Are you ready for some Football?

Ok , I promise to watch after some sleep! :grinning:I honestly think I have seen that one before but I canā€™t remember.
You can watch this one though , it explains about college football.

BTW , did you watch the Packers / Cowboys game? That would explain the American love of the sport far better that I could explain.:smiley:

3 Likes

Now I need to borrow @Wayne_Walker tissueā€¦ :frowning:

2 Likes

American football is like many team sports in that you have to understand the rules before you can appreciate the game. Hereā€™s a vid I found that explains the game. Iā€™ve not watched but a little of it to be honest but I think it may do a good job.

And hereā€™s a full game you can watch.

2 Likes

Well my dream game isā€¦

Packers win! :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

You know for someone who doesnā€™t care nor cares to learn about American football you sure waste a lot of time in a thread about ā€¦.AMERICAN FOOTBALL:football:
Helloā€¦ Are you really so upset about the use of the word ā€œfootballā€ you are going on a crusade on an e-liquid forum trying to change things?
Lots of threads on this forum that donā€™t interest me , so I donā€™t post in them.There is no need to try and hurt someone feelings because you donā€™t like something they care about.
Please go start your own thread about any style football you choose , I promise to not go shit all over it. Deal?

2 Likes

Sorry man, just tried to throw some fun in. Iā€™ll stay away then.

1 Like

Maybe the heading could state ā€˜American Footballā€™?

1 Like

what does the iver under mean , i undrrstand the points part but the over under im unsure of im not much of a gambling guy usually its a straight up bet with a buddy

1 Like

Never mind, i knew it was about that. And i have been warned, donā€™t make fun of american sportsā€¦

1 Like

That is a start , why make fun of anyone because they arenā€™t like you? IMO that is the biggest problem in the world today.Why can you not be happy letting people enjoy whatever they want if it doesnā€™t effect you?
Itā€™s called respect and a little bit goes a long way.

Letā€™s all donā€™t get bent out of shape over a game or the related vernacular. Hell the game of American Football is nearer an ancient arena sport than soccer - and the only reason a soccer fan or player ever talks about the pads used and such is because theyā€™ve never been tackled by a 6ā€™5" man that weighs 345 lbs and running head on at 20mph. Thatā€™s the wake up call right there! Personally a hit like that would probably kill me but whether dead or not, I would surely soil myself. :slight_smile:

Nah, we got enough troubles in this olā€™ world that we donā€™t need to worry over the petty stuff. And besides - why doe we need to argue over football, American or otherwise, when there are sports like Shin Kicking in the world? Holy shitballs, they look like some demented scarecrows. And whatā€™s up with those lab coats. Cā€™mon man! :laughing:

3 Likes

On any game they have bets concerning everything.One of the most popular is the over/under.The odds makerā€™s will give a total number of points and you can choose to bet the teams will score more or less.
It is just another way to bet on games.I actually prefer betting the over/under ā€œpoint totalā€ it is easier for myself.
Green Bay vs. Atlanta has the over under at 58.5 points so if you take the under and they score a combined total of less that 58 you win and if they score a combined point total of 59 points you loose your bet.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry you see it this way. Never mind - Iā€™ll follow the advice more carefully next time. Perhaps @daath can delete the related messages.

I started this thread @anon60225325 and itā€™s for everyone, including those who have a different understanding of what the word football means. To be honest, soccer is more popular than American football by orders of magnitude. I donā€™t get it because I donā€™t care for the sport. That doesnā€™t mean soccer fans donā€™t have a voice in the thread. Bring it on!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We are even weirder in Australia, if you live in the south middle & west parts of the country (Victoria, South Australia, Northern Territory & Western Australia). That is me, we call Australian Rules Football, football or footy, it is our most popular winter sport. However, if you live in the east and north east (New South Wales & Quernsland) you will call ā€œRugby Leagueā€ football or footy. Mind you not ā€œRugbyā€ this is a different sport. We play Rugby and am good at it weā€™ve won the most world cups but thatā€™s our 4th biggest winter sport. 1st like the Americans we have our own invented football, Australian Rules Football, 2nd Rugby League, 3rd Soccer(football) & last Rugby.

The first 2 are heavy honey contact sports with rugby league heavy body contact they were pads but a lot smaller then what we call grid-iron. We recognise if we were standing 1m apart about to smash into each other we would want them too. What Australians find most frustrating about Grid-iron is the stop start nature. Out winter sports are continuous. However over the last 10 years the popularity of the NFL has grown and we can now watch it on our free to air channels. There you go the upside down way of looking at it.

Go the bombers, sea eagles, victory, rebels & 49ers (jeez how many footballs to I follow)

2 Likes

Sounds good to me , bring it on!..after all the political memes thread worked so well! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I still feel that if we simply respect each other and treat other the way we want to be treated the world will be a much better place.
If you must belittle someone because they have different tastes then I guess itā€™s just on you.Lots of thoughts and ideas that I donā€™t agree with but who the hell am I to tell someone they are wrong.

1 Like

i get it ty , i kinda thought that but was unsure

2 Likes

Enjoying the thread, giving me a taste of what you septic tanks call football. Which I really like I see the passions for following your team is no different whatever your shape of ball.

I thought he was just teasing, tongue in cheek. Itā€™s a fine line I suppose and the modern mediums of emails, threads & texts make it harder to pickup the subtleties of intent. Just my worthless cents worth.

I am not having a go at anyone or anything but there is a time and a place for intolerance though. As an extreme example ISIS and a more relatable is when I myself make a dick of myself trying to be self righteous. Which I do often. This forum more than any other Iā€™ve been a part of has taught me more about myself then any Iā€™ve been a part of.

The warm embrace of its participants with also the firm slap on the wrist when required. I can say pat yourselves all on the back ELR ers. Rambling gush over.

Now back to your so called football. Lol

3 Likes

I thought so as well until he posted the video and said that was him except he is on the couch.The video showed three people screaming at a large group of people about American Football not actually being football.If he is truly on his couch screaming then I have no use for it.
That is the problem with having to interact with words alone , you never know if someone is joking or being a dick.
He has several posts in a chess thread , not many people enjoy chess anymore including myself but does that mean I should go to that thread and make fun or ridicule the ones that do as he did here?
Again it is about respect and tolerance , treat people the way you wish to be treated it is that simple.

2 Likes