Are there any *good* chocolate vapes out there?

Saved to my recipes, looks interesting. Me too, wednesday I will be placing a order with TPA. Hope their Cocoa Essence will be beneficial to this project. Guess it’ll be next week before either one of us can give it a shot. Just out of curiosity, whos and which chocolates did you have in mind? I have FW Milk Chocolate, I’ll have the Cocoa Essence from TPA hopefully soon, and I also can try FW Double Dutch Chocolate if I need it…

1 Like

I’ve been chasing a good chocolate vape for a year and a half now. The best vendor’s chocolate vape I’ve found is D&D Vapor’s Caramel Brownie, which became my ADV. Then they discontinued it. So, I bought as many bottles as I could afford, and set about trying to clone it while I still had some of the original left to compare. Here is the final (I think) result. Note, in my quest to clone, I tried just about every chocolate and caramel on the market, and I tried adding all kinds of “supporting” flavors - vanillas, creams, custards, cake batter, etc… the key (for this particular flavor) wasn’t in the supporting cast, as it were, but in getting exactly the right flavorings from exactly the right brands.

I’m sure I’ll continue to tinker with it - I love the flavor too much not to play around with it, now that I know what the basic recipe is, so I’ll definitely be trying some variations - but I can say with some degree of confidence that the caramel that plays best with all chocolates is Flavor West’s Caramel Candy. Almost all the other caramels out there are great with vanillas, custards, fruits etc, but they turn chocolates strangely synthetic and rubbery tasting, and take forever to steep out. Flavor West’s Caramel Candy just tastes like caramel, and it adds that thicker mouthfeel that most people are looking for in a chocolate vape. I’m sure it’s not the only way to achieve that; I’m going to toy with creams + chocolates next, and I expect to find some good options there - but if you just want chocolate plus sweetness plus that nice density, it doesn’t have to be complicated. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agreed, FW Caramel Candy is by far the best Caramel flavor. I do use TPA Caramel (original) for some applications with good results as well…

1 Like

I have a one i call Gas Station Chocolate Donut listed on site that i like a lot. I have been trying to clone Night shift so i dropped the double chocolate (cap) and tried several coffee flavorings but no joy thus far. I find Chocolate vapes difficult because everyone like their chocolate to taste a little different. One of these days…

1 Like

[quote=“ringling, post:21, topic:13877, full:true”]Just out of curiosity, whos and which chocolates did you have in mind?
[/quote]

I’m thinking of a few…

LorAnn Chocolate
The Flavor Apprentice Bittersweet Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Double Chocolate (Clear)

I also currently have Capella Chocolate Fudge Browning and TFA White Chocolate. This should be enough to get started.

2 Likes

Just this moment I finished a new order with TFA. I did get their Cocoa Essence and their version of Milk Chocolate, but I did not think to pick up White Chocolate. Who knows, that could have wound up being a asset before it’s all said and done.Too late now. Hopefully I’ll have what I need on Monday or Tuesday. Post soon…

2 Likes

Ok guys and gals, I’m gonna try something that may sound crazy…

Kisses V2 - 0mg

Malted Milk (TPA) 4%
Milk Chocolate (TPA) 6%
Cocoa Essence (TPA) 2%
Marshmallow (FW) 2%

Malted Milk, TPA Milk Chocolate, and Cocoa Essence are all new flavors I recieved in vape mail Saturday and after using the old SNIFFER, feel these flavors just may work well together for a nice sweet and creamy milk chocolate taste. I’m gonna try to give it a whirl today or tommorrow. Hopefully the %s will work. Any thoughts anyone before I mix it up?

EDIT: Guys, Gals, Version 2 was a bust. Way to weak of flavor…

2 Likes

Sounds yummy I’m waiting to hear your results ! I’ve got to get all my chocolates out tonight and see just what I have to work with.

2 Likes

Sounds good. If it’s got enough sweetness I’d say it will be very nice. Just about to hit the send button on a big order and will be going at chocolate mixes in a few days. I feel all giddy…like the first time riding a Ferris wheel. Woot!

3 Likes

If you haven’t hit send yet, stock up on kaluha, kaluha and cream, mexican liqurer. That will probably be our next project.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the tiramisu! This turned out pretty good. If you like a coffee based mix, this will do just fine. I was sad when my first batch was gone.

