Bakery flavours: what should I buy?

I’ve been DIYing for a while, and have amassed a collection of fruits, creams, and custards. I’m planning to take the plunge into bakery flavours (cakes, pastries, pies, etc.) and want to know what flavours I should put on my “must have” list before my next flavouring order. In terms of bakery flavours I already have:
Apple Pie (TPA)
Brown Sugar (TPA)
Cake (Yellow) (FW) - yes, I know this one’s a little sketchy.
Churro (CAP)
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA)
Sugar Cookie (CAP)
Vanilla Cupcake (TPA)

On my “must have” list already:
Biscuit (INW)
Cookie (FA)
Pie Crust (TPA)
Butter (TPA) OR Golden Butter (CAP) - which is better?

Anyone have some thoughts on indispensible bakery flavourings? I’d love to get some feedback on what other mixers can’t live without for bakery juices instead of just buying whatever sounds good.

4 Likes

If you are interested in making some of the top rated recipes, I’d look at this thread and pick out the bakery flavors that sound good to you ( and it looks like you already have a good start on that).

6 Likes

You have a good start list. That’s much better than mine was!

3 Likes

Here’s a great thread I know you said you’ve been DIY’n for a while so ignore the beginner’s title it has a ton of good info in it !

I would look into FA, INW, FLV, MF, RF-SC all of these have great bakery concentrates !

I have some favs from TFA Caps and FW as well.

Tbo thou I don’t care for TFA pie crust it’s bitter and comes off harsh. Churro Caps came off Odd- Playdoh like at times them sometimes very oily it’s strange smells great but taste doesn’t transcend into the juice.

Apple Pie I’d go for FA
Cookie FA and Biscuit INW both are winners

Sugar cookie Cap or FW both good so is RF-SC

Yellow Cake - try Caps it is clean and not sketchy :wink: and taste great also so does FLV’s cupcake batter !

GCC is prob the cleanest of all the Graham Crackers

I’d choose Golden Butter over Butter TFA that one tastes too buttery like pop corn. Another good one that tastes great is Butter Cream FW and it doesn’t have a butterscotch like taste like Caps has.

6 Likes

Golden butter is more like whipped butter while TFA is like a clarified butter. I prefer Caps. I think Cap also does bakery/cereal flavors well. Cap Cereal 27 tastes like buttery cornflakes and their funnel cake is great also. A better pie crust then TFA is NicVapes version. One of my favorite bakeries flavors ever is German Flavors cookie. It is a heavenly light bakery flavor that contains no AP and tastes almost like sugary pie crust. Just started testing FLV cookie and have purilum cookie on the way. Biscuit is heavy in AP (Acetyl Pyrazine) so use it sparingly. FA cookie is magic. It can shift a profile in the direction you want it too. FA apple pie is mainly crust and a nice addition to any pie recipe.

4 Likes

check out what @Amy2 posted its the best thing to read regarding flaves imo

2 Likes

Thank you ! I know that thread is going to help many ppl if they’ll take some time to look it over. :+1:

2 Likes

My spin:
Bakery listed in order of strength/favorability:
CA Sugar Cookie,TFA Belgian Waffle,FW Yellow Cake,INA Biscuit,TFA Pie Crust,TFA Vanilla Cupcake,TFA Frosted Donut,FA Cookie,TFA Graham (all) Cracker Clear
Sub (unique) Bakery:
TFA Cinnamon Danish,FW Cinnamon Roll
In tend to stay away from high end($) flavors only because I have not finished experimenting with the low end.
FW Cake Batter Dip , FA Metaphor are both on my next to do list.

1 Like

im wondering what you consider high end ??

1 Like

its a great write up and hopefully people read and let it sink in , learning how to use the super concentrates early will be beneficial in the long run

2 Likes

i agree INW, MF, FLV, RF, FA, VZ, Bakers or SC(china) are all invaluable flavorings that can take a mix from so so to A+. There are also many underated brands that are very very good. I encourage everyone to try NicVape. Euro flavors has some great flavors, chefs vapour(cupcake world) Molinberry,German flavors also have many good flavoring. Of all these flavorings none, other than MF, are an obscene price considering the usage rates. You can even get MF as Lotus brand at Ecigxpress for $3.99. Ironically off all thr flavors out there TFA and FW has the most “off” flavorings and are have more difficult all over the map ideal %s

3 Likes

http://www.bullcityflavors.com/search.php?search_query=+Biscotti&x=13&y=6

2 Likes

Looks like you’re aiming for a pie or two, so my recommendation is to get yourself some Flavorah’s Apple Filling :yum:

2 Likes

Look around OOOs general list for “Bakery” flavors. The Pie Crust is smack on target both right out of the bottle and steeped. I was thinking one of their sample packs was Bakery but it’s either Breakfast or Cereal.
https://www.oooflavors.com/collections/sample-pack
Add the 25% discount code and it’s a sweet deal.
eliquidrecipes-25
http://store.flavorah.com/All-Vaping-Flavors_c_8.html
Another great company with an excellent 20% discount code from ELR
ELRECIPES20
http://www.realflavors.com/welcome-elr-friends/?aff=5
Real Flavors standing 10% off
ELR10
Plenty more discount codes on the resource page.
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/resources

1 Like

If you like a baked cinnamon flavor, get some FLV Rich Cinnamon. It’s a little pricey at the front end, but a little goes a LONG way. I’m a cinnamon freak, and this is the only flavoring I’ve found that can scratch that itch. SO TASTY!!! I’ve been using it at 0.3 % and it’s perfect.

1 Like

doesnt the potency of flavorah or other super concentrates typically go further, so in theory they are cheaper

3 Likes

At 3.5% I can make 857ml with 30ml of RF SC that cost 6.95 per bottle, and far cheaper when buying larger bottles.

If I mix a TFA at 15% (some would prefer 20% obv) I can only make a 200ml bottle with 30ml of flavoring.

2 Likes

thats what i was getting at , some people dont realize that its cheaper , dont get me wring each company has their ( have to haves ) for me anyway , like tpa Honeydew and that shit is potent and lovely to mix but you cant compare apples and oranges

3 Likes

You have a point, but then again 3 times the price vs twice the usage still is not a deal. Granted FLV may taste better to some and worth it but the FW’s taste Biscotti. could be the preferred taste to others. My point is I would rather get use to FW if there is an almost 3:1 price diff. and 2:1 usage. If I did not like FW, I would buy FAV.
My rule of thumb, try/buy as many flavors you can for as little money possible and move up to the top tier flavors only when my tastes tell me to. YMMV

3 Likes

what is ymmv sorry lol ?

2 Likes