Bad ejuice

Hi all. I am new to vaping and I have made some good recipes so far. I have also made so horrible ones that have a real perfume taste and smell to them. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this issue. Thanks.

You could try letting them breath for a few hours or even over night. Shake the bottle and then leave them uncapped.

1 Like

Depernds on the recipe… Usually perfumeyness goes away as it ages… Some recipes needs to age for a month or two!

2 Likes

We’re the flavors you used alcohol or oil based? If so you can let them sit for a day or so with the bottle open. That will give the alcohol a chance to evaporate out. If the flavor was oil based, I have no clue how to fix that.

1 Like

OR what daath said. I would take his advice over mine.

1 Like

You shouldn’t vape it. :astonished:

3 Likes

I am using Capella and tfa concentrates, I’m not sure if they are oil or alcohol based

1 Like

I know you shouldn’t vape oil based anything, but I’ve seen a couple of the new folks that do. Usually associated with Loraan flavors. :grinning:
Also keep what Josephine said in mind, if it’s oil based you shouldn’t vape it at all.

1 Like

Capella and TFA should be fine. The only thing else I can recommend ( keep in mind that I am FAR from being experienced at this). Is to follow daath’s advice and just let them steep for a while.

1 Like

They’re PG based, most of em.

1 Like

I thought they were pg or vg based concentrates. Thanks everyone for your help. I suppose being patient will probably help me in the long run. Thanks again.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it is right or wrong but I always stir my mixes for 2 hours on the mag-mixer and then let them rest in the beaker, covered with a paper towel for 10 hours before bottling them. Sniff testing after the stir and after the rest confirm that any floral or chemical smell is greatly reduced or eliminated completely. I also notice they take less time to steep since I adopted this process.

1 Like

Here is a good recipe I made. I would like to share it for all of your help.

2 Likes

Maybe I missed this point above, but perfume-ish tastes/smells can be from too high of a mix % as well. As others have stated, letting it breath, and steep can help offset flavors, tone down high mixes, etc.

1 Like

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. Oil should only be used …

2 Likes