Be polite and introduce yourself! (2017)

Thank you. I have made 2 others since. I wish I would have picked diy up a
lot sooner. It is so relaxing and very rewarding when you taste your mix
and it already taste either the same or better then some of the juice you
paid way to much for. This community seems great so far. I can’t wait to
get to know so of you guys better.

6 Likes

Hello everyone,
I was using the site to save the recipes for some time and seek some advice, and just now I realized that I never introduced myself.
I write from the island of Sardinia in Italy, and 've behind a past of 26 years of smoke.
I had tried to vape five years ago but has not involved me.
The last year my partner for my birthday gave me the plenty and the migthy by S & B, so I began to vaporize my weed and then suddenly I abandoned even 30-40 cigarettes a day … so I tried to get closer and try again an electronic cigarette.
A whole other thing to five years before, surely cuz the progress that there has been in this area!
I am completely reborn thanks to vaporize and vaping.
Very fond about rda’s and also got into DiY a lot since know how to cook quite well(I think cooking and make e-liqs are very similar in many respects)
I’m trying to create valid liquids that may be used as bases so as to be changed often so as not to excessively get bored of one in particular.
Guess that’s all,stay tuned ,see ya

19 Likes

Hi I’m Danny from the uk decided to start doing my own ejuice glad to be here

13 Likes

Floe and Danny, welcome to ELR!

8 Likes

I don’t think that is ever a bad idea MizzZ. I started (with many shopping carts full, deleted, re-filled), then decided to go big or go home. My thoughts were even if the initial investment was more than I had thought, I figured as long as I had enough supplies, and good recipies (thanks daath), the SOONER I started mixing up good mixes, the SOONER I would start saving money. Just my .02.

4 Likes

Great ideas, and thanks for the links! That scale is the one I have in my Amazon cart. I canceled my subscription to a eliquid monthly service which was right around $50 a month. I figured I could spend that same money every month on diy supplies and get way more bang for my buck. I’m about to narrow down the flavors on my first order, I’ll probably just order the 18 recommended flavors from A Beginner’s Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes plus 2 to make it 20 even. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and encouragement! I’ll keep you posted on my journey!

9 Likes

Welcome to “the rabit home” as it has been described lol to all the new comers… We welcome you do tons of reading and we are all here to help… So I have been a member here for a few months and some of you know me already… I am a pretty active poster :slight_smile: I love to get and give advice as much as possible but I noticed I never did formally introduce myself…
Born and raised in inner City Chicago illinois… Both of my parents were smokers and I joined the club very early. (not gonna do my whole story I promise to post it to the appropriate thread someday soon :)) anyway I still live in Illinois but South now close to springfield with my Fiance and my two beautiful children. Started vaping in 2012 a little after my son was diagnosed with asthma… There have been ups and downs but I havnt had an actual cig in 2 years now… DIY all the way and I can also vouch for the above scale as it is the same one I use. I also started mixing by volume first and when I made the switch back in November to a scale I was extremely happy and woundered how I did it for a year without one… Any way I won’t keep rambling :slight_smile: welcome to the new members and keep asking questions of you havnt noticed by now we like to talk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Welcome @Jayrell :speak_no_evil: Hee hee

7 Likes

wait… did i pass initiation?? lol

4 Likes

You reached 200 posts before introducing yourself, that called for a welcome, lol, jk, I like your attitude! :+1:

7 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

6 Likes

My first orderS weren’t very large (read expensive), maybe 40 or 50 bucks per order. However … I was receiving at least 1 (usually 2) orders a week for about 2 or 3 months. That’s how I kept it under my wife’s radar. I was in “Stealth Vape Order Mode”. And it worked … for a week or two anyway :grimacing:

7 Likes

Does anyone (daath aka Oz the Great and Powerful) know how many members there are?

3 Likes

102741 right now.

9 Likes

Wow, a lot more than I thought :astonished:

6 Likes

If you stick around you will start to see names that pop up often some of us are pretty active and love giving back to this community :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome Jay! Funny to welcome someone whom I take advice and inspiration from, lol.

Mad respect.

5 Likes

Welcome to the new folks! :smiley:

8 Likes

Hello the new people! This is the website of triumph and tears. This is where you will learn to spend much disposable income with the reward (eventually) of having the best tasting, lowest cost, cloud chucking experience to be had on planet earth. This is where you find the best and the brightest mixers who will share their knowledge. Welcome to fun.

12 Likes

Hello everyone and thank you for allowing me to join your forum. I am eager to learn all about DIY ejuices after spending thousands of dollars over the past few years on commercial products. I am currently working on getting my “stash” supplied and have already made some of your recipes @kreed Kreeds Kustard 3 more weeks to steep, @thirdworldorder - I made three of your recipes on 2/7 Imperial Butterscotch, Third World Custard, and Creamy Caramel Custard…I cannot wait to try them out today after a week of steeping per your recommendation. I am excited to be a part of the community and look forward to learning everything there is to know about making ejuice. Thanks again everyone and especially @daath for creating and hosting a space where we can all share and learn from each other.

Ken

17 Likes