Are 21700 Batteries Worth It?

Anyone having noticeably better luck with 21700 battery life compared to 18650 and 26650? I wanted to get some input before getting some because I would need to get a new charger as well. I’m using the Aegis mod.

This looks too good to pass up:

3 Likes

I always check out Master Mooch for battery info

4 Likes

Awesome. Thank you.

3 Likes

Without having to read teh specs, which one is better than the 18650? Mine are dying.

1 Like

I’m not a battery expert, but it really depends on what you are using them in and if they will even fit. 21700 have a higher capacity than 18650, but have a lower current.

1 Like

I have a 26650 mod and run the green efest batteries in it, and I have several 18650 mods that I run the lg hg2 in, I get better battery life out of my 18650 mods than I do my 26650 mods. My double battery mods I get a full day out of, my triple battery mods I get a day and a half out of and my quads I get 2 days. And I vape at over 100 watts. On the 26650 mods I only get about 4 hours of good vape before they start to fall off. So IMO try the lg hg2 batteries.

1 Like

check this…
Mooch (in case you don’t already know about him) is testing batteries and he’s really respected in the vaping world for what he does… in the link below there is a list of 20700 and 21700 batteries and 26650… you can also check his blog for better results etc…

(20700 and 21700)
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/img_1141-jpg.699215/

(26650)
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/26650-safety-grades-and-pulse-performance-data.7554/

though i use only 18650 batteries so i can’t answer your question for real… check what you like better and what can you find to buy :slight_smile:

More maH = more capacity (they will last longer before they need charge again)
more Amps = if you’re subohming (using low resistances less than 1ohm) and vaping at high watts well you should take this in mind too… for people that using very very low resistances max AMPS come more important than the actual capacity… no matter if you’re using a regulated or a mechanical mod.

i hope this helped ya…

gl and hf :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, didn’t know till I tried, my power will last about 1/4 to 1/3 longer depending on my build.

2 Likes

You should try an Ijoy INR 26650
Here’s a link check it out https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/ijoy-40a-4200mah-26650-bench-test-results-overrated-but-a-great-30a-battery.764411/

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve been less than impressed with the efest greens I have, they just don’t seem to have enough capacity.

So I ended up getting a couple samsung 48g’s, and the battery life is night and day compared to my 18650’s (lg hg2/he4). I would maybe get 2 hours out of them in my aegis (single batt mod @ 50w/.34ohm). After hour 5 or 6 with the 48g’s the power finally starts to drop. I’m vaping on this thing pretty much constantly, so it’s quite an improvement.

2 Likes

How long does it take to charge it back up ?

1 Like

That’s a good question. I haven’t timed it, but I noticed it’s considerably longer than my 18650’s. Next time I charge one I’ll try to keep track.

3 Likes

I’m not exactly sure how long a full charge took this last time, but at some point between hour 4 and 5 one was still charging (@ 0.5a in an efest luc blu6 charger… it was the only battery charging).

3 Likes