Attracting Moskitos

You know that nicotine is a powerful insecticide?

I wonder what would happen if you upped the nicotine % in your vape? that wouldn’t prevent them from being attracted, but maybe they’d regret it pretty fast?

I use leftover juice for fruit-fly control. It’s incredibly effective. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Guess I’ll just douse myself in SSS, cuz I can’t do without my 'cados !!!

4 Likes

I would have a swarm of relaxed mosquitoes ticks and flies’ biting me :laughing: btw I’m type 0 too

2 Likes

I believe this has been disproven think it says it in the article i posted. Just thinking about what you said with nic being a pesticide i have a heep of nic that i left out in the sun and heat it is very peppery but i wonder if i can use it on my vegies in low doses say 6mg or 3mg in a spray bottle :thinking:

2 Likes

nicotine spray is a traditional , natural insecticide, quite commmonly used in gardens. Gardeners used to make it by steeping cigarette butts in water. I read the formula somewhere , but haven’t seen it to translated to a (surely much more convenient ) e-juice formula.

I’ve also read sonewhere-or-other that it’s no longer considered environmentally sound and that people should stop using nicotine spray on their gardens, but when I searched again for same article, couldn’t find it, nor anything similar. Just noting that in passing, just in case there’s something in it.

4 Likes

https://www.hunker.com/12166118/how-to-make-a-nicotine-insecticide

4 Likes

Ah! I didn’t read past the first chunk of your article, cos it turned out to be one of those annoying things that chop the story up into bite -sized portions like a slide show ( There must be a word for those, but sorry! i don’'t know it), Experience says these are bad for my PC, and often riddled with malware. So , if any such atricle catches my interest, I now Google the subject and invariably find a more user-friendly version.

2 Likes

@Benoz i work in central Queensland and have definitely noticed i get cained by mozzies when vaping outside…itchy right now!

2 Likes

Aussie boy you know what i am saying brother probably more actually as your in the tropics there bro

1 Like

Mate at a mining camp just outside the Whitsundays. The second i pull the asmodus out I turn into qld/toad mozzie bate. There not as pretty as the southern mozzies though :wink:

1 Like

Yer i call them hypodermic flying spiders lol

2 Likes

We get clouds of them here in Florida, USA. There is a lot of swampy land where I live. On one of our first hikes in the area, as soon as we stepped under the cover and shade of trees, a cloud came…

We ran away, back to the car! tenor

3 Likes

I can confirm this. I’m type O+ and when I’m around, nobody else gets bitten. That being said, I would really like to understand how a mosquito knows what kind of blood I have from a distance :slight_smile:

Usually when I’m in the Caribbean, after week 2 I’ve got about 50 bites on my legs alone (add a couple dozen for my arms and hands)… Just this morning, I sprayed my legs in with a repellent and just when I put down the bottle, I felt something and saw a big fat mosquito sipping from my veins where I had just sprayed.

It’s the first time I’m here vaping and I’m actually getting bitten a bit less. After nearly a week, I only have about 20 bites all over my body (not just my legs). It’s rainy season with lots of breeding puddles everywhere, so there is an abundance of them around. I’ve been mainly vaping fruity juices and every time I have these buggers around me, I blow a plume of vapor towards them and they’re gone (for a few seconds).

Despite all the years I’ve spent in the tropics, I guess it’s a bit of a miracle I’ve never gotten dengue, west nile virus or zika. I’m pretty confident however that my vaping doesn’t do much to attract these biters, I’ve had it much. Could be my mxing too of course.

More myths I think… my wife loves her fruits and salty stuff, yet she rarely gets bitten. I on the other hand don’t eat nearly enough of these things but they can pick me out of a crowd.

4 Likes

Oh same here but I honestly don’t care how they know. It’s so annoying :frowning:

During the summer I wash my hair with peppermint scented shampoo, light citrus scented candles and vape citrus mixes, use a couple drops of peppermint oil as perfume (avoiding real parfume, lotions, body wash etc) This doesn’t eliminate it but it gives me only 25 bites instead of 40 :rofl:

If I’m on the balcony I surround myself with little pots of mints, but you can’t really carry them around with you at the beach…would look a bit weird!

2 Likes

I did vape some lemon meringue… may explain why i’ve been bitten slightly less.

3 Likes

Is there any citronella concentrates lol

2 Likes

We have a bearing citronella tree right here from which we make our own citronella oils. Hasn’t been helping for me but I know it does the trick for others.
I think the only think working for ppl like me would be a hazmat suit

2 Likes

https://www.avon.com/category/bath-body/skin-so-soft

Really odd but really effective at keeping Skeeters at bay. Works better than actual repellent. Plus, it smells good and leaves you feeling lush, smooth, and moisturized.

3 Likes

is only thing that keeps me some what protected

2 Likes

I can confirm that this works. My grandmother has a house in Maine. You can see the wall of mosquitos coming at dusk but good old skin so soft had kept the mosquitos away from us for years.

2 Likes