Be polite and introduce yourself! (2017)

Hello everyone, I am from the Canary Islands (Spain) but, living in Norway… Obviously a new member and also quite new to vaping, so new I haven’t even started. I just did order Mod, Vaporizer, some colls and when I went to dig about the e-juices I felt like hitting a wall at 200km/h… WHAT A WORLD!!! So, doing a research is how I ended up in this community and lets be polite introducing myself before I keep reading.

I am looking for flavors similar to normal cigarettes to start with until I manage to really stop smoking and just vaping, I guess there will be an adaptation period and the most similar flavors would help me to do a smooth jump. Any hints would be highly appreciated.

12 Likes

Hi and welcome, DoY!

Congratulations on your decision on quitting and I’d say that you’ve come to the right place. @Josephine_van_Rijn is one of our tobacco vape house experts, maybe she’ll have some tricks up her sleeve.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s get you something to read :grinning:

6 Likes

@DoY welcome to ELR. @Josephine_van_Rijn would def. be the one to go to as @anon60225325 said. I too thought I needed/wanted a cigarette like vape when I quit (years ago, things were different then), but I found that although I liked many of the tobacco flavors, they were more like raw tobacco and not BURNING tobacco !!!

Kind of hard to replicate that. I quickly found a Honey Nut Flue Tobacco that was just to damned good to pass up, and stopped looking for the ultimate EXACT-ness to smoking, and instead a good flavored alternative. Good luck.

5 Likes

I have been reading for a few hours now so, thanks a lot for the few more hours of reading :smile: . It is quite interesting to be honest and also to read how many has succeeded to stop smoking is a huge hope. I will definitely check out your links, one more time a million thanks!

7 Likes

Thanks a lot for your welcome…

Did it help in the beginning those cigarettes like flavors in that transition you took years ago?. I am a bit of course too new to dig and get lost into flavors, also a few month ago I took a shot (So to say) of my wife’s cousin vaporizer, he was using a very fruity mix and I found it to be definitely not for me. Since I am about to start and the main goal at the moment is to change the habit of smoking for vaping, I just can guess that the tobacco testing is what will fool my brain. The next goal is to reduce the nicotine and by then hopefully just enjoy flavors… The burn missing sensation you are talking about is something I have been reading a lot in my research.

6 Likes

@DoY, welcome to the forum. Great people and great info.

5 Likes

Glad you are here . hell i’m glad i’m here. I’m glad every ones here.

9 Likes

I have never found what you are looking for other say they have. the only thing i know about that taste like a marlboro red is a marlboro red lol. or a cigar is a cigar. For a tobacco i use an Ry4 of some kind or several kinds blended to gather ,w/ Butterscotch,caramel, vanilla maybe a cream. there are mixes for this everywhere on sites every where. There is a lot of delusion in the vaping world IMO . I put nic in all my juice I started with 48 nic iam down to 6 and 3. I vape because if i don’t i smoke cigarettes . Vaping is better for me. i spend some money on vaping ,but not near what i would smoking. There are some great mixes and mixers on this site . It will be a pain in the butt for you sometimes learning to mix,there is a learning curve you will have to go thru no one can really go thru that for you. I hope you keep vaping and mixing it will be great fun for you. MO Again. There are some really fun things that go on at this site and funny things.there are a lot of way better mixers than me most of them will help you every way they can . This is the best site i have been on with the least amount of horse shit. This site is jam packed with info also! Have fun enjoy I think i wrote this shit to my fukin self old men do crazy shit LOL I ain’t changing it.!@#$%^&*)_

8 Likes

Not at all I am reading it… I do agree with what you have said, there will be not substitute for the real taste and feeling of it, I use to say as much as I try to make Potaje (A traditional soup from the Canary Islands) like my mothers, each one gets me more away from the taste I have in my memories :disappointed: but, perhaps that is the goal here :smile:. Having lots of fun reading and learning too. Thanks for the feedback!

6 Likes

Heyla – I’m coming back to vaping after finding my old e-cig in a drawer and deciding, hell, why not. It’s. . . interesting.

The old modders seem to have done so well that mod boxes are the majority of the productrs these days. Everything seems to be sub-ohm, and vapour production have gone from cigarette-esque to . . .fog machine-esque?

I picked up a Smok G150 starter kit witht he Big Baby Beast, and bought a Cloud Beat King for the lols. . .the lols are on me my friend, the lols are on me. It was fine with some ag I just added blueberry to – but I had actually bought two bottles of fluid for the old one in the drawer (E-LEctron Supreme, it was cancelled not long after I bought it and I quit vaping for like the fourth time) before I walked out of the shop having spent 30 USD for 60ml and was like “Blow this, best buy a mix kit”, and then spent 50 USD for the gear and total fluid/vg/flavorings to make about 1500 ml of liquid total XD. – so about those two bottles, one is 16mg/ml. . .which was fine when kits never went past 20-30watts. At 90 in the cloud best king I think the first hit nearly killed me XD. I think I’m gonna use a syringe to pull about half it our and just add VG. Maybe 8mg won’t hurt.

Seriously, I remember when 32mg/ml was just, it was what you got man. It was all I vaped, I thought lower sets were for the kind of people who drink decaf coffee (animals. . .). Well, they may have been, but I think it is safe to say 6mg is a good rule of thumb max for these new attys >.>

I think I’m gonna buy a jig and an RTA for the CBK and the BBB next – just way too much money to replace these attys compared to 50ft of wire. I used to make my own coils, I’m sure with YT I can learn easy enough.

Loving the Big Baby Beast btw – amazing, and the CBK is just, it’s too much man, lols are fine, but dear god. At least I knew I was spending the money unwisely :P.

Oh, and I refuse to switch to weight based mixing. . cause, habit. Tho with liquids being all VG, not even AG just straight up VG these days. . .that refusal might die out eventually. But I like my graduated cylinders man.

But yeah, just another way to love and enjoy smoking for me. Got my pipes, my medwakhs/dokha, my RYO, nasal snuff, cigars, and back to vaping for at least a time. Tho the tech has come so far now I don’t see the things that usually made me give it up getting in the way anymore. Cause I’ve been vaping off and on since 2008, and there were always problems man, up to and including frying two or three mods because I apparently suck at engineering things :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers.

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum and back to vaping.

6 Likes

Hello All,
Leilani (lay-la-nee) here. I’m new to DIY and was introduced to this website from my friend @Norseman.

I pulled the trigger yesterday for the Memorial Day Sales and bought all my DIY flavors and supplies: 58 flavors (flavor stash feature here is awesome), 1 Gallon PG & VG, NIC, 32 squeeze bottles (various sizes), a digital scale that measures 0.01, and some wicked pink gloves.

Bows - I’m looking forward to starting my DIY journey here using some of your recipes. Thank you all for the hard work. I’m learning a lot and I will contribute the best I can. :blush:

Sincerely,
Leilani

23 Likes

Lovely to have you here :smiley:

8 Likes

Ahhh… the first of many triggers to be pulled! :money_mouth_face: Enjoy!

12 Likes

Any friend of Norseman is a friend of mine. :smiling_imp: Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are ready to get mixing.

8 Likes

Thank you for having me @Lolly :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

@Norseman is the man. Thank you for having me @Daven :blush:

6 Likes

@Kinnikinnick - I already know. I just ordered more flavors today.

6 Likes