started looking at the TPA Ingredient list was because I found there was a common taste in some of the concentrates I didn’t like, so I just started using the ingredient list when buying flavors to make sure the flavor I was going to buy didn’t have that certain ingredient in it. I only used Good Scents because it narrowed down the flavor description a little better for me.

2 Likes

I only used Good Scents to better describe the flavor that each ingredient is supposed to bring to the table, as far as safety info, I didn’t use it for that.

3 Likes

I can understand that.

1 Like

Sure wish I could find out what Cap uses in their Vanilla mixes…

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s responses, I appreciate it. I’m not giving up on Cap vanilla’s yet…

2 Likes

I know it’s weird, but I eventually got past it, and steeping does help drown it out. It will get better for you, promise.

3 Likes

Capella flavors are probably my favorite among all the other brands but I cant deny that some of their flavors have a weird aftertaste or leave my mouth feeling like it has a film in it. Idk what causes it

2 Likes

I can’t believe I’m just seeing this post now. I get the very same off taste from vanilla custard V1. I can’t even describe what it is but I haven’t been able to get a decent custard vape with that as the main ingredient. I’ve pretty much given up on it and bought some 10mls of FA, TPA, Inawera and Flavorah. Surely one of those should be usable.
So that’s now both TPA VBIC and CAP VC I can’t use lol.

2 Likes

Have you tried the purilum vanilla custard? Or RFs? I use those two in combination. I find custard mixes get kinda “dry” after a good steep and overly eggy, to counter this i like to add FLV vanilla pudding which softens them up nicely. Ps the FLV plain custard is good as well

5 Likes

I forgot to mention RF, I have that too, both the cinnamon and vanilla custard, I can’t get purilum over here unfortunately. I’ve tried steeping CAP anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months and the off taste is always there, I can even smell it in the bottle.

2 Likes

Does Nicriver not ship to Europe or is it those pesky tpd regulations? What are your thoughts on Rfs version? Do get the FLV both pudding and custard both are great imo and lack those “off” notes other brands have…

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, this is perfect, I started mixing Flavorah Vanilla Custard with a smaller amount of Flavorah Vanilla Pudding, and the mix comes out tasting very similar to Cap V1, just minus the plastic type flavor. You should try the two together, they are delicious. I have found INW Custard to be more neutral, semi eggy and with the least off putting flavor.

5 Likes

The problem with getting anything shipped from the US is the prices are scandalous, roughly $30 for even a small order.
I like the RF vanilla custard, it was a lot lighter and a tad sweeter than others, I haven’t tested the cinnamon one yet as it’s steeping. The FLV one I got is just custard, it arrived yesterday with the others.

2 Likes

At 2% the inw custard started out somewhat nutty to my tastes after a long steep it was more like a coconut cream pie filling. I think i used too much… What percentage do you find best?

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice, I’ll definitely try that.

1 Like