Best Batteries in your opinion

LG HG2s are my battery of choice at the moment, a good compromise between mah and amps.

3 Likes

The only thing Iā€™d add is as long as you buy from a reputable source!

Old rule of thumb holds true.
ā€œThe bestā€ usually sell the most, so theyā€™re usually the first target(s) to be faked. :wink:

If the OP is in the USA, I can verify that Illumn.com sells legit batteries.

6 Likes

No way are they getting 45A and 3000mwh out of an 18650, just not happening. Most of those off brands are just rewraps anyway. I concur with these guys, stick with Sony, Samsung, and LG for batteries. Currently using Sony VTC6ā€™s for the extra battery life, but Iā€™m on a regulated dual battery mod so even at wattages above 120, Iā€™m still covered. Iā€™d be way more concerned if I was using an unregulated or mechanical mod.

4 Likes

Max Amps Per Battery = Max Wattage Per Battery / Minimum Voltage Per Battery

This is the basic equation for a regulated device. You vape around the 150W range, if your mod is a dual battery mod, youā€™ll want something that can push out 23.4A (assuming that the low battery voltage is set to 3.2V). Use the chart above to help you make a more informed purchase. Just remember that higher discharge rate means smaller capacity. The math becomes WAY more important on unregulated mods.

3 Likes

I did make another comment, but in my sleep deprived state last night I felt the need to delete it for some reasonā€¦
It basically said:
As far as I know LG HB2ā€™s are currently the highest rated on the market, at 30A. Next are Samsung 25Rā€™s, at you guessed it, 25A.
This info may be outdated now, but still relevant.
I personally use 25Rs, as I donā€™t really go below 0.3ohms of resistance. When I do, itā€™s with the single HB2 I own.

2 Likes

All you guys helped out a lot. I was seriously considering those imren I thought maybe they figured something out with how to make a battery that will be powerful and last. Ha Ha. I bought more of my LGā€™s, now the anticipated wait time. It will only be a couple of days hopefully. Thanks so much for all the help. I have been on this site for some time now and I have made a few comments but not a whole lot. I will start being more vocal on here I promise.

8 Likes

I will chime in here, I currently use the samsung 25R and LG HG2, and they are both excellent batteries, but I prefer the LG batteries. They just last longer at 3000mAH.
I have to change the samsung batteries about every 6 hrs, but the LGā€™s last me about 8.

I should also mention my mod is an istick pico. love that little thing!

2 Likes

Wow, Thatā€™s depressing! Amazing what the manufacturers will claim.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what my husband has been using. Heā€™s using 25Rs right now, maybe Iā€™ll check out the LGs for him. It would be nice if he could get through a whole work day on one battery.

Yup, thatā€™s what I do. I load a fresh LG in the morning for work, and the Samsung goes in when I get home :smile:

1 Like

I was just researching what batteries to buy that will work best with the devices i haveā€¦found this interesting and informative guide.

3 Likes

Just FWIW, ā€œBattery Moochā€ (lovingly referred to as Mooch) is pretty much hands down the accepted vaping authority when it comes to batteries. :wink:

He writes a few places, but he updates his list of ā€œapprovedā€ batteries (meaning ones that actually safely and reliably deliver what they claim) every so often.

You can find him at a number of places, though Iā€™m not sure what heā€™s actually considering ā€œhome baseā€ at this point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/53gm37/moochs_table_of_recommended_batteries_has_been/

He writes some good stuff for Phil Busardo
http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/the-battery-mooch

And he also has a FacePlant page (fb) for those who use such stuffā€¦ chuckles

5 Likes

FedBook? shiver
Boo!

3 Likes

I just bought 10 LG HB6 pink batteriesā€¦whats the word my intelligent birds??

1 Like

I have a few of these they are great mooch tests them as 32A draw shame they are only 15000mah but good for mechs

2 Likes

i use LG HE2 2500 30A

Are you sure they are 30A I thought they were 20A

2 Likes

they are 20 but he rates them at 30 for vapeing, make that 25 faulty memory

2 Likes

Be careful, I have a friend who got some high maH batteries and he failed to realize until he put them in his device, they they were not high drain. Itā€™s like he was using a AA even though there were 3 18650s in his device :joy:

3 Likes

Get good onesā€¦ :confused:

2 Likes