Are there any *good* chocolate vapes out there?

Well… I think I finally found a decent Chocolate vape. And it was just too simple, but I really like it LOTS.
Hope someone else will try it out and tell me what they think too:
The Camo

5 Likes

Yay you! Sometimes simple is best!

2 Likes

Hi Alisa;

There be chocolate in them there hills. Blended up version 3 today and headed over to my buddy’s shop and we sat down to try a few flavors. We all liked version three even though it had no steep time. Shake and bake! To me it tastes like a cross of a brownie and a kiss, sooooooo… I named it Brownie with a Kiss. Hope you and everyone else enjoys it.

4 Likes

Hi SthrnMixer;

Was wondering if you tried mixing with that Mocha you ordered and if so what you thought of it?

1 Like

Very nice! Sounds great. Unfortunately, I don’t have any of those flavors yet. I have a Marshmallow coming, along with Vanilla Bean Gelato, DX Hazelnut, and Vanillin, from TFA. I’ll try to get the others in my next order for sure, but it won’t be for a couple of weeks.

Please keep us updated on the flavor changes as it steeps!!

1 Like

ring…YesI have. What I was hoping for was to mimic Starbucks Peppermint Mocha which my wife loves. However, the TPA Peppermint I got was way too strong. I diluted and tried again. It was then just more of a menthol. I think perhaps I need something like Candy Cane flavor…or to otherwise create a candy cane type flavor of my own to use in blending… But…from what I could tell the Mocha from TPA is very nice. Has that half bitter, half nutty note that I like. I’m a little more than overwhelmed with new flavors and trying lots of new mixes…but add me to the ranks of people who struggle with chocolates. I’ve yet to create anything that tastes better than creosote. Will hopefully hit on something today though :smile:

2 Likes

Have you thought about trying Creme De Menthe. Perhaps that might give you that lighter, and minty, taste that you are looking for.

Hmmmm, guess I’m going to have to try to ignore the smell of the mocha from the bottle and give it a try. The real problem is I got spoiled on another mocha that was in my opinion out of this world good, even as a stand-alone. The company, Vapor Shots, who made it was already high priced and then merged with Flavor Envy. Now their prices are completely unfeasible for my purposes.

2 Likes

Creme de Menthe. Adding to my shopping list. You get that from TPA?

1 Like

Both TFA and FW carry the Creme De Menthe. I have TFAs version but haven’t tried using it yet. I personally am not into minty stuff and the one customer that likes mint blends likes something I came up with that was a Peppermint and Koolada blend so not sure when I will get around to trying it. Have not seen a review on either, sorry.

I just opened the bottle and took a wiff. Seems like strong peppermint in the bottle but TFA seems as though everything is strong when smelling it. I will say it’s not fun battling overly strong flavors sometimes. I honestly don’t know how some people do it with the small amounts some make. I blend almost everything in 100ml batches so for me to translate very minute amounts is a heck of a lot easier.

Good luck with your Peppermint Mocha…

2 Likes

I just wanted to add to this by saying stay away from the LA Creme, it tastes like Scope.

3 Likes

TPA has one called “Mint Hard Candy” that is a lite peppermint flavor. I use it with “Double Chocolate” It’s not a shake N vape but it’s pretty good after about 5 days.

2 Likes

Thanks folks. I’ll try the Mint Hard Candy too. Have you guys had any experience with TFA’s Blackberry? I have to say I’m a bit disappointed with it. First attempt tasted like soap. Of course I have never made a single flavor juice so that’s not the problem. Is it just a sucky flavor or should I use more/less? First attempt had 4% blackberry

Blackberry is not a flavor I use as a standalone, for sure. I have yet to try TFAs Blackberry. Being I have had wonderful results with FWs Blackberry, I most likely won’t. OK, yes, plug for FWs Blackberry. I have used it in a few recipes now and the results have always been good. Try some FW Blackberry, FW Hazelnut, and sweeten it up, you’ll most likely love it as I do…

2 Likes

I would recommend milk chocolate from vaperstek german flavors. I too have been searching for a perfect chocolate, and this one is bomb. Clear and heat stable as well.

I think that ultimately some kind of “chocolate stone” mixture of different vendors might be the best approach, you can leverage the advantages of all your favorites.

1 Like

Well it’s been a couple of weeks and I’m sad to say I am no closer to a good chocolate vape than I was when I started. Maybe even farther away because before I got my supplies for chocolate at least I had an idea of what I would do. Now I’m basically clueless. Thinking that TPA is not going to be the best resource for chocolate flavors. I did manage a halfway vapable test batch that over night turned into a sort of tar like, putrid liquid that reeked of poop. Yeah, I’m exaggerating. But no, it really was nasty.

I’ve thought a lot about it. And believe me…I absolutely LOVE chocolate…so perhaps I’m already a little predisposed to what I’m expecting. But what is it about chocolate that I love? Well it’s an intensity of flavor for one. I like milk chocolate ok, but give me a hot fudge cake or devils food and katy bar the door. I’m all in. So…

I’m thinking (for my tastes anyway) that a good chocolate vape will need to have that intensity of flavor. Call it a richness in chocolate flavor. But…chocolate alone is rather bitter. To go with that intense flavor you also need intense sweetness. I see a lot of attempts (and have tried some myself) where utilizing things like vanilla swirl or custards, or other milky creamy flavors is used in an apparent attempt to soften or smooth out the chocolate. That may be counter intuitive. There’s damn little vanilla used in the making of most chocolate…and aside from milk chocolate there is very little dairy. So I’m thinking a different approach may be in order. Something along the lines of the strong chocolate and sweetener with something to tie is all together kind of the way bavarian cream or custards do with many fruits. What that is I don’t know, but the quest continues.

2 Likes

It sounds like you’re on the right track with the chocolate and sweetener. Dark chocolate is basically just cocoa, cocoa butter, lecithin, and sugar, right? Maybe cocoa liqueur? Our options for sweetening without flavor are fairly limited, from what I understand. EM, sucralose, stevia, vanillin. Vape wizard might help with the mouth feel that you get from the cocoa butter, but I’ve not had luck using it yet. Maybe a touch of something in the liquor or liqueur department like rum or kahlua, or something like cinnamon? Just throwing ideas out there. I’d dive in there with you, but all I have right now are TPAs double chocolate dark and chocolate. Good luck. It seems challenging to say the least.

1 Like

Well I finally managed one that doesn’t make me feel like I’m eating shoe polish. Try this if you want and give feedback. Chocolate Milk

Will do as soon as I get the rest of those flavors. It looks good. I like the comment you made. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi all, I’m trying to make a nice hot chocolate vape. The kind you get in Costa Coffee, thick, sweet with marshmallows and whipped cream on top mmmmmmmmm :yum:

So far I have this but can’t decide if it’s finished or not. Would you kind folks mind giving it a go and let me know what you think please?

Mrs Billy Bankrupt’s Cuppa Hot Chocolate

So, I ordered the coco essence not knowing it was in their perfumery line. The packing slip had that written out in a persons handwriting beside the flavor. Looking at the msds sheet, it looks like it’s vapable. What say you?