App or discussion of a possible app?

Is there a eLiquid recipes dot-com app app or is there any discussion of possibly being a eLiquid recipes.com app? I love the website but would love to be able to have a much faster use app for mixing on the go not having to print stuff out Etc

4 Likes

There have been a few requests and threads but nothing yet…

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?context=topic&context_id=188734&q=ELR%20app&skip_context=true
4 Likes

If there ever is an app, it has to be done right.
I am currently browsing the forum in a browser, on mobile. And the formatting I think is very acceptable. If Lars just rushed out an app because so many has requested it, chances are it wouldn’t get used. ATF has an app. It doesn’t get used though. Because they’re site is an much better experience in a browser. A web page formatted for mobile, is preferable over an terrible app.

A few suggestions for saving recipes is saving it on ELR, bookmarking it, making a shortcut or taking a screenshot. You can also print pages on mobile so what do you need an app for?

5 Likes

There’s even an old thread about an API for people who want to make their own app… same status so far

But I have to agree with Nco, why put time and energy in an app when you can have a website that works on mobile devices just as well?

5 Likes

Honestly , I don’t think an app is needed ,

But if Lars ever puts out an app, it should save personal and favorite recipes offline… but sad to say it probably be android only since Apple don’t like vape recipe apps.

2 Likes

I didn’t look at the main recipe site on mobile, only the forum. But now after i did, the recipe site could maybe yes, be optimized for mobile, but i don’t think it is something to go on about. It still works as intended and i think it is ‘good enough’ for now, when you consider we have 1 developer. But i will use the feedback button and suggest Lars to get this done.

@daath

1 Like

I use E-Juice Lab on my Android phone.

2 Likes

I have tried alot of the most popular eliquid calculator apps on Android. Some are alot better than others, but i still haven’t found one i think is perfect. They all have they’re own small bugs and glitches. The one i’m using currently is called ‘Vape Assistant’ for Android don’t know if it is in Apple Store. This one also has a bug, that sometimes after you wrote a new recipe and save it, you might have to refresh the app by doing something like rebooting to get the recipe to appear together with the others.
Doesn’t happen every time, it happens enough to be annoying though.
But this is the least glitchy eliquid calculator app i have tried yet.

1 Like

Same here, E-Juice Lab is better than others I’ve tried. Would like to see a max-VG setting but that’s not a deal breaker by any means. It has all the other features you could ask for.

1 Like