2 Likes

Ok guys and gals. I just mixed up Kisses V2

It has not steeped at all, just a shake, and tasted it on my finger. I Liked It. Some of you may want to tweak to your liking. Not everyone likes the same chocolate taste. Some like dark chocolate and I was definitely shooting for milk chocolate similar to hershey kisses. Anyway, I’m gonna let this steep till tomorrow at least and head over to a couple of vape shops so they can try it and get their opinion. I do think this recipe is gonna work out so anyone needs a place to start, by all means feel free to use this recipe…

EDIT: VERSION 2 was a bust. Flavor way too weak

3 Likes

Hope it’s a success!

Well, test of V2, not as good as I hoped. Being I test in a dripper I thought I’ll blend this up in Max VG. What I didn’t think about is PG is a much better carrier of flavor and shows better results faster with less steep time. The flavor was quite weak. What I could taste I believe was on the lines of a decent chocolate, just very weak. I will say I doubt a longer steep would bring out enough flavor though. Those percentages will have to be bumped up. You always hear how weak FW flavors are compared to TFA flavors but I can see from this blend that this is not always true. Believe me if I put 6% FW Milk Chocolate in a blend, you are gonna taste chocolate. I’ll have to leave it to you guys till next week when I’ll have time to maybe try another blend. I have to get busy and do this weeks blending for my shop. I will at least think about the reformulation and post it for now…

1 Like

Here’s something else I just learned and could be part of the problem. Malted milk just my have overpowered the chocolate. It is said to be used in small quantities for this reason. Going to drop it’s use in half and hope it still will be sweet enough…

1 Like

Ok, Kisses V3

TFA Milk Chololate 10%
TFA Cocoa Essence 6%
TFA Malted Milk 2%
FW Marshmallow 2%

Boosted chocolates quite a bit, toned down the malted milk. Hope it will still be sweet enough. This will be my next attempt but not sure when I can get to it. Feel free to try it yourself…

2 Likes

Finally put in my order…I’ll share the list here in case anyone has any good ideas for me. I WILL be making chocolate recipes as soon as it arrives. Looking forward to attempting a good peppermint bark (one of my all time holiday favorites) along with some coffee and chocolate blends.

Blackberry Flavor-15ml
Blueberry (Wild) Flavor-4ml
Blueberry Flavor (Extra)-4ml
Cheesecake Flavor-15ml
Chocolate Flavor-15ml
Cinnamon Sugar Cookie-4ml
Coconut Extra Flavor-15ml
Cotton Candy Flavor-15ml
Dragonfruit Flavor-15ml
Key Lime Flavor-15ml
Marshmallow Flavor-4ml
Mexican Liqueur Flavor-4ml
Milk Chocolate Flavor-15ml
Mocha Flavor-15ml
Peach (Juicy) Flavor-15ml
Peppermint Flavor-15ml
Red Velvet Cake Flavor-15ml
Tiramisu Flavor-15ml
Vanilla (Bourbon) Flavor**-15ml
Vanillin 10 (PG)-15ml

5 Likes

Looks like some good ones for the most part. I can vouch that cotton candy, both blueberrys, cinn sugar cookie, Mexican Liquor, milk chocolate are definite good ones. Be aware the Mexican Liquor is quite strong, but seems like a good flavor. I don’t know if you have used the mocha already or not but in the TPA review thread I mentioned that TPAs Mocha smelled so bad I wouldn’t even blend with it. The rest I have not used, hope you have some good luck with some excellent flavors…

2 Likes

Oh yeah, some good choices there. Blueberry extra rocks, wonder what red velvet cake tastes like?
I’ll keep on eye on your chocolate and coffee blends, mine haven’t been anything to jump up and down about lately.

1 Like

Hmmmm, me too. I seem to be in a slump also. Instead of 50-60% turn out to be keepers, it’s been more like 20-30% keepers if that. Will admit I have been using a lot of new flavors, was sick for about 2 weeks as well, not to mention all this GRAY WEATHER here in Texas. That’s what it is, this Gray Weather is graying my blending skills LOL, or not…

1 Like