Be polite and introduce yourself! (2017)

Hello, all.
I’ve been reviewing the site for a few weeks now. I’m from the restrictive state of Kalifornistan. I’ve been vaping for about 6 years, but the costs have been skyrocketing the last couple of years, so I decided to try my hand at mixing my own juices. I bought the adventure kit from Nic Vape. My 1st try was awful. Tasted like perfume. So I read a bunch of posts and various recipes. My second try, a blueberry donut is fantastic. I’m now trying to compile a list of flavors to buy so I can create all the juice flavors I like. E-liquids has been the best resource I’ve found to help me learn how to mix. Thanks to you all.

12 Likes

Heyheyhey @Bonedaddy :tada: Welcome and congrats on your blueberry donut! Here’s to all the other to come!

5 Likes

Hi…been on here hiding for a couple of weeks. Just found this post and thought I had better introduce myself. I packed up smoking after 43 years and started vaping & I can honestly say I prefer vaping to smoking.
I started to make my own e-liquids last year but couldnt get on with it. Found this place and ive finally cracked it. So a big thank you to everybody here.
Flump (aka wenz )

13 Likes

Glad you decided to come out of the shadows, Wenz, welcome! :balloon:

5 Likes

Sorry didn’t mean to double post

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am new to vaping and of course mixing. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and grew up about an hour northwest of Indianapolis. I am eager to learn and hopefull to be able to be of help to others in the future. I just turned the “BIG 50” and inherited smoking from my parents, hoping to be able to “kick the habit” very soon!!! My Valentine’s Day gift to myself was a Smok Alien 220W Baby Beast. I would love to hear from anyone from or near Cincinnati. Thank you and Vape On

11 Likes

Welcome @Bonedaddy, @Flump and @er5reni! It’s the best place to be on the t’interweb :+1::smiley:

7 Likes

thanks for the heads up.:grinning:

3 Likes

I had lurked and registered long before taking part, I didn’t even think about an introduction. My name is Nikki, I am 29 years old, was a ten year, pack of Marbol reds a day smoker, having quit just a bit over a year ago now. I did not quit smoking by vaping, I quit with the patch. Quitting is hard and I found myself struggling at the most important times of day, upon waking, after eating, while driving etc. So to help I picked up a gas station ciga-like to vape only during the worst of times and only during my first few weeks of quitting. I didn’t know anything about vaping except what is spoke of around the general public. Uneducated I assumed vaping was no safer than smoking, explosions, popcorn lung, who knows what else, it’s so new so no one knows right? Well the use of a vape helped dramatically in my quitting without relapse, but still I was determined to only vape a short while, just to help me quit cigs for good… I didn’t want to pick up the habit of vaping, was afraid to, until I did my research and learned all the truths about vaping. I realised all the dangers that we hear of vaping isn’t the half of it and many said dangers are simply misunderstood. So then it began, I found a device that worked for me and almost immediately began DIYing my own ejuice. I had bought a bottle at my local shop, a plain vanilla that I really liked, at $20 a 30ml I went back for more but the shop could not replicate that first juice, no one knew what vanilla was first used and I wasted $ trying other juices I didn’t take to. So I then went online, ordered a sh*t ton of juice from vapewild, I didn’t like any of it. Disappointed but determined, from there I went to the forums and ended up making my first purchase from liquid barn and Bullcity, that was 11 months ago and the rest is history, I am still learning but always have amazing juice and I love the hobby. My ADV is a strawberry lemonade, I still have not replicate that original vanilla juice but I keep trying. The few people I know that vape now get their juice from me and they all say how it’s the best they have ever vaped. I am constantly improving and enjoy taking pride in creating flavors, obtaining and using the most premium of ingredients, making my diy juice even superior to the most premium and popular brands.

19 Likes

Greetings from the big woods of Wisconsin. Total noob here, but that has never deterred me before. I was a pipe smoker years ago and quit it when my son was born. Now he’s grown up and moved out and my thoughts turned to the pleasures of pipe smoking again. I dusted off the old pipe, bought some tobacco and fired it up and thought “Ewww!”. I love the aroma of English blend pipe tobacco but hate the taste and the mess of ash and tar buildup in pipes. My wife was a cigarette smoker at the time and I didn’t like the smell of it either. That is when I started researching vaping, thinking I could still get the aroma I wanted and some nic to boot and get my wife off cigs. We went to a nearby vape shop and after an hour of talking with the worker there we walked out with a pair of EGO twist setups and began our journey into the vaping world. My wife and I both took to it like fish in water and she was off cigs within a week, never to go back. We have been vaping for a month and both have progressed to box/tank setups and couldn’t be happier. I haven’t found a good pipe juice yet but have found a few other flavors I like and so here I am, ready to begin researching DIY because I’m an inventor/fabricator by nature and I want to know what is in the juice I’m inhaling. I’d ultimately like to create my perfect pipe juice some day but for now I’ll settle for cloning flavors my wife and I enjoy already. I probably will ask dumb questions but that is how I learn so please bear with me. I’m an old hand at forums so I can take a bit of flaming if warranted!

18 Likes

Check with @Skullblade789 or some of the others here that do NETs

This will put you so close to pipe it will amaze you.

5 Likes

Welcome to the both of you, @Bikerdude and @VapinNurse

6 Likes

Hello,
Learned about this site through Reddit in an eager attempt to learn to make ejuice. The information available here is incredible. Just made my first batch. Hoping to find recipes here using Max VG. Will contribute where I can. For example, just found a great way to heat bath my mixes effectively. I place my unicorn bottle mixes in one of those Tumbler style 22 oz cooler bottle with a thermometer. So far it staying at 115 F for 2 hours.

11 Likes

Welcome to everyone! I see we have another cheese head! Yes, @Skullblade789 and @Kinnikinnick are the expert tobacco guys. There are loads of helpful folks around here for just about every aspect of vaping.

8 Likes

What part of the Great State of Cheese are you from? Kenosha here.

Welcome to this wonderful community to all.

7 Likes

Too bad cheesy doesn’t really work as a juice flavor. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Although @Walt_RealFlavors might try it and @Lovebag might beta test, lol.

10 Likes

Wow, thanks! There is so much here I fear it will take awhile to find my footing but the N.E.T. area will be one of my first stops.

6 Likes

I’m from the countryside, the closest town is a little place named Cushing. I’ve never been to Kenosha but my mom used to live in Evanston IL just south of you. The first live Reggae show I went to was at a bar in Evanston.

4 Likes

Welcome!
I was amazed at how much fearmongering and disinformation there was about vaping when I began researching it. After trying vaping I can’t imagine why it isn’t supported more. For me it is much more enjoyable than pipe smoking. Congratulations on successfully mixing, it sounds like you have a passion and talent for it. I’ve read the anti-mixing hype as well as many helpful and encouraging things but I haven’t attempted mixing yet.

5 Likes

Hey fellow mixers, another Newbie here from the Calgary, AB. Been at it for about a month now. I have more 10 ml bottles of experiments sitting on my shelf than I know what to do with right now haha. For every lucky batch i brew up there seems to be 6 or 7 fails to go with it but Im really enjoying the process. I have my fundamentals covered but all of that flavor note stuff is hard to nail down, especially when flavor concentrates dont have consistent strengths across the board. Oh well, more to learn.

11 Likes