Banana flavor Thread

I’ve found that a drop or two of TFA banana ripe is enough for most mixes in 30ml bottles. More like banana RAPE from how overpowering it is!! I tried making a frosted flakes with banana recipe a few weeks ago. Two drops overpowered the entire 30ml mix for me!! Next time I’ll try only one drop and let it steep lnger than a week!

2 Likes

So when inputting a recipe, would you suggest… .25% as a starting point for TPA ripe banana? Or start lower than that?

1 Like

If you want a hint of banana, I would suggest to make your recipe (30ml bottle) as if it had no banana flavoring and add only one drop of TFA banana Ripe at the end. If you want a strong banana flavoring then 0.25% would be a good start. This stuff is strong, so if you make a bottle at 0.25% and it doesn’t seem strong enough try adding a couple more drops until youre satisfied. A couple drops should not effect the pg/vg ratio very much. And you will begin to dial in what percentage you may like prefer. Also, this way you will not waste too much liquid through your trials and errors!

2 Likes

Yeah, I do that with TPA Caramel Capuccino, and FA Cocoa. The only trick is, when you adapt the recipe for a larger bottle size, you have to be sure and update your notes. I hosed myself once moving down to a smaller bottle size, lol.

3 Likes

Well, after some more purchases, I seem to have found some good banana flavors.

FlavourArt- Banana: Tastes good, but almost spicy? Used at 5% will have to try it lower.

Inawera- Banana: This one was tried at 3% and it tastes like it has cinnamon in it! Is this just too high a percentage or did I get a bad batch?

Lorann- Banana Cream- This one is delicious and has no ill effects on my body. Using at 4%, 5 seemed to overpower.

Will have to try TFA- Ripe Banana and any others? Maybe Capella from the looks of it.

6 Likes

I like Banana by Flavorah , Capella’s is pretty good too. Banana Cream TFA and Banana Ripe TFA are really good but that Ripe is potent as all get out. FA’s Banana is kinda off to me not as enjoyable as TFA’s ripe but FA’s is kinda on the weaker side. INW Banana I have not tried so I am glad I read your comments on it. I’ll have to keep it in mind. Also Banana Cream LA is great yet overpowers easily as you’ve noticed. TFA’ Banana Nut Bread doesn’t seem as it has enough bananas in it really needs an additional banana.

3 Likes

Strange, the TFA ripe banana isnt that strong for me, just squirted it in my mouth, delicious!

2 Likes

That sux I just git a bottle of TPA Banana (ripe) made a few mixes but have not tried it yet

1 Like

Anybody smell cinnamon in bano (banana FA)
??

3 Likes

Nope but it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s lemon zest, clove, eggnog or nutmeg in it :rofl:

Sry Laura couldn’t resist. Hope it doesn’t have any of that.

2 Likes

Butt head. That would be crazy! Ha

2 Likes

Ummmm. OK, I am now gonna be completely predictable and mention Banana (MF) , since nobody else has :open_mouth: Haven’t played with it enough to quite make a personal recommendation, but heard some very good reports from the usual suspects (eg @Pro_Vapes) , and am liking it a lot thus far :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Banana shisha from INW tastes awesome, kinda like a banana runt, stuff is strong to so a little goes a long ways, banana cream from TPA is also good for a single flavor banana cream.

2 Likes

I’ve had some success with Banana Cream DX (TPA) …oh wait do “creams” count here :smirk:

1 Like

Yes, I had the same effect with INW Banana as well. Have been using LA Banana Cream, mostly. Might branch out later. From the people in this thread, FLV Banana is good. TPA Banana Ripe is awfully chemically. Even when used at low percentages.

MF Banana is good, but very raw (duh…) so it needs something to give it more of a sweet body.

Never tried Banana Shisha INW, it seems their shisha line is better suited towards vaping as shisha is a burnable substance and can withstand heat.

Tried Banana Cream DX TPA, very lackluster and almost bland. May have to use it higher.

6 Likes

Just tested the DX Banana cream with a Boss reserve Clone… tasted it and… where’s the Banana??? :joy:That to say you’re right “No Banana” have to raise it!

3 Likes

I’ve been using Banana Cream (TPA) and thought it was OK. A bit artificial, like those sugar coated banana candies and I’m not getting that much cream off of it (but I have a general issue picking up creams in flavors).
It’s a fairly strong flavor and can easily overpower a mix.

I was told LorAnns Banana cream was so much better, which I specifically bought to try the Strawnana Custard from Ken, but it’s not a huge difference IMO. Chefs did send me the colored one :rage: I’m not sure if the colorless is any different in taste but because of the coloring it’s mainly sitting there collecting dust.

4 Likes

Inw Banana is my go to at 2-2.5./. But I also like tpa fosters and cream also! Most of the banana flavors are good and personally have had no issues with any of them. I do feel the fosters and cream need a bit of a boost in the banana sector but have noticed inw banana doesn’t really need it. I usually keep my banana toned down though for my personal taste! There’s one mix I’ve been making for awhile now that I keep going to just because it’s absolutely tasty after a month steep!
Rather then type it I’ll just post it! If any else has a great banana mix please post! That way we can get some great recipe ideas! Thanks all! I know @Sprkslfly has a nice one using fosters and I’m sure everyone else has too!

7 Likes

When I have a flavor I like that I just can’t seem to regulate down to the point I want I will do a 50/50 of it and either PG or VG, This way you start a a lower starting point. One little tidbit I will offer is to bottle it and give it a very unique name so you know you are using a diluted version. And won’t get them confused.

2 Likes

We did have a banana discussion over here in this topic too, I’ll leave the link because maybe it can be helpful to some still looking for banana from some not so known/popular vendors :wink:

5 Likes