BBQ is better with a vape

Thanks, sorry @NChris

5 Likes

Stage 2 …

4 Likes

High of 80 today. First day in over a week that wasn’t right at the 100 mark. Taking advantage of that right away.

Brunch:

6 Likes

LOL @SmilingOgre Old Skool !!!

2 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes

Damn that looks good!

2 Likes

got to have some fresh veggies with that beautiful meat !!! Just got back from my local produce stand.

Rocky Hock Bust-A-Nut Cantaloupe
Purple Cabbage
Honeysuckle Local Honey
Fresh made thick slice Bacon
Outer Banks Large Scallops
Local Tomato’s
Mouth Watering Panty Dropping Juicy S.C. Peaches

6 Likes

I hope that bacon is going to wrapped around those OB Scallops???

2 Likes

OH Yeah and some Jalapenos

2 Likes

Surprised a steamcrave didn’t sneak into the pic. Looks great.

2 Likes

Now you have me craving Scallops. I will be down around Shallotte tomorrow, gonna have to grab some!

2 Likes

10 Likes

@SessionDrummer is that, wait a minute, let me look on the map…hold on… be right back…

1 Like

Threw some butts in the smoker last night. First time I’ve had a chance to smoke anything in quite a while so hopefully it’s like riding a bike.

9 Likes

@adam51 I love big butts and I cannot lie !!!

5 Likes

Next weekend I’ll be doing the same thing, my average butts weigh out to about 8 or 9 lbs so I normally only do one.

3 Likes

I planned on doing one, but the store I went to only had 1/3 shoulders and a two pack. Doing part of a shoulder sucks because they debone it when they section it and the cooking time is a lot shorter so it doesn’t have as long to spend in the magical smoke. I figured pulled pork freezes well, so I’d just cook both of them instead of trying to freeze a whole one. Besides, it’s a lot easier to store several smaller vacuum sealed bags of meat in the freezer than one huge piggy popsicle.

Here’s the finished product. I’m having some issues with the hopper on my smoke box so I didn’t get quite as much smoke as I was going for, but it turned out pretty well anyway.

10 Likes

Next day always tastes better anyway… lol

4 Likes

A favourite in our household now, using leftover pulled pork the following day

Ingredients

1kg Pulled Pork
1 tbsp olive oil.

1 large onion finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 x 660g jars passata with basil
large pinch caster sugar
400g dried cannelloni tubes

For the topping
50g butter

50g plain flour
600ml whole milk
140g soft cheese with garlic and herbs (Philadelphia type or Riccotta if you want a plain straight soft cheese)
140g Homemade Smoked Cheddar (or any cheddar or parmesan) Grated

For the filling, dry-fry the pork in a non-stick pan on a medium-high heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon until warm – about 10 mins. Remove and set aside. Add the oil and cook the onion for 5 mins, until soft. Add the garlic for 1 min more, then tip in the pork and 1½ jars of the passata sauce and the sugar. Simmer for 20 mins while you make the white sauce.

Heat the butter in a small pan. When foaming, stir in the flour for 1 min. Add the milk gradually, stirring all the time to achieve a lump-free sauce, then bubble for 2 mins while stirring. Remove from the heat and stir in the soft cheese with seasoning until dissolved. Set aside, covered with cling film to stop a skin forming.

To assemble, pour the remaining tomato sauce into the base of large baking dishes . Spoon the pork mix into the cannelloni tubes using a teaspoon and lay on top of the sauce. Pour on the white sauce, then sprinkle with Cheddar or Parmesan. If freezing, allow to cool, then freeze wrapped well in cling film. To eat straight away, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and cook for 40-45 mins until the pasta is tender and topping golden. Defrost frozen cannelloni thoroughly, then cook as above for 50 mins-55 mins

This will easily fill 12-15 Cannelloni Tubes (Get from supermarket). If making for just a couple of people use half amounts. Think this tastes great and Pulled pork stills has a smoky bite to it the next day.

4 Likes