Base eliquid mixing

I am looking for some advice on mixing my base mix in 1L bottles, I mix at 60%VG and 40%PG 6MG NIC. is there a Calculator just for mixing base? I will be adding nic to it and premix concentrates as an when I am ready. my method would be to use the calculator on hear and add the pg and VG together then add the nic and the flavouring. any thoughts would be great thanks. I use pre-mixed concentrates too like drip hacks.

1 Like

This may be done but I would think it would be difficult to accomplish without compromising your recipe selections. Most, not all, but most flavor concentrates are pg based and recipes have a wide range of flavor percentages all an effect on your percentages that negates the ability to use a premixed vg/pg base mix. Just my thoughts

4 Likes

I think that the current trend is to premix your concentrates into what are referred to as “Stones” and then using that to add to your VG, PG and nicotine. That way, your end ratios are still right where you want them, as the calculator tracks the PG content of the “Stone” so as not to skew the final ratio,

2 Likes

ahh, stones could you explain this as I have never heard of it before?

1 Like

Here’s what I do when I use a base with pg/vg/nic. First I figure out the median flavor % that I will be mixing with. Let’s say that’s 10% flavor. Then I make a recipe with the elr calculator that has 10% flavor and my desired pg/vg ratio, and nic level. Make a large batch of that, but leave out the actual flavoring. Then you’re ready to mix with it. If you add 10% flavoring then you’re recipe will be perfect. If you mix at say 15% flavor then your pg will go up a tiny bit and your nic level will go down a bit. And vice versa, if you mix a recipe with it that is lower on flavor then your vg will be a little higher than your target and so will your nic level. If you don’t mind your ratios being slightly different from batch to batch, then this is a good way to speed along your mixing process a little bit. If you do mind it not being exact, I’d recommend not doing a base.

4 Likes

Aka oneshots.
Say you like this recipe and want to make lots of it
Smooth Morning Kick : Check cookies

0.40% Booster (Tiramisu) (FA)
1.50% Cream Fresh (FA)
0.40% Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso) (FA)
0.50% Vanilla Tahity (FA)
0.50% Vienna Cream (FA)

Flavor total: 3.3%

You click the blue wrench top right and select one shot

You get to this

4 Likes

I’ve got this far now how do you use the calculator to mix this once you have made this up? Hope I’m making sense of the question I’m trying to ask

I understand that you now go to create recipe put the amount to
Make pg/vg Nic but what do you do next for the mixed flavour (stone) whatever you Call you have mentioned above how is that added go to add flavour type in what exactly this is where I’m confused

So I make a one shot of say morning kick
As mentioned above so I make this and now I want to use it how do I put these figures into the flavour description when I’m ready to make a recipe with it do you just put % to use in mixes no flavour description??

The stone is meant to be used as a single flavor, at the total recipe percentage. For instance, smooth morning kick have a total of 3,3% of flavor, so put 3,3% of the stone, add pg vg and nic to your preference.

Stone is meant to simplified the mixing process.

1 Like

You can add the stone to your flavour stash as Morning Kick (stone) and input that in add flavour. As for the percentage used, it’s exactly as @delltrapp says.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I wanted the answer to thankyou

1 Like

You are very welcome, just glad I could help out :+1: