Best DIY E-liquid Recipe of the Year 2016

In the video, there is mention of community impact about the chosen recipes. Most of which I never heard of. So I went looking for where that community is but I don’t see one. You have a link?

2 Likes

I got my flavors in today so I can make the no.1 recipe from DoD 2016. I’ve been dying for a good Fruity Pebbles type mix. I will be making this mix to the letter. Hopefully this will be the one…

Pebbles by NotCharlesManson

Ingredient%
Black Cherry (FA)0.75
Blood Orange (FW)1.5
Cream Cheese Icing (LA)1
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA)3
Hazelnut (FW)0.5
Lemon Lime (CAP)2
Meringue (FA)2
Sugar Cookie (CAP)4
Toasted Marshmallow (TPA)1
Vienna Cream (FA)1.25

Flavor total: 17%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Notes from NotCM…

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/4c2se0/recipe_pebbles_my_white_whale/

4 Likes

please let me know im very interested , i have the breakfast sampler from RF SC in my cart which has the trix and fruity pebbles flaves im hoping to make a SC cereal

1 Like

Okay, this recipe is posted as a SnV so I will post my thoughts as a SnV. For me this is more of a Citrus vape, than a cereal vape at this point. It’s definitely tasty with the orange on top and tasting very pleasant. I’m not getting any harsh notes from this mix. I was concerned about the 3% GC Clear Tpa maybe being harsh, but it’s being masked by the citrus note. As for the cream notes, I’m not getting much if any creamy feel. The crunch or cookie type nots are also very faint right now. Hopefully these notes will increase as it steeps. As these are notes from a SnV point, this might steep into something beautiful. I’ll find out in time. If I had to rate this as a cereal vape right now I’d give it a 6/10, but as a citrus vape 8.5/10. Overall I’d say good job NCM.

Edit: I mislabeled my bottle with yesterdays date this was made today 3-3-17. I vaped this about 20 min. after making it.

7 Likes

how do you make your labels ???

2 Likes

After asking about label makers, I followed @Ken_O_Where and purchased this label maker. It has performed flawlessly and I’m very happy with it.

3 Likes

I havent had any issues with mine either, very simple and straight forward software.

1 Like

damn thats as easy as 123 , and cheap i didnt know they were so compact either i always thought you had to use a computer thank you very much spending freeze has officially ended today

2 Likes

I tried that Mango alot of different ways with no success. Yucky!

2 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes now you will spend 3x what you were going to making up for lost time. :grinning:

3 Likes

im only getting what i need oh and RFSC which at this point i feel im in need lol

3 Likes

Heheheh I do that to, trouble is it seems like I need everything a lot more than I actually do - as long as I keep spending less than I did before vaping I am happy.

2 Likes

i hear ya my better half keeps saying i thought we were gonna save money lol so i added everything up and we spent half of what we would have on ciggs i had to explain ya its 100 or 200 a pop but it was 20 to 30 a day with ciggs and i have something to show for it , obviously i dont need to buy anything right now but if you look at vape mail 2017 you wont find much for me ive done a great job imo

6 Likes

Your restraint is much better than mine - problem is living in au is the shipping is a killer. If i am going to pay $30 usd for shipping I have to make the order worthwhile. I just keep loading stuff in the cart until the shipping increases then I drop an item so I get the most I can for the shipping price.

7 Likes

I tested this again after 3 days. I must say NCM really nailed the citrus part of Frooty Pebbles. The citrus has settled quite a bit. The citrus notes are very pleasant on the inhale, but the exhale is straight GC TPA.

I kinda suspected this might happen. After that beautiful inhale things really turn on the exhale. For me this has a grainy cinnamon note not unlike the crust in a lot Cheesecake recipes and that cinnamon grain just sit on the palate. I get zero fruit on the exhale or any lingering effect of it. The Sugar Cookie is greatly overpowered by the GC to the point that I don’t get any cookie notes at all.

Mixing 3% GC with fruits and keeping it all balanced is a tall order for any mixer and for me it just ruined what could be a great recipe.

6 Likes

I tested the Best DIY E-liquid Recipe of the Year 2016 again today (23 days later) and it seems to have meld into a single flavor. It’s a little bit citrusy, but IMO it’s not reminiscent of Fruity Pebbles at this point. The 3% GC has killed the fruit notes. It’s a bit sharp on the tongue with a feel of chewed paper in the background.

This one doesn’t steep well. It was much better in the 1st 2 weeks. The flavors were separate and more crisp early on. If you try this mix, only make what you can vape in a couple weeks.

One thing that was impressive for me was the Lemon Lime CAP. I can still pick this out of the mix and I’ll be using it in the future. Paired with pyure, it’s very much like a sprite flavor.

10 Likes

I looked at all those recipes and I just don’t see them being even in my top 20 list. And honestly, I think it’s a bit presumptuous to even try to come up with a list of the best recipes of the year considering how many are released here on a daily basis. I would be willing to bet money I can name off ten recipes here that if given to an unbiased group to rate would be considered hands down better vapes than any of those. Hell I bet @Pro_Vapes you have quite a few released last year that are all better LOL :wink:

7 Likes

Like @daath said, it’s wayne’s opinion of the best he’s had in 2016. I can’t judge from his palate so I made it to see where it placed in my best of 2016.

2 Likes

Yeah, I get that. But to go as far as produce a vid to declare to the world these are my favs… “umm ok? Your point?” is what I am trying to say LOL. Maybe I am just a dick? Don’t answer that!

5 Likes

Some people might find it a bit presumptuous to declare those recipes as the best ones of 2016.
As i read earlier in this thread i also believe that you can find better recipes among the members of ELR.

6 Likes