Be polite and introduce yourself! (2017)

Hello all, I’m Leif. I’ve learned a lot about diy from a lot of different sites, but I can say that, hands down, this is the most helpful and supportive forum/site that I have had the pleasure of visiting. Loved it so much that I had to join! I look forward to feeding my newly founded mad chemist mindset and helping others along the way. Cheers to all who help make this site and community what it is!

12 Likes

Hi there, Leif, and welcome to our humble home! :balloon:

5 Likes

I did the same! Lol

2 Likes

Thank you Underanne!

2 Likes

Do I sense a fellow Scandinavian?

2 Likes

You are correct! Mostly Danish, with a little Norwegian. Stick out like a sore thumb here in the desert! Lmfao A good Viking always has a sea, mine is just made of sand lol

5 Likes

That makes two of us then; I’m Norwegian

4 Likes

glede å møte deg Lol

2 Likes

Takk i like måte, Leif! :smile:

2 Likes

Welcome Leif to ELR, great place for sure. My middle name is Leif, and I am an odd mix, Swedish/Norwegian. :grinning:

5 Likes

Thank you! I am often mistaken for Swedish with the blonde hair, blue eye bit lol My boss introduces me to people as Thor! Lmfao

6 Likes

I love this site and the people always willing to help. Thanks!

5 Likes

I lived in Scottsdale for 8 years back in the 60s. Love Arizona.

4 Likes

It is paradise for half of the year, just hellish the other half! Lol I remember when I first moved here, people talking about it being a dry heat… I learned, and after the first summer, my response became, “sticking your head in an oven is a dry heat too!” Lol I’m on the other side of the valley, but I do end up on the rich side of town for work quite a bit. Good to meet you Daven.

3 Likes

Good to meet you too, and I remember, yah, but it’s a dry heat. We moved out in '68 before it was the rich side of town.

2 Likes

Welcome AZViking I live in Chandler AZ

2 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Wow, that is a powerful statement @AZViking. @daath will be pleased to hear it.

4 Likes

WOW, how’d you sense that ??

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have an extremely well developed clairvoyant gift :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol

4 Likes