Be polite and introduce yourself! (2017)

Hi there! Total n00b here. Buying e-liquid is killing my wallet + in 9 months vaping I have been struggling to find the juice I really like. I have some good ones, but couldn’t really find my holy grale. I’m hoping to find it here :slight_smile: Really excited about that.

9 Likes

@roddeh Welcome Have you figured out your flavor profile yet? I think it took me a year and a half to really get mine down pat. Wifey just really figured hers out last fall almost three years into vaping. There’s no magic formula to figure it out. I discovered mine from beverage choices I make. Wifey from the fact that she teased me about making a juice that was as good as the rice crispi treats I make. Mine are so far beyond the simple things in the recipe on the bag/box. I had made a batch for a party and she was ranting and raving about vaping them. I took it as a challenge and three attempts later I have a 14 ingredient recipe that pretty much vapes just like mine taste.

5 Likes

@GPC2012 thanks! Damn, 14 ingredient recipe?! I still have a long way to go. Speaking of my flavor profile, it’s pretty hard to tell. It’s easier for me to tell what tastes I’m not very fond of. I have a few vaping friends, and all of them seem to have a similar profile: they vape cookie, vanilla like juices… Really not my cup of tea. I love bakery but not for my vape. This far, I think I tasted about 50+ premium liquids and there’s only really 2 that I would buy: ‘Chewing Gum’ (Vape’n Side) and ‘Adios Modderf#cker’ (yes, it is actually named like that :expressionless: ) from Pulp. 2 Premium eliquid brands based in France. They differ very much in taste. The first one is a really dense, rather sweet strawberry bubble gum flavor and the other one has a lemon grass flavor with subtle touches of anise. To start with I purchased some popular flavors and some additives: strawberry ripe, grape juice, bubble gum, ethyl maltol, sweetener, sour. I think I’ll add Bavarian Cream, vanilla custard and dragon fruit, to have a wider range to start with. That said I’ts obvious that i will be experimenting in the sweet fruity candy corner. We’ll see what that gives. Made 4 small batches so far, only one really vapeable but that says it all :slight_smile: I’m a very picky person when it comes to vaping flavors… I wish I was like my best mate, they call him the all-smoke you can probably guess why :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

In time, you should give this one a go… from our resident mixing Chef @DarthVapor :sunglasses:

I still think it needs one more Tobacco in the mix! :rofl:

7 Likes

You sound similar to me. I at first was vaping things like black ice Licorice and menthol. I now hate it. then I was into cinnamon flavor the red hot kind but now can’t vape it. I finally landed on fruits. My favorites are Peach, Boysenberry, Nectarine, Orange if it’s the right one. I like a little cream with the fruits and love bourbon and fruit. or champagne and fruit. My favorite flavor brands are Purilum (you can find it at Nicotine River) Capella and TPA I know a lot of people like a bunch of the more expensive flavors I just have trouble rationalizing the costs of some of the flavor prices.

2 Likes

Nothing against Darth Vapor, I just can’t rationalize $12 for 30 ml of flavoring when I feel I can get 120 ml of all I need for the same price. I DIY to save money

1 Like

I mixed this Friday and it ended up costing me 2.9 cents per ML

3 Likes

Sounds like where I am at right now.

Hello everyone! :blush: I’m Jenny from Notheastern Pennsylvania. I started vaping 5 months ago. I was a pack a day+ smoker for 26 years. I tried to quit more times than I could count! I could quit no problem, but I could not stay quit. I thought I had it when I quit for 3 years, but sadly not. I never lost the desire to smoke. It always smelled good, I would see people smoking and would long for a cigarette. While my husband remained a smoker, he always kept it away from me so I wouldn’t be tempted. But just smelling the smoke on him and tasting it on his lips was enough to give me cravings. I decided to try vaping. I started out with a menthol tobacco juice, Carolina Menthol by smoke crossroads at 6% and I loved it immediately. I had 3 cigarettes left. I smoked one. And then compared it to taking a puff of the vape. I couldn’t believe how good the vape tasted. It was better than the cigarette! It was nothing like I imagined! My original plan was to smoke that evening and begin the next day as a 100% vapor. I thought it would be hard, but it wasn’t! I smoked those last 3 cigarettes as my goodbye and have not wanted one. However, 2 weeks in, I broke my tank! I was stranded with no nicotine! I got 3 cigarettes out of where I knew my husband had some hidden, and smoked them right in a row. Historicly, this would then start the spiral of having just one cigarette a day, then a few, then a pack. But, I HATED them! Why I smoked so many, I can’t say. But, I immediately regretted it. Not in the ways I did in the past. But, in new ways. I couldn’t get the taste out of my mouth forever, I couldn’t get the smell off of me. I had no desire for a cigarette again. And should something happen again in the future, I probably would get a nicotine patch, that I still have, out and put that on before going for a cigarette.

I started DIY mixing about a month ago because my 2 favorite flavors are too expensive to keep on hand. I go through them quickly when I have them. I did not realize how hard it would be to try to replicate the flavors. However, I am happy I started doing this anyway. I am exploring so many new flavor profiles that I would have been afraid to buy a bottle of in case I wouldn’t like it. I found so many new flavors that I love. The biggest surprise being RY4, I would not have picked that out to try, but it is now the main flavor in my ADV. I have strayed away from trying to recreate my 2 favorite juices, smoke crossroads Carolina Menthol and Coconut Bay. Not many people have ever tried them to help me and I am not very good at creating my own recipies yet. I have been using yours, and I thank you all very much for your help! I am mainly vaping things I mixed myself now! I am so glad to have found this website! It is such a wonderful resource. And, because I have found so many wonderful recipies to try, I am mixing all of the time. I now have so many small flavor concentrate bottles, and a few larger sizes that I knew once I used them, that I would need them often. I always liked to cook and bake, but I have a severe back injury that has prevented me from doing it for the last few years. This has become my new version of cooking! I love doing it and get so excited about a great new flavor I made! I have made so many recipies from here that I figured that it is about time that I introduce myself and let everyone know how much I enjoy your creations! Thank you again for sharing them!

16 Likes

Welcome to the digital world of getting our nicotine fix vs. that nasty old analog way.
I started vaping a little over a month ago after 40 years a smoker. Haven’t had a cigarette since.
…and welcome to ELR, great place, great people.

10 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush: So far, I have found this to be a great place! And the people must be great if they are willing to share their hard work by posting recipies! I love the concept of sharing your ideas and not looking for monetary payment for it, but for more information to be shared back! I hope that I can start sharing my own recipies, once I understand more of the flavor profiles and how to make flavors work together!

9 Likes

And you get links to free stuff sometimes too.

6 Likes

Awesome! Thank you so much! You made me smile! :blush:

5 Likes

@Jenny1978 Shout out from Delaware. Great story, and continued success !!!

5 Likes

@GPC2012 What ever IS that mystical liquid ???

1 Like

Hey Delaware! :blush: Thank you so much!

3 Likes

Somebody say Captain ??

6 Likes

Freedom after 40 years Daven. Outstanding !!!

6 Likes

Careful, if he tells ya he’ll kill ya… Lol

4 Likes

Welcome @Jenny1978 ! Nice to have you here!

4 Likes