Be polite and introduce yourself! (2017)

@TheTinMan1 they do not know me very well do they.

3 Likes

Welcome! The biggest hang ups I had trying to quit was first, getting used to vaping since it doesn’t have the anesthetics in it like cigs. I set my device at the lowest end and worked my way up to big satisfying hits. Also breaking the ritual of when and where I smoked. I had to put my vape gear in all these places and put my cigs in an inconvenient place, only allowed myself to smoke outside.

Probably the biggest factor will be finding the perfect device for you. I can recommend a Target Mini because they’re cheap, have good power for starting out and they’re easy to find. I don’t like the tanks but that’s because I’m spoiled now. Most other folks around here could probably make better recommendations. I have very limited experience with various devices.

3 Likes

This has intrigued me :thinking: Are you vaping at very high watts? I’m like @Mizzz_Z_Hobbit and started on low watts, increasing as time went on.

I only ask because I’ve never coughed from vaping.

And welcome to the world’s greatest forum :+1::smiley:

4 Likes

I picked the wrong time to drive home from work!..

Lmaoooo

3 Likes

Is it a" stick" shift problem?

4 Likes

I’ll have 3 kids soon…

I have no such issue…

5 Likes

Meant is it getting harder to shift. Lol.

2 Likes

no no…when it’s hard I have no problem shifting it…

3 Likes

Hi Lolly, I tried low and high watts, same result. I choke and cough badly on all mixtures, even 100/0, even with no flavors. And i dont mean a cough but 10 in a row… People say you’ll get used to it but after a long time it didnt change so I kept smoking. I never coughed from smoking, though. There must be a way here.

Do you happen to know how to cancel a membership? Its not in Preferences and there is no Contact Us that i can see.

1 Like

Do not go. Just be more respectful. That is all.

3 Likes

Shut down any airflow and hold the drip tip away from your mouth (like you are blowing across the top of a bottle) & take small hits. It sounds like you are just getting too much vapour to start off on.

Just my 2 cents

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply but I dont know or use any such system. I use Ego V V and clearomizers and branded e-liquid to which I was adding VG in increasing amounts but it didnt change anything. It never occurred to me but are there people who cant vape due to allergies or some other thing?

The main issue with allergies is usually from PG. If you’ve tried straight VG then this probably isn’t it. Maybe it’s your device not wicking right. Try researching reviews on Youtube and also research the reviews of vape shops near where you’ll be when you come to California. Find a reliable shop with knowledgeable staff and explain all of this to them. They can probably help you find a few good options or maybe they’ll have some good ideas.

Please don’t give up. One of my first devices was an Ego One and if that had been the only device I tried, I would also have given up. Fortunately my sons had better devices so I also got a Target because I knew I liked my son’s. It was a process for me to figure out but it’s so worth it. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your struggling mate.

I’m not familiar with the ego equipment. Keep trying to find a vape setup & juice that works for you. There are a lot of options out there. So I’d imagine you will find a setup that will work.

Once you find your setup, then you can give up the stinkies. Don’t worry about it till you are worked out. It’s hard enough as it is without having to worry about your vape setup.

Just remember the first 2 weeks giving up is the hardest. You’ll have a lot of cravings. I found they dropped away a lot at that mark. And I rarely have them now.

Is the cough coming from within your lungs or your throat? If your lungs I think the suggestion about reducing airflow and looking at MTL (mouth to lung) type vaping may help. If it’s your throat then yes you’d have to look at juices. I think, not totally confident.

If you have any vape stores where you live that would be a great way to go and try various things. Mate keep trying & posting what you are doing you will get as much help as you can take in here.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies.

Hobbit, yes ive heard that before. I posted elsewhere that the same comments as ours were seen on YT and that fellow said everything changed when he moved to sub-ohm and 24mg of nicotine. Then he quit smoking right on the spot and never went back. I dont understand what sub-ohm is or why it made any difference.

Ive read that the throat cough comes from a liquid released at the back of the throat when using VG but that its normal and nothing to worry about. Yeah ok but the coughing hurts when you are coughing all day. It made me stop vaping because i knew the next puff would cost me a number of hard coughs. Most people say just to stick with it, the body will adjust. When is that? Well, for some people its within one day. Others like me, i guess a lot longer. Ive been at this for a very long time and feel like my only choices now are cold turkey or jumping a building. I envy people for whom it simply worked. Thats really great and I applaud them. I have a vaping friend, he smoked 2 packs a day, walked into a shop, bought whatever was offered to him, vaped and never went back and never had any desire to smoke. Those are the stories that get people in but i think its pretty rare actually.

I cant post pics in here but if you saw my setup you would recognize it right away. Its just older stuff.

1 Like

When you inhale, try mixing a lot of air in with the vapor like you would a joint lol. Rather than drawing it in like sucking soda from a straw, have the drip tip barely touching your lips and inhale with your lungs not the mouth. Does that make sense? I just tried a vape like sucking soda from a straw then inhale and I started coughing. If you still can’t vape then don’t. The minty nic lozenges work ok but they are too spicy and somewhat boring.

2 Likes

It wasn’t easy for me. From the time I started sampling my sons’ vapes to the time I was convinced to buy my own was over two months. From there it was another four months weaning off the cigs. It’s different for everyone so even if you still smoke a bit, keep an open mind about looking for the right set up for you. Once you find your sweet spot with the right device, right settings, right juice, you’ll be so happy. It’s way more satisfying than smoking and healthier.

1 Like

I get you. Actually how I have been doing it almost from the start is short sucking the straw, letting out 3/4 of that and inhaling the rest.So basically 95% is already tossed and its still cough. Furthermore I got 5 hernias from the coughing, had surgery a year ago and the Dr ordered me to stop coughing. Not only that, I have a collapsed lung on the left side because I trained myself to take very short breaths to avoid coughing. This you can fix by practicing long deep breaths to fill the lungs, they’ll inflate again with strong exercise. But its all part of my vaping experience and i think its time to stop trying. Some people just cant vape which is news to me and I can finally stop the double expense of vaping and smoking. Thank god I dont live in California anymore where smokes are going to $9.00 a pack next month. Im going to smoke until they tell me i have cancer and then i’ll jump, or im going to jump in order to quit. Crazy, I know but ive gone mad with this,its wrecking my life. Thanks for the replies and good luck staying smoke free. Ive quit 3 times in my life, its the best feeling in the world. Somehow I cant do it now and im beginning to no longer care why.

1 Like

Hmmm, well? How about a nice pinch of Copenhagen! It satisfies…

1 Like

Hey guys new to the forum, from the UK and started dabbling in DIY 2 weeks ago. Have been vaping for just over 4 years and completely off the ciggies for 5 years.

Currently have a French toast recipe and a smores recipe given to me by a friend that has been steeping for a week now, caps off in the cupboard. Have used darkstar vapour for my PG, VG, Nic and concs.

Looking forward to learning a lot and making some tasty juices!

7 Likes