BEST DEAL EVER 2017 - Exploring Ebay - Gone Wrong! - Anyone considering a Shield TV System? This is a MUST READ! LEGIT SCAM! =)

Check this out and tell me what the hell is going on here. I just bought one because I couldn’t resist the chance I actually get one of these systems for $27 shipped. This is a $300 system, brand new, in the box. It has to be a typo, but 30+ have been sold. So I have my fingers crossed.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122411169156?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

6 Likes

Oh, I already have one. If I had the money, I would buy all of these I could!

Edit: OK… I bought 2. So I am either double screwed, or I am going to be selling the 2nd one for $250 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just ordered one. Hopefully it’s not hollow inside lmao thanks for the heads up brother.

3 Likes

Why not, I’m in too. I have an addiction to these kinds of gadgets. Hey, with PayPal protection, ya can’t go wrong.

ETA: Thanks for this post, @LordVapor!

4 Likes

I am going to be so pissed off if I get both of these for $27 each. I will be kicking myself for years to come for not buying 10 more.

1 Like

I hope it works out, but that is a weird listing. UK seller with not much of a recent sales history, all the things for sale were listed in GBP, item location is in the USA being mailed by"Canada Post USA Letter-post", but later in the description says “Posts via est 2-day UK Tracked Delivery or Upgrade to 1-day Express”.

But then again, I might be [quote=“LordVapor, post:5, topic:125134”]
kicking myself for years to come for not buying
[/quote]

Let us know how it turns out.

3 Likes

Definitely very strange, but with both ebay and Paypal protection, I think it’s worth a chance, just ordered one, not that I need it.:grin:

2 Likes

always a good idea to resell lol

Quite an unusual listing. There is so much “off” about this and yet…screw it. I’m in for one. As has been said, there is EBay and PayPal protection should it be a scam. IF anyone finds anything wrong with this, I hope it gets posted here.

1 Like

I just received a message saying mine has been shipped, not that it means much at this stage.
I also noticed that 35 have now been sold.
I’m sceptical about receiving it, as the price makes no sense at all, but the protection should solve that.
When things seem to good to be true, they usually are too good to be true!:flushed:
For the price, it’s worth a punt.

2 Likes

Well…let’s see what happens. If you live in the US you’ll need an adapter as this comes with a EU plug. From what I’ve read, the power brick works from 100V to 240V so the adapter should be the only thing needed. At least I hope so. Hope you get what was advertised.

Just got my shipped message as well.

I’m in Israel, so the EU plug is good for me.

1 Like

Maybe they just fell off the back of the truck :sunglasses::moneybag:

1 Like

What an odd listing! I ordered one just for fun. I don’t think I have a need for it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Was looking to get another Chromcast so took a punt on this, fingers crossed.

1 Like

OK, so I got a shipped notification for my order as well, but strangely enough (or not), no tracking number.

As everyone so far has noted, the listing details do seem a little strange - seller in UK, posted as shipped from USA via Canada Post (WTF?!?), funds in Canadian dollars… very incongruent listing. The red flag is half-way up the pole, AFAIC. Did everyone’s PayPal go to a sheiladfla39 at gmail dot com?

I missed the detail about it having a European power plug, but that should be easily dealt with if the unit, in fact, arrives.

2 Likes

I sell a lot of drip tips and clone RDA’s and tube mods ect. on eBay and to me it seems like what’s going on is a scam yes you are protected by e bay and pay pal buyer protections but ebay has an option to reciece immediate payment so they get there money instantly and let’s say you don’t ever receive what you purchase yes you get tour money back but not for two to four weeks lol. To me when you say they didn’t give you a tracking number this was the first scam I thought of because if you didn’t know even if you do receive the item they can’t prove it without a tracking number so that makes me think they didn’t ship them at all otherwise they will be having big trouble having sold more than 30 of them without any tracking number lol at 30 of them sold that’s a quick $900 in there account that they get to play with until all these people report never receiving there items. 85 sold in 24 hours 22 sold in an hour looks like if it is a con they just got a $3000 loan for about 3weeks interest free lol. I hope its not a scam but without a tracking number it sure does feel like one.

Yep that’s the email paypal sent to. They have all positive ratings as a seller but we will see soon. Hopefully its not a scam. They may just be dumping these units since Kodi etc is now illegal in the UK and Canada.

1 Like

If you never receive the item and they return your money you can’t give the seller a bad rating it is really a fool proof way to come up with $3000 fast. Yes you have to pay it back but if your in a jam nothing like being a scum bag and lying for a quick come up.