Banana flavor Thread

This is a thread for helping people find a good banana.

So far I have two banana flavors FW Banana and LA Banana Cream.

Both are fantastic!

But I find they make my stomach upset after a while. I am vaping the normal amount, so I am not over-vaping. I’m not sure why this is happening, I really love the flavors but they almost make me sick to my stomach.

Has anyone ever had any experience with this?

6 Likes

What else are you mixing with them?

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but I can’t help you with your problem, but I just want to say I most welcome a banana flavor thread. Yeei. Researching for next months order. Hope you get some answers to your question.

4 Likes

I get that with caramels and some creams if I vape too heavy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Vape another flavor without banana but using the same PG/VG ratio. There could be a chance that you’re sensitive to PG. I like TFA’s Banana (Ripe) but I only use a couple drops of it in most of the banana recipes i’ve created so far. The banana flavoring is very strong. Maybe try your recipes again but cut the banana % in half and see if that helps?

2 Likes

I use LA banana cream and TFA banana cream and TFA banana, no ill side effects that I know of :confused:

2 Likes

@Beaufort_Batches

I am mixing both of them by themselves. I know its the flavor, for sure.
Oh well, ill just take it easy and maybe around for other bananas.

I have heard that TFA Banana Ripe is good. Any opinions?

@Metatron
I will have to do that, mixing today and that will be one of the things I do. Will report back on how it goes.

3 Likes

I like the bananas you have and TFA Banana Ripe, also FA Banana with a little FA Pear to sweeten it. Tastes just like a Banana shake with some FA Cream and FA Vienna Cream and a little caramel.

4 Likes

This just occurred to me as well… where did you order your flavor from and how old is it? These flavor concentrates do expire after about a year or so. Im guilty, i have several concentrates over a year old and they still taste great. Even kept in the cupboard, no refridgeration for the year. If it is in an original bottle, that would be more reassuring, but i usually order from wizardlabs. So everything is repackaged in glass bottles, which i love! But the service team may not have shaken the bottle before dumping it into a new bottle for you, which would leave you with just the top of their mixture and if its a flavor that separates, itll be aweful… just trying to exhaust all options for you.

4 Likes

Personally I’m loving (TFA) Bananas Foster!!

[quote=Pentine]I really love the flavors but they almost make me sick to my stomach.

Has anyone ever had any experience with this?[/quote]
Absolutely yes. So far thankfully, it’s only limited to one flavor: (FW) Butter Pecan.
The negative effects are almost instantaneous, and it’s not from a percentage point of view, nor from over vaping. But whichever ingredient it is that’s the culprit, my body does not like it. =(

Sadly though, that means that Alisa’s Bust A Nut is off the table for me now. (Took me a little bit to figure out which flavor was causing it, as that was lower in the cue for single flavor testing)

5 Likes

TPA Banana Nut Bread is very good. To be honest, TPA Ripe Banana is the only banana flavor that I absolutely did not like.

5 Likes

I use Capella banana in two of my recipes with no ill effect.

3 Likes

I was using DX Banana Cream (TPA) in several recipes, at around 2.5% or so for a nice banana tinge. In larger amounts, however, it kinda tastes like Laffy Taffy. I started playing with substituting Ripe Banana (TPA) at .5% and while I dig the more natural flavor, the percentage is way high for what I’m doing. I’ll try again at maybe .25% and see if I like that better than the DX.

3 Likes

use the banana sauce luke… ’ I agree" wickedly Good flave that one,cant seem to get enough ,throw a little vanilla bean ice cream in there and it is just moreish

2 Likes

My two recipes are at 1.5% and 2% of the CAP Banana

3 Likes

I’ve found that a drop or two of TFA banana ripe is enough for most mixes in 30ml bottles. More like banana RAPE from how overpowering it is!! I tried making a frosted flakes with banana recipe a few weeks ago. Two drops overpowered the entire 30ml mix for me!! Next time I’ll try only one drop and let it steep lnger than a week!

2 Likes

So when inputting a recipe, would you suggest… .25% as a starting point for TPA ripe banana? Or start lower than that?

1 Like

If you want a hint of banana, I would suggest to make your recipe (30ml bottle) as if it had no banana flavoring and add only one drop of TFA banana Ripe at the end. If you want a strong banana flavoring then 0.25% would be a good start. This stuff is strong, so if you make a bottle at 0.25% and it doesn’t seem strong enough try adding a couple more drops until youre satisfied. A couple drops should not effect the pg/vg ratio very much. And you will begin to dial in what percentage you may like prefer. Also, this way you will not waste too much liquid through your trials and errors!

2 Likes

Yeah, I do that with TPA Caramel Capuccino, and FA Cocoa. The only trick is, when you adapt the recipe for a larger bottle size, you have to be sure and update your notes. I hosed myself once moving down to a smaller bottle size, lol.

3 Likes

Well, after some more purchases, I seem to have found some good banana flavors.

FlavourArt- Banana: Tastes good, but almost spicy? Used at 5% will have to try it lower.

Inawera- Banana: This one was tried at 3% and it tastes like it has cinnamon in it! Is this just too high a percentage or did I get a bad batch?

Lorann- Banana Cream- This one is delicious and has no ill effects on my body. Using at 4%, 5 seemed to overpower.

Will have to try TFA- Ripe Banana and any others? Maybe Capella from the looks of it.

6 Likes