BAZOOKA Sour Straws DIY

I am going to try this now. I’ll be back soon.

Yes. In my opinion it is very close. I put 13% sour belts (OOO), some sweet strawberry (CAP) and sweetener (sucralose). I can hartly tell the difference. It’s good enough for me at least.

2 Likes

Allright, I’ll order the OOO right now en let you know as soon as possible. Thanks a lot for thinking with me !

2 Likes

Niiiice. Thanks too. Another one for me to check out soon.

also, Real Flavors has a Sour Gummy flavor:
http://www.realflavors.com/product/sour-gummy/

Allright, after some testing things out. This is as close as it gets. I would say 90% the same as bazooka strawberry. It’s not just there yet but it’s pretty good. Good enough anyway. The real Bazooka has a slightly more pronounced yummie candy strawberry taste and strawberry ripe TPA doesn’t cut it. Now the Bazooka apple is the next one I’ll be chasing. I’ll start with Fuji apple as a base flavor and work from there.

1 Like

Yes, I think they have used that flavor when making it. Something is missing and me either can not put my finger on it what it is, but im new in this mixing thing… Maybe it’s some kind of additive or something. But it is very VERY expensive liquid for ADV, 40 a bottle… even it isn’t the most expensive, they are making big profit. I am ok with this 3 euros ooo strawberry!

Maybe since they might use that sb sour belts by ooo, maybe they also use sb candy by ooo?

1 Like

If I used jelly candy, sour gummy, super sweet, and lime tahity what % would you suggest?

I dont use Sucralose so i cannot advise on its use. I do advice you replace it with a safer alternative that doesnt mask or mute flavor. I use Pyure (liquid stevia) or Erythritol. As far as the candy flavors go i have noticed they have a tendency to overpower other flavors. I would support the Lime tahiti with other lime flavors or lemon flavors. If i had only those 3 flavors to work with i would probably use
7% Cap jelly
4% RF sour gumny
3% Lime Tahiti

I’m going for a sweet, tart lime sour patch kid. I’m going to give those percentages a go. Thanks!

I also have Swedish Gummy which is essentially a sour patch kid without the sour sugar. Just can’t seem to get the percentage right on any gummy concentrate.

To make sourpatch candy, sour RF sour gummy wont be enough IMO. It has a nice neutral gummy taste with only a hint of sour. I would look at getting a sour apple flavor. DIY flavor shack has one that is okay but i prefer Euro flavors sour apple 2-3% will give you that punch. Swedish berry may work here i maybe 2% I would also add orange and lemon for an authentic sour patch kids

1 Like

OMG I have been scrounging the forums for anyone using this flavor (EuroFlavors, Sour Apple).

I was wondering what % you would recommend for it, I know you said 3%, but what about solo? I had it at 3% and it was a bit weak, what is the max you have pushed it? I have it now at 6% and it is starting to give an off taste. I know I am kind of answering my own question, but I would love a second opinion. I truly enjoy it and want to get the most out of this flavor.

Aaaaaaalso…

I haven’t found much in the way of flavor or sour taste with RF SC Sour Gummy, have you had any luck with it?

Aaaaand…

I am using CAP Jelly Candy, but it comes off a bit harsh and chalky, any suggestions? 7% seems a bit high, I am having these issues at around 4%. Any notes on this?

What luck I stumbled upon this thread, I have been looking for suggestions on all three of these flavors.

1 Like

Hey. I used the sour Apple at 3% in a sourpatch candy. It was for sour effect as I didnt want a prominent apple note. It worked great for this application. I used the sour gummy in the same mix combining the RF with the Cap jelly candy 3-4% of each. I then layered a few orange flavors and some lemon. I SF tested Cap jelly candy at 12% and it was fine for me , no off taste…

1 Like

that’s just the effect of the 1% using its money to force governments to bow to their will. They’d rather have people dying of cancer from smoking their cigarettes, which they are immune from prosecution for, by the way, than lose the money they live lavishly on. This is the kind of thing the American Constitution says we’re supposed to take up arms, storm the whitehouse and FORCE change for.

2 Likes

Hi david, i’m also from belgium, did you find a recipe that comes close to the bazooka green apple?

I have been looking for ages for a recipe for the green apple sour straws one, decided to make one it’s been quite a journey. This is what I have so far, it’s close but not quite 100%. The “green apple sour straws” title is quite misleading when the main flavor note is fuji apple. The candy is quite a light flavor too, not like the jolly rancher ones you find that taste nothing like bazooka. In my recipe I use TFA ripe strawberry, capella sweet watermelon and tfa double kiwi to create the bazooka style base, I then layered two fuji flavors to create the in your face note I got from the original liquid. Here’s the rough recipe:

Double Kiwi TFA 1%
Strawberry Ripe TFA 1.5%
Fuji Apple CAP 5%
Sweet Watermelon CAP 6%
Fuji Apple FA 1.5%
Supersweet CAP 0.5%
Cotton Candy (10% EM) 0.5%

Hope it gets you closer to creating your own recipe that is close to the original :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi lad’s, any update, on green apple?

1 Like

What kind of update?

I’d suggest to go buy them all and try as solo…

I prefer flavorah’s green apple… and the other 11 apples they have :slight_smile:

1 Like