Best Coconut

Coconut RF is very realistic and cocopilada inw ain’t bad either. Here’s a macaroon recipe I did for the real coconut lovers out there. Sorry, I can’t paste the html in other than the link or java crashes my phone…

Oh yeah, agree again with all @DarthVapor and @Amy2 said as usual. RF is a bit like FLV SC, but I believe it might have a bit more nuance. FLV is very solid.

4 Likes

Sounds good, I’m just trying to keep the wife happy, she doesn’t like the TPA coconut extra. I’ve got several recipes with coconut in them. Sorry I don’t have them posted yet, I am terrible at taking the time to do add more of my reicpes to the site.

@JoJo must be busy, so I’ll toss this one in… Delosi coconut. It’s on my list but not yet procured based on her recommend

2 Likes

@Amy2 How much Cotton Candy or Marshmallow and which would you suggest to sweeten up the FA coconut, apparently I bought a bottle last month or the month before. Forgot I even had it. lol

1 Like

You can use Marshmallow any vendor at 1% and it’ll be tasty. If you like using cotton candy as a sweetener I’d stay under 1% and make sure it’s a SNV so the EM won’t mute the batch that’s really why I choose not to use it.

You know what would be really yummy is toasted marshmallow TFA at 2% w/ FA coconut !

3 Likes

I must agree, I would use Cotton Candy at 0.00% myself.
Toasted Marshmallow works great in desserts, but not well as a sweetener in things like Tropical Drinks.

1 Like

This isn’t just Coconut flavoring but in some types of recipes I have been using Macaroon FLV where I need coconut and it works great surprisingly often. It even works out well where you wouldn’t think it would. You may like it and may be worth trying.

4 Likes

Coconut has a great addition to many bakeries I agree BB it often acts as a cream. I hear you talking this Macaroon up did ya mix up a batch ya wana share being we’re talking coconut ! I haven’t worked too much w/ FLV’s Macaroon just yet have some steeping. Btw, NC weather has been nothing short of awesome !!! Lovin’ this change from 100 degrees + in FL and I’ve noticed no humidity thank goodness.

2 Likes

It’s a bit high in pg for you Amy but could be adjusted,

3 Likes

I got to get that malt you use it often and I keep forgetting where you said you got it … That looks plenty adaptable :blush: Thanks

3 Likes

You can get it here http://www.diyvaporsupply.com/organic-malt-nf/

3 Likes

Thanks again

2 Likes

Anything for you my lady…

3 Likes

I’m looking to make a recipe that asks for
FA Coconut 1.5%
TPA Coconut Candy 0.75%

but I’m missing the candy. Could I somehow replace it with a combination of TPA Coconut Extra and some type of sweetener (cap super sweet, tpa sweetener, tpa cotton candy or solub arome cotton candy)?

1 Like

Imo, no. Coconut Extra is it’s very own well defined flavor. It’s also super potent and will take over any mix with it’s own version of coconut. I’m not a fan of it at all, but I do like the TPA Coconut Candy. You may find other subs, but I don’t think Coconut Extra would work that well for it.

2 Likes

You could replace it with a combination of coconut extra at lower percentage and then add either caramel, toasted marshmallow or anything else roasted/toasted and a cream. Pick one or the other not everything lol.

Of course it will be not like the original but its possible because to me it tastes like a mix of the coconut you find inside a bounty plus the inside of a Rafaello combined.

Its mild coconut shavings dipped into a heavier cream with light coconut accents. But it does have a very faint caramel and toasted back note.

Since you’re from Europe I’m sure you know these candies lol

So if this all the coconuts you got try a very tiny amount of the extra since its much more potent. Or pair it with a medium strength custard/ice cream etc. But I do think in this recipe its just for that “coconut cream” feeling , might be wrong. As always there’s always a better substitute of course…somewhere :wink:

1 Like

@Big_Benny_MI @eStorm Thanks for your input, really appreciate it :+1:
And that’s one more coconut on my shopping list then sigh
I think I’m going to try it anyways because I really, really want to see what shyndo’s mango sticky rice tastes like. I’ll see later what it’s supposed to taste like when I have the coconut candy but I’ll just start with 0.25% coconut extra and some cream… maybe a touch of whipped cream or cream fresh perhaps.

@eStorm I know what bounty is, but it’s the first time I hear of Rafaello. I just googled it and never even saw it before. I’m not too keen on candy though… the problem is that once I start eating it, I can’t stop. But I have no issues to stay away from it completely :smiley:

1 Like

I agree with big benny, the EX version is used mixed by half with VG and then added according to mix percentages. Even then it’s distinct flavor can overpower the rest of the mix.

even at 0.25%

I kinda of despise tfa extra coconut, to me at any dectectable amount it tastes like suntan lotion, their reg coconut is more forgiving, and Candy coconut is what I use the most from tfa now we have F.A. this is what I reach for the most but sometimes it needs a little help, that is when I go for the FLV sweet coconut, to me and all recipes I made a nice mix of fa and FLV seems to work the best for showing up but not taking over. And you still get a slightly sweet coconut flavor. I haven’t tried Cappella’s yet and I have Inw but have not had great results with theirs either, so for me it a mix 3/4 fa and 1/4 FLV, and this is sweet coconut by FLV I have no idea on the regular more expensive coconut.

1 Like