Battle of the Bottles?!? + Poll

Just wondering which type of bottles everyone uses and why, I know this has been discussed in a few places however I am going to be making a video on this soon and would like an idea of the most popular bottles and reasons from the community as to why certain bottles are preferred. Oh and how you find that it affects steeping if at all :slight_smile:

Note that the poll is only on the material of the bottle not its style, but if you have a style preference (eg unicorn bottles) then I would love to hear why!

Iā€™m hoping I can learn a lot of everyone here :slight_smile:

Which type of bottle is your favorite to use ?

• PET Plastic
  • LDPE Plastic
  • HDPE Plastic
  • Clear Glass
  • Amber Glass
  • Metal (please specify in the comments)
  • Other (please specify in the comments)

0 voters

If I have missed yours please select other and comment with what you use, if you use cobalt glass please select the amber glass option :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I use cobalt glass bottles :grin:

4 Likes

ugh I knew I was missing one :frowning:

1 Like

I just checked the amber box, close enough

2 Likes

To store ingredients I use glass (as another stated cobalt blue), for the juice I make from those ingredients I use plastic. Because of that, I selected plastic on the poll thinking your talking about the end product.

2 Likes

I use the amber glass for mix/storage and then fill up a unicorn bottle after steeping for on the go.

2 Likes

@Gambit117 , Iā€™m legit gutted about that, on my last poll I missed something off and I spent about 10 mins this time thinking ā€œyep thats definitely everythingā€ -_- . @CallMeTut ahh thats interesting, do you pour all your flavours into glass bottles then? Or are they supplied to you in glass bottles?? And yeah thats what the poll is for but thats really interesting that you do that

2 Likes

ahh interesting, so you use glass for steeping and then use plastic for everyday use , thats getting the best of both worlds :smiley:

2 Likes

Pretty blue cobalt glass for me and LDPE for any I give out cos I donā€™t mind so much if they never come back :grin:

3 Likes

If it comes in plastic I normally just leave it as it isā€¦ the exception is if the ingredients are larger purchases (60ml or larger) like what I would get from Nic River occasionally or if the bottles come in the hard plastic like from Real Flavors.

2 Likes

yeah makes sense @Lolly , Iā€™ve done that before :joy: (although only ever had amber glass, is there any difference???) and @CallMeTut ahh I get you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just the prettiness I think :laughing:

3 Likes

@Lolly typical lady :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I use green glass bottles. Simply because I like green.

5 Likes

I like the clear glass so I can monitor the color of the liquid during steeping, I keep the clear glass in a box and in a dark closet to eliminate light.

7 Likes

I use PET(E) in 8oz and 2oz,LDPE in 30ml and 10ml (sample size for people). Also us amber bostons for extra long steeping.

3 Likes

Pretty much the same here. I do have amber and cobalt as well (for nic protection purposes) but I keep the house as dark as I can get it since Iā€™m frequently up nights and sleep days. Iā€™m rarely out in the sun for long, so clear is the preference for my needs and situation.

If I know Iā€™m going to be traveling I load up the cobalt (though it irks me that they donā€™t hold the full 30ml, while the amber and clear do. I just hate the amber color though. lol

FWIW, glass for flavors, and mixes alike in this house.

5 Likes

Like many here, glass for mixing/storing and plastic on the go.
I have a friend who has the resources to purchase 120ml ejuice and
doesnā€™t want to ā€˜mess aroundā€™ with mixing, so I get all his glass bottles
with stoppers. ( He is a heavy user, so I have mucho bottlesā€¦ )

4 Likes

You should have just glass/any glass.

4 Likes

Checked amber, but also use cobalt blue and green glass bottles. Glass for storing ingredients, mixing/steeping juice, and then into smaller glass bottles for use. Plastic bottles used when traveling.

2 Likes